Resume for role of Quentyn Martell- Anyone think I have a shot?

Khal Drogo's Mighty Thighs

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, I'm an actor, too - only I'm ten years older than you, and been doing this for ten years! It's a tough industry, so best of luck with it first of all. If you need any advice, feel free to give me a shout. You can see my acting website at www.jaysutherland.com.

I have no idea whether they'll be looking for a young guy for the role of Quentyn. If it's anything like the rest of the show, they'll age the character up, which would give me a shot at the role. But I actually feel it would work better if they kept this character as a 16-21 year old guy, as it will help show the character's vulnerability and how out of his depth he is.

For what it's worth I think you physically look right for the role, but your acting will be a huge contributing factor to this.

I've been trying to get an audition for this show for three years now and haven't even been through the doors, so just getting in there is half the battle.

Let me know how you get on.

Best of luck!

Jay

Hey man, I'm an actor, too - only I'm ten years older than you, and been doing this for ten years! It's a tough industry, so best of luck with it first of all. If you need any advice, feel free to give me a shout. You can see my acting website at www.jaysutherland.com.

I have no idea whether they'll be looking for a young guy for the role of Quentyn. If it's anything like the rest of the show, they'll age the character up, which would give me a shot at the role. But I actually feel it would work better if they kept this character as a 16-21 year old guy, as it will help show the character's vulnerability and how out of his depth he is.

For what it's worth I think you physically look right for the role, but your acting will be a huge contributing factor to this.

I've been trying to get an audition for this show for three years now and haven't even been through the doors, so just getting in there is half the battle.

Let me know how you get on.

Best of luck!

Jay

ohhh damn that sounds tough man. Thank you, best of luck to you too, sir

Definitely made me stop and think a bit haha.. scary stuff

Heh, I don't know if this is a compliment or not, but you might be too attractive for Quentyn! Though I suppose they do tend to cast prettier people for roles. But wow, with that list of skills I'd be surprised if you didn't get a part (any part!).

haha wow, that's really too nice of you to say. I'll take it as a compliment- thanks! Ah, that's great, which skills in particular would appeal to them do you think?

haha wow, that's really too nice of you to say. I'll take it as a compliment- thanks! Ah, that's great, which skills in particular would appeal to them do you think?

Well, the horse riding, archery and stage combat experience looks like it would be useful for a show like GoT. Even if not as Quentyn (though just because he didn't ride a horse/use a bow in the book, doesn't mean he wouldn't in the show), then as another part. The fact you can do different accents/languages would surely help too, seeing as the Martells/Dornish may not be English/British sounding. Not that I know much about acting, this is all just a laywoman's opinion. I think you have a good chance though. :)

I'm no casting director, but I like to think I know what is needed for a part. Personally, I think that it's essential to keep Quentyn young, as part of the appeal of the character is his out of place youthfulness. Now you've got, say, two years before Quentyn is cast. By that time you will be the perfect age, and will have gained more acting experience. The horse-riding etc. is vital for a show like this, and it will work in your favour that you can already do this.

The only criticism, which has been mentioned before is that you are too good looking. That said, this isn't a problem for a show like this when they can cast Iain Glen as Ser Jorah Mormont!

Based on your resumé, I would be delighted if you got the part. Hope to be watching you on my TV in a few years. For the love of the Old Gods and The New, I hope you get the part!

Best of luck and I hope you do apply for this role! :D

I'm sure you'd be good, you look the part.

On the other hand, I think Quentyn will be cut from the TV show. His arc pretty is pretty much unnecessary in the story and if you're looking for a bit of fat to trim from Feast and Dance then he's a prime candidate.

I respectfully disagree. First of all, why should they want to "trim the fat?" Not only have the producers shown that they are hardly disinclined to procrastinate and maintain a slow pace, but the tv series is rapidly gaining on the yet uncompleted book series. They're going to want to decelerate appropriately in response to this. Secondly, everyone loves a hero, especially a tragic hero. Quentyn fills the role of a doomed and pitiable character- way out of his depth and desperate. Furthermore, I think the show will want to introduce new characters to keep the show fresh, especially one so involved and popular as Quentyn.

Well, the horse riding, archery and stage combat experience looks like it would be useful for a show like GoT. Even if not as Quentyn (though just because he didn't ride a horse/use a bow in the book, doesn't mean he wouldn't in the show), then as another part. The fact you can do different accents/languages would surely help too, seeing as the Martells/Dornish may not be English/British sounding. Not that I know much about acting, this is all just a laywoman's opinion. I think you have a good chance though. :)

Thank you very much! Hmm what kind of accent did you imagine the Dornish having? You don't think they'll stick with the typical English then?

I'm no casting director, but I like to think I know what is needed for a part. Personally, I think that it's essential to keep Quentyn young, as part of the appeal of the character is his out of place youthfulness. Now you've got, say, two years before Quentyn is cast. By that time you will be the perfect age, and will have gained more acting experience. The horse-riding etc. is vital for a show like this, and it will work in your favour that you can already do this.

The only criticism, which has been mentioned before is that you are too good looking. That said, this isn't a problem for a show like this when they can cast Iain Glen as Ser Jorah Mormont!

Based on your resumé, I would be delighted if you got the part. Hope to be watching you on my TV in a few years. For the love of the Old Gods and The New, I hope you get the part!

Best of luck and I hope you do apply for this role! :D

Thank you! That's very kind of you to say. Naturally, it is easy to be skeptical about my hopes, and I fully understand my limited chances and am aware of them. Still, your encouraging words are nothing but, well, encouraging! Do you think the horse-riding is a big deal? I'm sure they just give a bit of rudimentary training and some stunt doubles for those actors that can't do it already. I'm also very embarrassed about the compliments to my appearance, which I hope won't hinder my chances too severely? I agree with the Iain Glen thing by the way haha.

Thank you very much! Hmm what kind of accent did you imagine the Dornish having? You don't think they'll stick with the typical English then?

They might stick with English, with them being on the same continent, but at the same time they might pick something different to emphasise that the Dornish are their own nation and have their own culture.

I don't have a specific accent I see them having (everyone sounds English when I read in my head, lol), but from their description perhaps something Asian (Indian, Pakistani, etc). Or maybe Northern African, European (French, Spanish, Greek, etc), Arabic. It could be anything, really! But if you're already multi-lingual and can do other accents, then there's a good chance you could learn to do one you don't do at the moment.

Archived