theories on what will happen to little king tommen.

lord mutton

Even if he believes Tommen is an abomination, he won't murder the child for that reason. He knows that Tommen had no choice in the identities and relationships of his parents to one another.

Stannis even entertained Mel's idea to burn Edric Storm alive on a stake, though only for a moment. Doubt he will have any qualms in executing a "abomination". Stannis also knows that as long as Tommen is allowed to live, Shireen's future will never be secure.

Stannis even entertained Mel's idea to burn Edric Storm alive on a stake, though only for a moment. Doubt he will have any qualms in executing a "abomination". Stannis also knows that as long as Tommen is allowed to live, Shireen's future will never be secure.

I think Stannis knows that "abomination" had no choice in the matter and wouldn't kill him. There's reason to believe Stannis never intended to burn Edric Storm, either. We've never seen Stannis advocating the murder of a child to secure a dynasty and there's no reason to assume he'd do so now. Chances are he'd make a hostage or a fosterling of Tommen after exposing him as a bastard.

I think Stannis knows that "abomination" had no choice in the matter and wouldn't kill him. There's reason to believe Stannis never intended to burn Edric Storm, either. We've never seen Stannis advocating the murder of a child to secure a dynasty and there's no reason to assume he'd do so now. Chances are he'd make a hostage or a fosterling of Tommen after exposing him as a bastard.

How will Stannis expose Tommen of being a bastard? It's not like they can go on Maury show.

Davos believes that Stannis would have ultimately succumbed to her wife's and priestess demands, that's why he had Edric smuggled in the darkness of the night.

How will Stannis expose Tommen of being a bastard? It's not like they can go on Maury show.

Davos believes that Stannis would have ultimately succumbed to her wife's and priestess demands, that's why he had Edric smuggled in the darkness of the night.

The same way that Eddard did and that Stannis already attempted. Edric could be an asset in making that case. It's pretty clear that a substantial portion of the populace already knows the truth anyway.

Stannis's behavior indicates that he was planning anything but sacrificing Edric. He took the boy into his home, gave him access to Shireen, and treated him like family. Edric looked as though he might be the only real friend Shireen had. He took part in Shireen's lessons too. I don't see Stannis hurting his daughter by giving her Edric and then snatching him away and burning him in a ritual. If I had to guess, I'd say he wanted Edric as proof of Cersei's treason and as a potential husband for Shireen. I don't think Davos's fears were well-founded.

The same way that Eddard did and that Stannis already attempted. Edric could be an asset in making that case. It's pretty clear that a substantial portion of the populace already knows the truth anyway.

You really believe showing records of unions between Baratheons and Lannisters is going to be enough proof? Just because the product of those unions had black hair and blue eyes, does not necessarily mean it will be always that way.

If Stannis thought that was enough proof, surely he would have used that argument already? The lords of Westeros rejected Stannis claim about Cersei's children because he had no proof. Simply providing a record of unions is not enough.

Stannis's behavior indicates that he was planning anything but sacrificing Edric. He took the boy into his home, gave him access to Shireen, and treated him like family. Edric looked as though he might be the only real friend Shireen had. He took part in Shireen's lessons too. I don't see Stannis hurting his daughter by giving her Edric and then snatching him away and burning him in a ritual. If I had to guess, I'd say he wanted Edric as proof of Cersei's treason and as a potential husband for Shireen. I don't think Davos's fears were well-founded.

Actually, he took Edric Storm because Melisandre ordered him to. That's the very reason he wanted Storm's End, he wanted the boy. However, Stannis later hesitated giving Melisandre the bastard, because her predictions came out wrong.

you know what ever usurper( if any ) takes the throne they will not let tommen simply go away with his mother( if she or jaime are still alive) in peace. what wwould happen?

1. gently smothered to death?

2. sent away as a ward or hostage or page?

3. put in a dungeon?

4. brutally murdered on the spot.

5. groomed to be a puppet king and become a tyrant or hero.

6. squire?

7. offered to the red god?

8. stay at court and have some "unfortunate" accident befall him?

i ersonally believe there will be no usurpers to be successful intaking the the iron throne. at least not in the next couple of books. i think tommen will rule for a while and come into his own. he wont be a joeffry, but will be a slightly efficient ruler. i do believe margary will be out of the picture and he will marry again.

9. Abdicate willingly. I also believe that the next invasion of King's Landing, no matter who leads it, will not fail.

Assuming Tommen doesn't make it to adulthood:

1. He could die (illness, a real accident, etc)

2. He could be killed

Assuming he doesn't end up dying but the books end with him still as a child:

1. His faction wins the war; he remains king

2. He abdicates and is allowed to retain Lordship of Casterly Rock

3. He is bastardized, renamed a Hill, and goes back to the Westerlands in the care (fostered) with the a legitimate Lannister (new Lord or Lady of Casterly Rock)

4. He is bastardized, renamed a Hill, and is fostered under someone who is a supporter of the new king

5. Exile

Assuming he doesn't die and is an adult at the end of the books:

1. Again Exile

2. He joins the Nights Watch (assuming it still exists)

3. He becomes a Maester

4. He becomes a member of the King(Queen?)sguard (assuming the king or ruler retains the office)

How in god's name is a CAT going to kill a 9 year old boy? And how ridiculously bad would that scene be?

You are right one cat can't do it. You need more cats, a lot of cats, or maybe rather a raven or a few hundred.... All right, I confess, I hope that at least one living person will be killed by a huge warged flock of birds. Though I can't imagine why Bran would want to kill Tommen.

I think if Lord Steffon had brothers, we would know by now. Since Aerion's and Daeron's children were passed over, I thought they would probably not count for the succession as well -- and I think they probably had no descendants, though this part of the Targ family tree is quite obscure (and shall remain so while Dunk & Egg stories are still being written). Baelor's issue died in the Spring, Aerys was childless, Rhaegel's children mad (and, methinks, out of the running just like Aerion's and Prince Daeron's). That takes us to Daeron II, who had no brothers, only a sister. And the line of that sister, a daughter of Aegon IV, is where the succession goes. If we go even further back I suppose the Plumms enter the line.

All moot, of course. The point is that even clear-cut succession cases can be complicated by political ambitions.

Just to play along, but it's not a certainty Doran has the claim based upon Maron Martell's marriage to Aegon IV's daughter, Daenerys: Doran is prince due to the Dornish laws of succession, which does not discriminate on reasons of gender. We do not have a direct family tree from Maron to Doran, but we do know that Dorne has had at least one female ruler since Maron, namely Doran's mother.

Archived