Would you name your children with an asoiaf name ?

Golden Lady

Renly and Benjen for boys. Arya, Alayne, Alys for girls. Maybe Joffrey (minus the evil traits), Gerold or Roslin. These have a good balance of other-wordlyness and normality to me. I imagine some names wouldn't work in real life even if they sound cool.

I love me some Jon and Jaime too. Simple but nice names.

Nymeria. Robert. Garlan.

I'm thinking of changing my surname to Baratheon. Seriously, next paycheck comes in, I'll take 100nucks to City Hall and do it. How many people have the surname Baratheon? "Mr. Baratheon, Mark Zuckerberg is on the line." "Tell him to call back later." "Very well Mr. Baratheon."

Nymeria. Robert. Garlan.

I'm thinking of changing my surname to Baratheon. Seriously, next paycheck comes in, I'll take 100nucks to City Hall and do it. How many people have the surname Baratheon? "Mr. Baratheon, Mark Zuckerberg is on the line." "Tell him to call back later." "Very well Mr. Baratheon."

Dude! Nice! Better than a tat! :cheers:

In Romania they are pretty normal: we have plenty of Aryas and Sansa means chance so its still up, Catelyn is similar to Catalina and even names like Daenerys and Viserys with ys in the end will be easy to pronounce

Well I already picked names for my children but there are really nice names in ASOIAF ,Arya is one of them. I red somewhere that names from these books became very popular when tv show started and Arya and Theon are names that were no1 names for children in the last year.

I like Catlyn,Arya,Eddard,Stannis...

Most of the ASOIAF names are taken from real-life or are variants of them. I can imagine using one or more.

There are girls named Arya in the real world which have nothing to do with ASOIAF. Not sure if there are Lyanna's, but there are Leanne's. Brienne is a name I've heard too, and Catelyn.

(Are there Sansa's ? Never heard of a real-life Sansa.)

Robert / Robb... Eddard (Edward), Edric ---> Eric, etc. Gregors and Sandors exist too.

If I was a jerk parent though, I could name the kid Reek, Grey Worm, or worse - Shitmouth.

Most of the ASOIAF names are taken from real-life or are variants of them. I can imagine using one or more.

There are girls named Arya in the real world which have nothing to do with ASOIAF. Not sure if there are Lyanna's, but there are Leanne's. Brienne is a name I've heard too, and Catelyn.

(Are there Sansa's ? Never heard of a real-life Sansa.)

Robert / Robb... Eddard (Edward), Edric ---> Eric, etc. Gregors and Sandors exist too.

Loads of Lyanna's in Romania, Lyanna is my middle name

Archived