Lannister or Tyrell?

Batman

I don't get it.. House Lannister rallied 40.000 men for the war, and a lot were sellswords and a Company.. But when Cat saw Renly's host marching on KL, Renly said it was 80.000 and there was 10.000 stayed in Highgarden with Lord Tyrell.. and Ser Cortnay held a strong garrison in Storm's End.. And because of Stannis- Renly situation, some Stormlords didn't declare for Renly.. But entire Reach but House Redwyne declared for Renly.. And I hardly think Arbor would rally less than 10.000.. So if we are talking about the entire Tyrell force, 80.000 of Renly, 10.000 of Mace, and let's say 10.000 of Lord Paxter Redwyne..Not counting the Ser Penrose's strength and coward Stormlords who didn'd call their bannermen at all.. I wouldn't say Renly had more than 20.000 StormSoldiers.. So House Tyrell (with Arbor force) could have 80.000 men.. House Lannister, no more than 40.000 with sellswords they gained with their huge gold reserves.. So, you do the math...

Note: Answer is Tyrell...

Well this is a tough question. But in terms of manpower, Tyrells. Money is fine and all, and it'll get you sellswords in a pinch, but the Tyrells simply can raise more men. Probably more 'loyal' men as well, compared to sellswords. Plus they have the advantage of having some powerful bannermen, like the Florents (or at least they used to), Hightowers and Tarlys.

In terms of absolute Machiavellian ruthlessness though...house Baelish!

The Lannisters are more entertaining but there's no good reason for anyone to actually want them in power or anywhere near it. I'm no fan of theirs either but the Tyrell's don't seem to be nearly as dangerous with power, they're a bit easier to like and they aren't half as ruthless so I'm going with them.

The Tyrells are easier to like, aren't half as ruthless and they seem to handle power ok so I'm going with them.

Cercei and Joff were as subtle as beserkers on a rampage. However Tyrells are pretty ruthless, perhaps more so because they're actually subtle and smart. I'd rate Olenna Redwyne the Queen of Thorns LF's + Varys' equals in terms of Machiavellian machinations.

Tyrell, of course. They never used mass rape as a weapon of war, at least.

Also, the Tyrells support their women, they are educated to be political players and not just wives. And the family members look out for each other. They don't think less of Willas because he is crippled, they are ok with Loras' sexuality, they want Margaery to have a non-abusive husband, they make sure Garlan (a second son) inherits something, etc.

Not to mention, they are much more sophisticated and have way better taste than the tacky Lannisters.

Archived