Casting Mace Tyrell

Kaukolainen

• 5 months later...

Garlan Tyrell has not yet made an appearance in the books. And Henry Cavill is a big star right now in films, playing Superman in Man of Steel

Are you specking as of aSoS he has not made an approach in the books or in the series as a whole?

Garlan Tyrell has not yet made an appearance in the books. And Henry Cavill is a big star right now in films, playing Superman in Man of Steel

Garlan has appeared in Clash in Storm and in Feast. Also lately I think that Henry Cavill is Brandon the wild wolf Stark and that Theo James is a great Garlan.

John Rhys Davies as Mace Tyrrell.

He is almost 70 that would make him five whole years younger than his mom Olenna. Not the most ridiculous fancats I have seen though, somone on wic actually suggested someone over 80 for the role. Mace is supposed to be in his mid-forties in the books, so I'll grant you up to mid fifties for the show, but beyond that is just stupid.

• 1 month later...

I always imagine Gerard Depardieu as Mace when reading the books...Oddly. :D

He's probably more suited to Wyman Manderley these days. Plus, is he able to suppress his French accent? It wouldn't really fit with all the others.

I agree with Stephen Fry, just because it would make the role interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hugh Bonneville would, seriously, be perfect for Mace Tyrell. It won't happen since he's already on Downton Abbey, though, unless it's on a guest star basis and there are no contract restrictions. Or maybe his more famous doppelganger Colin Firth isn't doing anything right now? :)

Stephen Fry isn't bad, actually. I'd love to see how he might play the role.

• 3 months later...

Archived