Resume for role of Quentyn Martell- Anyone think I have a shot?

Khal Drogo's Mighty Thighs

They might stick with English, with them being on the same continent, but at the same time they might pick something different to emphasise that the Dornish are their own nation and have their own culture.

I don't have a specific accent I see them having (everyone sounds English when I read in my head, lol), but from their description perhaps something Asian (Indian, Pakistani, etc). Or maybe Northern African, European (French, Spanish, Greek, etc), Arabic. It could be anything, really! But if you're already multi-lingual and can do other accents, then there's a good chance you could learn to do one you don't do at the moment.

haha that would be perfect actually, considering I'm half English and a quarter Pakistani. Arabic and Indian accents come easily what with my having been surrounded by many family members who speak the same way. Do you picture the Dornish as an Arab-esque people? Tyrion describes the various ethnic traits of the Dornish at some point if I recall correctly..

I respectfully disagree. First of all, why should they want to "trim the fat?" Not only have the producers shown that they are hardly disinclined to procrastinate and maintain a slow pace, but the tv series is rapidly gaining on the yet uncompleted book series. They're going to want to decelerate appropriately in response to this. Secondly, everyone loves a hero, especially a tragic hero. Quentyn fills the role of a doomed and pitiable character- way out of his depth and desperate. Furthermore, I think the show will want to introduce new characters to keep the show fresh, especially one so involved and popular as Quentyn.

Yeah, I agree they'll want to introduce a few new characters but they won't be short on those, and most will have arcs that are more interesting and longer than Quentyn's (e.g. Arianne, Doran, Wyman Manderley, Marwyn, Moqorro, Victarion, Euron, Jon Connington, "Aegon" etc, etc). The thing about Quentyn is he goes on a bit of a journey with few exciting incidents and then dies. His only possible effect on the story is if this turns Doran away from Dany and towards "Aegon". If so, they can still trim the role to a couple of scenes - look at what they did to Davos in season two...

Yeah, I agree they'll want to introduce a few new characters but they won't be short on those, and most will have arcs that are more interesting and longer than Quentyn's (e.g. Arianne, Doran, Wyman Manderley, Marwyn, Moqorro, Victarion, Euron, Jon Connington, "Aegon" etc, etc). The thing about Quentyn is he goes on a bit of a journey with few exciting incidents and then dies. His only possible effect on the story is if this turns Doran away from Dany and towards "Aegon". If so, they can still trim the role to a couple of scenes - look at what they did to Davos in season two...

I suppose that Quentyn's storyline, as with the storyline of any character, could subjectively be deemed interesting or uninteresting by anyone. Personally, I find him to be one of the more interesting characters introduced in ADWD and I feel that it would be a tremendous shame if the show chose not to exploit so brilliant a character. Plus, in ignoring his character the show would hugely disappoint both Quentyn's fans, and those fans of the book series that wouldn't appreciate any major deviations from the original plot. I think we will have our Quentyn Martell, one way or the other.

Guys, as I said earlier in the topic, if you could just post any thoughts you had regarding this topic, as doing so keeps this topic fresh in the newsfeed and allows others to see it too and voice their own opinions. It just furthers the cause. Thanks a lot to those of you who've shown me support so far!

I’m a huge fan of the books and the HBO Tv Series. I’ve always dreamed of acting professionally, so, naturally, I dreamed of how wonderful it would be to act amongst the other child actors of Game of Thrones. As I read the series, I found the young character of Quentyn Martell to be absolutely fascinating. I was gripped by his story arch, to the extent that I even reread his chapters a few times after reading them, and extensively studied his character. He’s a young boy of 17 (as I am), he has black hair, brown eyes, is tanned from his desert home, and is short and stocky for his age (also as I am). I suit the physical description of Quentyn, unless the show's directors want something different in the actor.

I can empathise with Quentyn. I’ve always tried to do my father proud, to gain his respect, make him see my worth. I’ve also always been small for age, and I read a great deal. Quentyn is a boy, trying to impress warlords, queens, warriors, and dragons. He is one of my favourite characters, and I would be honoured to play him. Does anyone think that I could? Naturally, I’ve chosen to remain anonymous, as I fear ridicule, and that I might not be worthy of what I strive for.... Much as Quentyn Martell felt. Just sayin’.

I have an agent in London who’s in touch with all the HBO auditions and procedures etc. If anyone thinks I don’t have a chance, then that’s fine, and I understand. I know it’s a fiercely competitive business, and, perhaps, there will always be someone better suited for the part. I just wanted an objective opinion on this, and the people on this forum seemed like they were the best people to go to for that, what with their dedication to the series and the fact that many of them appreciate the show in a critical aspect and enjoy the acting especially. Does anyone think I might ever have any chance? Please, be constructive. Thank you, here is a link for my resume, including a picture of me-

https://docs.google....VLLC-ehP-A/edit

I sincerely hope that you become part of this saga :)

Do try your best for auditions , Good Luck .... Bon Chance :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think that Quentyn will appear in S5 or 6 and seeing as Game of thrones gets bigger and bigger each year with more people watching. They will most likely cast a large name for Quentyn. I have never seen you act. I don't know if you are good or not. But I'd say that if HBO can cast a big name. They will. Also a role like that, thousands will audition. 600 girls auditioned for shireen. Good Luck if you decide to audition.

If you're a decent actor I think you'd have a decent shot at getting the role. You do look similar to how I'd imagine him, although not quite ugly enough. Then again, I can still see Dany rejecting you in the tv show after having experienced the raw masculine power of Khal Drogo's mighty thighs.

...see what I did there? :P

But seriously, go for it! But get as much acting experience as you can before then, obviously. And don't put all your eggs in one basket.

• 1 month later...

I think you are more good-looking than how Quentyn is described in the books (he is described as fairly plain). In addition to that, I'm getting a Joffrey-esque vibe from your picture (with the slightly sinister smirk), while I see Quentyn as dutiful, obedient, and mostly average, but that might just be the picture though.

Have you read the books? I suggest you do and pay close attention to Quentyn, Dany & Ser Barristan's POVs since they have interactions with the character you want to play.

I wish you luck and I hope you get cast! It would be really awesome to have someone in the forums get cast as an actor. Sort of like a dream come true if you're an avid ASOIAF fan like the most of us. :smoking:

If you're a decent actor I think you'd have a decent shot at getting the role. You do look similar to how I'd imagine him, although not quite ugly enough. Then again, I can still see Dany rejecting you in the tv show after having experienced the raw masculine power of Khal Drogo's mighty thighs.

...see what I did there? :P

But seriously, go for it! But get as much acting experience as you can before then, obviously. And don't put all your eggs in one basket.

i DID see what you did there. I chuckled.

I think you are more good-looking than how Quentyn is described in the books (he is described as fairly plain). In addition to that, I'm getting a Joffrey-esque vibe from your picture (with the slightly sinister smirk), while I see Quentyn as dutiful, obedient, and mostly average, but that might just be the picture though.

Have you read the books? I suggest you do and pay close attention to Quentyn, Dany & Ser Barristan's POVs since they have interactions with the character you want to play.

I wish you luck and I hope you get cast! It would be really awesome to have someone in the forums get cast as an actor. Sort of like a dream come true if you're an avid ASOIAF fan like the most of us. :smoking:

Wow, thank you very much, but you think I have a sinister smirk? I'm like, the least sinister guy you shall ever have the fortune cybernetically to encounter. Joffrey? JOFFREY?

Of course I've read the books, they're terrific!

Most people who ask the internet whether they have a shot at a role in a big series.... don't. But judging from the resume and photo, you seem to be one of the few who do. Wish you luck for the next few years! Hopefully you can get bigger projects to make your resume even more attractive.

Most people who ask the internet whether they have a shot at a role in a big series.... don't. But judging from the resume and photo, you seem to be one of the few who do. Wish you luck for the next few years! Hopefully you can get bigger projects to make your resume even more attractive.

That's really lovely of you to say, thank you. I will definitely try

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't Quentyn all insecure about what people think of him? He wants to prove himself to his father and doesn't want to let him down, he gets all angry at Daario when he calls him "just a boy", he gets all angry and sad at Daenerys for rejecting him, he's overshadowed by his better-looking and bigger companion (Ser Gerold), and ultimately he tries to prove himself to others so much that he tries to be a hero and steal the dragons and ends up dying. I'd say the character, although sombre and quiet, is defined by his insecurity? Alright, I'm sorry if I too have been a bit insecure. Quentyn is not a confident guy. That's why it's such a hard thing for him to stand up to the dragons, and he ends up losing his cool.

Yeah he basically ditched the plan of going back to Dorne and instead tried to take the dragons because he didn't want to be known as a failure.

That's really lovely of you to say, thank you. I will definitely try

Like other people said the position for Quentyn won't be up for some years but it never hurts to contact the people from the show, if your really serious about being Quentyn, get really familiar with him but don't feel let down if you don't get the part :)

• 1 month later...

I definitely will! I already think our personalities are possibly quite comparable in many respects but I'll absolutely research the various intricacies of his character and its gradual development, thanks for the advice. Yeah, I know the part won't even be available for a couple of eyars but still, it's good to accumulate some support and enthuse yourself, y'know what I'm sayin'?

Archived