What do the Starks say when its winter?

Saci Targaryen

` It's metaphorical. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Bran the Builder who came up with it.

Winter hadn't arrived since that time. But it's finally here. Now the Starks get to work at saving mankind.

The question is not what will the Starks say. It's what will the realm say?

Well... IF you want to be technical... now that Winter has finally came, there are no more Starks. (Or at least to 99.99% of the populations knowledge).

Jon would have been the only one that could have merit by saying the words... but then again, he's either a Bastard who has sworn Night's Watch vows, or a secret Targ offspring who's sworn Night's Watch vows.... oh, and may be dead...

All of the others are either dead... Like Eddard, Catelyn, Robb, & Bran/Rickon. (With the latter two being only absent, but still presumed dead to Westeros.) Or MIA and last seen alive before deathly events happened. Like Arya during her fathers arrest->beheading in aGot, and Sansa during the Battle of the Blackwater in aCok.

Is it coincidence that now that Winter has finally came no one is there to say "Winter is coming?"... I think not.

` It's metaphorical. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Bran the Builder who came up with it.

Winter hadn't arrived since that time. But it's finally here. Now the Starks get to work at saving mankind.

The question is not what will the Starks say. It's what will the realm say?

There have been several winters scince Bran the Builder, but no Long Night.

Archived