Resume for role of Quentyn Martell- Anyone think I have a shot?

Khal Drogo's Mighty Thighs

Thanks man, that's reall nice of you to say! I do have acting experience, more than Maisie Williams (Arya), Sophie Turner (Sansa), or Isaac Hempstead-Wright (Bran) did when they auditioned, so I hope I actually have a (small) chance. Worth trying isn't it? Thanks for the encouragement, was really nice of you- did I mention that already? :)

If you're worried about lack of acting experience then keep in mind that you've probably got like one or two years before they cast Quentyn, which should give you time to get some more. I think the main focus for GoT casting is the audition tape and if you can get across the passion for the character that you clearly have then I think you're in with a good shot. Good luck.

If you're worried about lack of acting experience then keep in mind that you've probably got like one or two years before they cast Quentyn, which should give you time to get some more. I think the main focus for GoT casting is the audition tape and if you can get across the passion for the character that you clearly have then I think you're in with a good shot. Good luck.

Thanks a lot man, this is really good for my confidence. I just need to get as much experience as I can to add to what I already have in the resume, and work on delivering Quentyn's character. Thanks again, do you think I look the part by the way? You don't think they'd want someone lighter or older or something?

Thanks a lot man, this is really good for my confidence. I just need to get as much experience as I can to add to what I already have in the resume, and work on delivering Quentyn's character. Thanks again, do you think I look the part by the way? You don't think they'd want someone lighter or older or something?

Depends what they want to do with the Martells in terms of looks. We'll probably get Oberyn around this time next year so that'd give you a decent idea of what kind of look they're going for with the Martells, ethnicity wise.

As for my own personal image of Quentyn, you're probably slightly too good looking but that doesn't really matter since they clearly value acting ability over looking exactly like the character as described. Ethnicity and age are about right. They may want to go slightly older since they've aged everyone else up but I think a youngish Quentyn will add to the whole 'out of his depth' aspect of the character.

Depends what they want to do with the Martells in terms of looks. We'll probably get Oberyn around this time next year so that'd give you a decent idea of what kind of look they're going for with the Martells, ethnicity wise.

As for my own personal image of Quentyn, you're probably slightly too good looking but that doesn't really matter since they clearly value acting ability over looking exactly like the character as described. Ethnicity and age are about right. They may want to go slightly older since they've aged everyone else up but I think a youngish Quentyn will add to the whole 'out of his depth' aspect of the character.

WOW thanks, I'm all embarrassed now, you think I might be too good looking? I didn't think that would ever be the problem ha..

I thought the same, that they might want to emphasize the fact that he is just so hopelessly out of his depth (he's mocked by Daario for being just a boy, not a man) in trying to court Daenerys. You're right, we'll have to wait and see how they cast Oberyn ethnicity-wise.. damn.

They're not that bothered by ethnicity as far as I can tell. Appart from the Targ look and Sansa and Ygritte's red hair I can't think of another character that is as they are in books. And if they want to give Quentyn a Dornish look, you're all right there too.

They're not that bothered by ethnicity as far as I can tell. Appart from the Targ look and Sansa and Ygritte's red hair I can't think of another character that is as they are in books. And if they want to give Quentyn a Dornish look, you're all right there too.

Haha ok, so no horrifically negative opinions so far then :) I hope they do go for a dornish look for the Martells- there aren't really another parts I could play so far, and Quentyn's such an intriguing part. It would be difficult to pull off such a complex character though. Determination and resolve combined with an intrinsic lack of confidence and self-esteem, and seemingly possessed by a fierce desire to make his father proud and prove himself a man at any cost and just be loved... really tricky stuff. With regards to the part's physicality, is Quentyn meant to be a bad-looking guy?

I never really saw him as a bad-looking man, no. I've always pictured him... Hm dunno, boy next door. He's not dashing, and he isn't Dany's cup of tea - and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, mind you. So, yeah, that's kind of how I see him.

Oh, as I said, anyone reading this- please, it would really help me if you posted your thoughts. Not only does it help me in my decision to go for it or not etc. but it also keeps this topic high up in the newsfeed if you post, which makes it easier for other people to post their thoughts and help me out. Thank you, sorry to be irritating. I'm pretty anxious about the whole thing and what people think.

I really like the photo, but maybe it would help if it was in colour, and not sepia? Just in case they want to see the skin tone, if they are going to go that direction with the Martells.

Also, you said in your resume that you can speak in several accents, right? The Dornish kinda have a distinctive "drawl", so maybe practice that :)

I really like the photo, but maybe it would help if it was in colour, and not sepia? Just in case they want to see the skin tone, if they are going to go that direction with the Martells.

Also, you said in your resume that you can speak in several accents, right? The Dornish kinda have a distinctive "drawl", so maybe practice that :)

You like the photo? Thanks! Do you think it fits Quentyn's role?

I'm working on getting a coloured photo, I should have one soon :) A distinctive drawl huh? Um. Can you draw a comparison with any world accents? Thanks a lot by the way

You like the photo? Thanks! Do you think it fits Quentyn's role?

I'm working on getting a coloured photo, I should have one soon :) A distinctive drawl huh? Um. Can you draw a comparison with any world accents? Thanks a lot by the way

Yeah, I think it fits :) and you're the right age and everything. Quentyn isn't ugly, in fact his whole family is good-looking so it makes sense that he'd have a pretty face. He's not a "heartthrob" because he's so serious all the time and never smiles.

Hm, as for the drawl, I don't know about other posters, but for some reason I always imagined it would be something like the way James Lance talks in No Heroics. Have you seen that show?

Kind of like a Spanish accent - but be careful not to overdo it.

I am damn interested too in landing the role of Quentyn, and having some acting experience, I guess I will, one of these days, try to make a "casting video" playing some scenes of him from the books...

Archived