Theory about the Targaryens?

rygar

In my opinion, Dany would be looked at as a conqueror and tyrant if she comes to Westeros with Vicarian (if he survives) and Dothraki (who are known for their savagery and pillaging). The bottom line is she might be coming to Westeros with at least one group of bad reputation and a foreign army.

I don't see how anyone would welcome Dany with an army of Ironborn and Dothraki. Both known for their violence, pillaging, and raping. I have a bad feeling that the "bittersweet" ending will be Dany eventually winning the Iron Throne but in the process destroys what is left of Westeros, killing many innocents along the way. Her vision in the television series may support that idea.

I agree, the people of Westeros will not accept them.

I don't think the Dothraki and Unsullied will lbe so invincible in winter either. The troops from Essos are not exactly a quality occupying force either, the Westerosi know the land and terrain better, know how to fight and survive, especially the northmen.

There is also the matter of the Others, who will likely kill most of them off in the final battles.

I don't think the full of Essos has been mapped out, but from what I understand it is much larger than Westeros. ADWD went into great detail about the difficulty the southern horses were having in the winter snows. I don't think the Dothraki have much experience with snows, nor would there be enough food to get them through such a long journey.

I'm still not sold on Aegon being legit. I think many people are being fooled by Varys and Illyrio, Connington included.

But, I do like your thoughts on Dany going north in Westeros first. Call it a gut suspicion, but I think her and her army will head to Pentos before going over to Westeros. Illyrio will have some answering to do about why he has been hiding Aegon from Dany for so long. With Tyrion at her side, Dany will have cause to investigate, plus the Tattered Prince already wants Pentos anyhow.

So heres what I see happening: Aegon continues his fight in southern Westeros. Dany and her army (quite a large army by now if you consider all her sellswords, unsullied, dothraki, and dragon(s) ) go to Pentos and then drop by White Harbor. Why there? A stop by Pentos, then possibly a pit-stop at Bravos, and westward to WH. Something will lead her there, perhaps she hears about the northern need for help and decides the best way to win Westeros is by being a hero. Maybe the Dark Flame will guide her with his fires. He clearly seems to have need of her and The Other is on the march.

I don't think the full of Essos has been mapped out, but from what I understand it is much larger than Westeros. ADWD went into great detail about the difficulty the southern horses were having in the winter snows. I don't think the Dothraki have much experience with snows, nor would there be enough food to get them through such a long journey.

I'm still not sold on Aegon being legit. I think many people are being fooled by Varys and Illyrio, Connington included.

But, I do like your thoughts on Dany going north in Westeros first. Call it a gut suspicion, but I think her and her army will head to Pentos before going over to Westeros. Illyrio will have some answering to do about why he has been hiding Aegon from Dany for so long. With Tyrion at her side, Dany will have cause to investigate, plus the Tattered Prince already wants Pentos anyhow.

So heres what I see happening: Aegon continues his fight in southern Westeros. Dany and her army (quite a large army by now if you consider all her sellswords, unsullied, dothraki, and dragon(s) ) go to Pentos and then drop by White Harbor. Why there? A stop by Pentos, then possibly a pit-stop at Bravos, and westward to WH. Something will lead her there, perhaps she hears about the northern need for help and decides the best way to win Westeros is by being a hero. Maybe the Dark Flame will guide her with his fires. He clearly seems to have need of her and The Other is on the march.

I'm largely in agreement with you on this, I'd only add that she will capture Volantis and maybe even some others. The reason I would love to see Dany go to the North is so Jorah Mormont could meet Sam after Sam discovers something about the others and heads back to the wall. Then Jorah could redeem himself and join the nights watch.

What I see going down with the volantis fleet which I think number in between 300-500 is Victarion's fleet will destroy the Yunkaii and the quartheen ships (while taking as many for his own fleet) but just when they have the bay secured, that's when the volantene fleet will make its appearance. all the characters including Tyrion,Vic,Barristan, and Jorah will be like "oh shit...what do we do now" and that's when they hear a huge roar and In comes Dany riding Drogon and begins burning all the volantene fleet when Rhaegal and Viserion hear their brothers call and their mothers scent they will join. It will be known as the "seas of fire". Now I don't know how to fit in that dastardly dragon horn but I feel Euron has I die for anyone else to make use of it.

I'm largely in agreement with you on this, I'd only add that she will capture Volantis and maybe even some others. The reason I would love to see Dany go to the North is so Jorah Mormont could meet Sam after Sam discovers something about the others and heads back to the wall. Then Jorah could redeem himself and join the nights watch.

That is something that I had not considered before...

Additionally, Jorah could simply have his crimes forgiven if he goes north.

No, they are all villians to some extent. The closest thing to a good guy in this series got his head chopped off in the Sept of Balor.

Hahaha, I was half-kidding, but you're right. Simply meant that there's no way Dany can be the villain of the story.

I agree, the people of Westeros will not accept them.

I don't think the Dothraki and Unsullied will lbe so invincible in winter either. The troops from Essos are not exactly a quality occupying force either, the Westerosi know the land and terrain better, know how to fight and survive, especially the northmen.

There is also the matter of the Others, who will likely kill most of them off in the final battles.

She's got dragons??? at least one, anyway... and I'd agree that the Westerosis wouldn't welcome her if the people actually had a say in the 'game of thrones'.

As of right now, if Dany showed up with a foreign army and one or more dragons and waged another war, she would not be accepted. I keep thinking back to what Jorah told her in Game of Thrones. I don't have the exact quote in front of me right now. But he was basically telling her that the common people of Westeros aren't concerned with the family name that's in charge of the Iron Throne. They want long summers, good harvests, and peace.

As of right now, I think it's safe to say that the "good" guys are trying to get a Stark back in Winterfell to have has their leader. The BWB are trying to eliminate Freys in the river lands. Stannis is trying to set things right in the North. Other than that, the war is pretty much over. Dany showing up right now would set things into even more chaos. Like Jorah said, people aren't sitting around, waiting to bust out their Targaryen flags. They just want an end to the madness that was the war of the five kings.

But...let's say the Others make it past the wall and Dany's dragons are the only thing that can save Westeros. Then I would approve her going to Westeros, presuming she has enough sense to set things right after destroying the Others.

Or...Dany comes over and doesn't immediately start attacking the armies of Westeros. I would support her coming to Westeros and using the power of her army and dragons to treat with leaders of Westeros and then allowing the different areas to rule themselves as they did before Aegon I conquered the kingdoms. But that's a ridiculous idea. It's not like she's going to show up at Winterfell and kill Boltons and then put a Stark back in charge. All signs point to her coming back to Westeros to conquer and rule since she was born a Targaryen, even though she has never set foot on any land in Westeros.

All we hear from her is "fire & blood blah blah blah." She hates the Baratheons and Starks but nobody will tell her how insane her father was or how Rhaegar started Robert's Rebellion. To top that off, she's coming with Dothraki and Ironborn as the way things look right now. How else are we supposed to think she will behave if/when she reaches Westeros.

• 9 months later...

• the dothraki have a fear of the sea. she may well get them to help her get to the sea but I don't think they will cross it. The dothraki can't cross the ice as proved by Stannis and his march to Winterfell horses can't deal with all the cold. The horses of the Dothraki are desert animals the cold would get them fast. Her Unsullied can't march through the cold either. I just can't see that trek through the lands of Always Winter happening with Dany and her army.. I think Jon and/or Bran are the characters that are going to show us those lands.
  • . .

Hahaha, I was half-kidding, but you're right. Simply meant that there's no way Dany can be the villain of the story.

...Yes...Yes there is. *Cough* Fanboy *Cough*.

When a foreign ruler you've never heard of invades your country with a foreign army made of neutered-Emotionless-Murderbots (Let's face it, they are pretty inhuman, however "Free" they may be...), an army of warrior rapists whom only live to kill and ransack and to top it off the most hated culture in the continent as your only local allies who are currently at war with pretty much the whole continent to take the throne and put to death those who resisted your dad for being a psychopath...I think...I think you can be considered Evil. Or at least, not good. She's an idiot who doesn't know what happened to her family and everyone is too scared to tell her the truth.

There are many ways she can be the villain. As equal, if not a better chance, than say Stannis.

Also, she's actively against every "Good family", Freys and Boltons, she'd probably keep them in power. She wouldn't put either the Starks or Tullys back in power, Lannisters should watch their backs and so should the Arryns.

So two buddies and I were reading this booking at the sametime and have recently conducted our opinion exchange and predictions. We had a theory on what might happen in TWoW.

Aegon - The prince continues his purge of middle westeros with the help of the mighty griffin.

Dany - becomes the new Khalasi of Jhoqo khalasar as they saw her fly with dragons and they fear them extremely. Barristan and his troop defend against the Yunkai'i and when they need it the most Dany and her 20000 dothraki soldiers arrive like the white wizard and the rohirrim from the north and the help of victarion from they bay.

They will destroy their enemies in meereen along and build a kind of alliance.

Tyrion - as a sellsword he will find his way to Dany and build some kind of a truce that will allow for the great return to westeros.

Here is my theory - the phophet had told dany that she must go east to go west and so forth, so what if she takes her dothraki army and marches east and north to the winter zone on essos and marches across the frozen land to the land of always winter on westeros and marches down past the wall.

at the same time the iron men take the remainder of her army to meet with dorne/aegon and start their march north and they meet in the middle and just annihalate everything and take the crown?

That's a walk of tens of thousands of miles through the frozen sea. No army could survive that.

Smartest thing Dany would do is send Dothraki mostly against the Others and Ironborn mostly to Naval warfare collecting up some targets or moving armies around. Takes both of them out of the equation for her rule. And I dont like this theory Westeros wont like her. She will likely have the North, Riverlands, and Vale on her side because of Jon. Everyone hates the Lannisters, so that doesnt matter. All comes down to whether she can keep her dragons under control.

Smartest thing Dany would do is send Dothraki mostly against the Others and Ironborn mostly to Naval warfare collecting up some targets or moving armies around. Takes both of them out of the equation for her rule. And I dont like this theory Westeros wont like her. She will likely have the North, Riverlands, and Vale on her side because of Jon. Everyone hates the Lannisters, so that doesnt matter. All comes down to whether she can keep her dragons under control.

She's coming to Westeros with a army of Dothraki rapists, slave eunuchs and pillagers. Not to mention a kingslaying/kinslaying hated dwarf to lend her council. There's no way in seven hells she'll have a smooth entrance.

The Others would chew up the Dothraki

If Jon bends the knee to Dany I will be truly pissed off. Id rather see some Lightbringer in Danys gut.

It's true that Dany cant win the weterosi with eastern butchers and western exiles. Conquer, perhaps. But not win. But she and Jon and her (their?) Dragons will be what saves westeros from the white walkers. It may be that Dany's battle for the seven kingdoms wont be with their great houses at all, but with their true enemy, winter. Dany will win the love of the people, like she did with her dothraki and her unsullied and her freedmen. And i dont see jon bending the knee for dany or vice versa. I think they are both smart enough to tell that the other could bea useful friend. I think, by the time she finally gets to weteros, winter will be in full swing and all the fighting will have stopped every where but the wall. So that is where she will go. And that is where she and her ragtag bunch of slaves and sellswords, and jon and his merry band of criminals and wildlings will save all the SK. This will unite them and they can pick up the pieces of the broken houses after the war is done. Also, i think that tyrion will not be afraid to tell danerys the truth of her father and the circumstances that led to his death. And i think jon may be able to help bring her around too. By the end, i dont believe her current disposition towards the other houses will affect her decisions about who to put in charge of their lands when the great war is ended.

It's true that Dany cant win the weterosi with eastern butchers and western exiles. Conquer, perhaps. But not win. But she and Jon and her (their?) Dragons will be what saves westeros from the white walkers. It may be that Dany's battle for the seven kingdoms wont be with their great houses at all, but with their true enemy, winter. Dany will win the love of the people, like she did with her dothraki and her unsullied and her freedmen. And i dont see jon bending the knee for dany or vice versa. I think they are both smart enough to tell that the other could bea useful friend. I think, by the time she finally gets to weteros, winter will be in full swing and all the fighting will have stopped every where but the wall. So that is where she will go. And that is where she and her ragtag bunch of slaves and sellswords, and jon and his merry band of criminals and wildlings will save all the SK. This will unite them and they can pick up the pieces of the broken houses after the war is done. Also, i think that tyrion will not be afraid to tell danerys the truth of her father and the circumstances that led to his death. And i think jon may be able to help bring her around too. By the end, i dont believe her current disposition towards the other houses will affect her decisions about who to put in charge of their lands when the great war is ended.

na, DANY MUST DIE SCREAMING!!!!

If Dany becomes an Ally of the iron born and brings more Dothraki to her side, there can be no doubt that this bitch is the villain of the story. the only people I hate more than the Dothraki are the ironborn and the Lannisters. Barristan's reaction to what happens, if he lives (which I doubt) will be revealing.

I don't want to be "that guy" but it would be great if we could not casually refer to female characters as bitch.

I don't want to be "that guy" but it would be great if we could not casually refer to female characters as bitch.

+1 :agree:

I recognize that a lot of hardcore readers dislike Dany, but let's watch the language. 'Bitch' is a slur - I felt uncomfortable reading that post, and not just because of my sympathy for the character.

Archived