Which Game of thrones character do you have a crush on and why?

Viserys's Queen

I think it depends. At one point Ned tells Robert that he didn't know Lyanna as he did and only saw her beauty. I'm skeptical of how well they knew each other.

I think the bride and groom are usually acquaintances beforehand or they may be strangers like the two Targaryen marriages that Doran wanted but fell through.

If I was in the setting I'd be overjoyed to not know who I was going to marry only see the male perfection that is Gerris. I would have Cat's same reaction to thinking that I was going to marry Brandon only to get Ned. I think Cat and Ned's personalities match better though. I don't think Cat would be good with Brandon.

Actually, from what I understand, the bride and groom spend a reasonable amount of time betrothed during which they get to know each other-notice Cat/Brandon, Mycella/Arianne's little brother, Sansa/Joffery and so on. Lyanna knew Robert well before they could've been married as well.

Of course, this doesn't apply to emergency weddings like Ned/Cat, Lysa/Jon, Robert/Cersei or forced marriages like Sansa/Tyrion, Ramsay/LadyHornwood.

Mercy, I just realised that Ned'd have gone through the bedding ritual-there's an awkward image for you.

The betrothed may be introduced before the wedding, but there doesn't seem to be an active courtship. You know, compliments, bringing flowers, chatting up, love letters, gifts, stuff that would make your future partner think you give a damn. Look at the tournament at Harrenhal: Robert was getting shitfaced while Rhaegar was looking for his girl, no doubt with harp in hand. And we all know how that betrothal turned out.

I think it depends. At one point Ned tells Robert that he didn't know Lyanna as he did and only saw her beauty. I'm skeptical of how well they knew each other.

I think the bride and groom are usually acquaintances beforehand or they may be strangers like the two Targaryen marriages that Doran wanted but fell through.

If I was in the setting I'd be overjoyed to not know who I was going to marry only see the male perfection that is Gerris. I would have Cat's same reaction to thinking that I was going to marry Brandon only to get Ned. I think Cat and Ned's personalities match better though. I don't think Cat would be good with Brandon.

What were the two Targ marriages?

Granted, this could be slated more on Robert's stupidity than on any lack of interaction.

Yeah, Cat spent her entire marriage bent out of shape from Ned's alleged infidelity which supposedly occurred when Ned barely knew cat and was miles away fighting a war. Imagine if she was married to Brandon, who I doubt would be faithful during his marriage. Her head would explode.

Yeah, Cat spent her entire marriage bent out of shape from Ned's alleged infidelity which supposedly occurred when Ned barely knew cat and was miles away fighting a war. Imagine if she was married to Brandon, who I doubt would be faithful during his marriage. Her head would explode.

Or Brandon could find himself having an unfortunate accident next time he went hunting.

Cat's issue was not Jon's existence but his presence, so as long as Brandon didn't bring the by-blows home, she probably wouldn't mind.

Cat said that she liked Brandon's personality more but to me Cat can be just as uptight as Ned is. I think they match well.

But ladies no one for Littlefinger?

He is short so no.

No on the Littlefinger. Though Lysa seemed to get on with him well enough. She liked sex with him but that's coming from a crazy person. He just seems like he would ask you to do some really strange things in bed. I'm not talking the once in a while hey lets try the back door stuff, more like something involving baby chickens, a thimble of absinthe, bacon grease, a smiths hammer, some water chestnuts, and a pony.

No on the Littlefinger. Though Lysa seemed to get on with him well enough. She liked sex with him but that's coming from a crazy person. He just seems like he would ask you to do some really strange things in bed. I'm not talking the once in a while hey lets try the back door stuff, more like something involving baby chickens, a thimble of absinthe, bacon grease, a smiths hammer, some water chestnuts, and a pony.

Epic comment is epic!

And Friendzoning Littlefinger might not have bee nthe greatest idea i nthe history of westeros.

He dosen't take rejection well apparently....

I wonder if people aren't mentioning Septa Lemore more often because they think they have it covered once they talk about Ashara Dayne? :)

Also, whoever mentioned Rhaenys - I get now that you mean one of Aegon's original 2 queens, but as someone who isn't too up on Targaryan history, only the ones that were around during Rhaegar's time, at first I was like WHAT?

And Friendzoning Littlefinger might not have bee nthe greatest idea i nthe history of westeros.

He dosen't take rejection well apparently....

Well he wouldn't be stupid enough to stand my dragons...

One thing about Rhaegar that I liked was that he crowned Lyanna in front of everyone. He did not care. The bad part was that his wife was there.

But I love how he did it right in front of Lyanna's fiance's face! So bold. It's like and what are you doing to do about it? Of course the answer to that question turned out to be fatal but still. I liked how he staked his claim in front of everybody.

It's horrible yet hilarious and hot to me simultaneously.

One thing about Rhaegar that I liked was that he crowned Lyanna in front of everyone. He did not care. The bad part was that his wife was there.

But I love how he did it right in front of Lyanna's fiance's face! So bold. It's like and what are you doing to do about it? Of course the answer to that question turned out to be fatal but still. I liked how he staked his claim in front of everybody.

It's horrible yet hilarious and hot to me simultaneously.

Proclaiming his love

Archived