crackpot....Is aegon a faceless man?

Lord Liam DarkStark

Or at least partly. I was thinking can a baby's face be changed? Imagine the body of the baby princeling was said to be faceless. What if vary's stole the babes face and did a little facless magic and there you have it a newly faced platinum haired baby. Would it of grown to look like aegon. And rhaegar. I just thought it interesting. In varys' little riddle to tyrion about the sellsword king and priest. When he says who wins he says why no one. Power lies where men believe it lies.....I always had an ominous feeling aegon is a fiegned boy could this make him a faceless child raised to believe he was a displaced prince inherient to the iron throne of westeros....possibly...I thought varys was a faceless man when ned sees his changed face in a game of thrones. He doesn't recognize varys when he is the chief gaoler, and He feels the changed face.

Or at least partly. I was thinking can a baby's face be changed? Imagine the body of the baby princeling was said to be faceless. What if vary's stole the babes face and did a little facless magic and there you have it a newly faced platinum haired baby. Would it of grown to look like aegon. And rhaegar. I just thought it interesting. In varys' little riddle to tyrion about the sellsword king and priest. When he says who wins he says why no one. Power lies where men believe it lies.....I always had an ominous feeling aegon is a fiegned boy could this make him a faceless child raised to believe he was a displaced prince inherient to the iron throne of westeros....possibly...

I think it's very unlikely. IIRC Jaime says that "Aegon's" face/head was badly mutilated after being dashed against a wall, not that he didn't have a face or anything like that. Also, I think it takes years of training and preparation to become a FM. There would also be little reason for the FM to try to put someone on the Iron Throne, or for them to work with Varys.

Or at least partly. I was thinking can a baby's face be changed? Imagine the body of the baby princeling was said to be faceless. What if vary's stole the babes face and did a little facless magic and there you have it a newly faced platinum haired baby. Would it of grown to look like aegon. And rhaegar. I just thought it interesting. In varys' little riddle to tyrion about the sellsword king and priest. When he says who wins he says why no one. Power lies where men believe it lies.....I always had an ominous feeling aegon is a fiegned boy could this make him a faceless child raised to believe he was a displaced prince inherient to the iron throne of westeros....possibly...

No. I don't think it is feasible...but that’s not why I must shoot it down....it would also be lame.

Don't worry though i say lame infeasible things all the time.

Let's just settle this right now and conclude that everyone in the story is faceless man and a secret Targaryen

Ummm, how about no. I don't see why its such a ridiculous idea. Varys obviously uses mummers tricks and faceless tactics. Ned notices that his whole face is changed in a GOT when varys visits him in the black cells. And its not just artifice or sorcery he feels the changed face. I think there is a lot more to varys than we know.

Ummm, how about no. I don't see why its such a ridiculous idea. Varys obviously uses mummers tricks and faceless tactics. Ned notices that his whole face is changed in a GOT when varys visits him in the black cells. And its not just artifice or sorcery he feels the changed face. I think there is a lot more to varys than we know.

Granted, there may be, and probably is far more to Varys than we know. Not sure that he's a FM, because he's not an assassin, but he way know similar techniques to theirs.

Granted, there may be, and probably is far more to Varys than we know. Not sure that he's a FM, because he's not an assassin, but he way know similar techniques to theirs.

That's what I mean! I'm not saying him or aegon is a faceless assasin. But that he gave a baby aegon's face raising him to believe he is aegon. It would also explain the connection to jaqen and varys if there is one. Why jaqen was in the black cells.

That's what I mean! I'm not saying him or aegon is a faceless assasin. But that he gave a baby aegon's face raising him to believe he is aegon. It would also explain the connection to jaqen and varys if there is one. Why jaqen was in the black cells.

I know this is all farfetched I just like discussing the possibility of it.

Do you have a habit of double posting to finish your thought? There is an edit button... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Aegon faceless baby is not a likely scenario, even if Varys is the leader of the FM, and Jaqen is his right hand man.

Do you have a habit of double posting to finish your thought? There is an edit button... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Aegon faceless baby is not a likely scenario, even if Varys is the leader of the FM, and Jaqen is his right hand man.

Do you have a habit of being an ass? I can double post if I want to. I'm not an idiot I know there is an edit button. I like a faceless aegon story more than I like him being an actual aegon. Its not going out on a limb to say its unlikely I just look at the story from different views.

Do you have a habit of being an ass? I can double post if I want to. I'm not an idiot I know there is an edit button. I like a faceless aegon story more than I like him being an actual aegon. Its not going out on a limb to say its unlikely I just look at the story from different views.

Respectfully, I believe the board policy is not to double post if you can help it, as it might look like you were spamming to increase your post count. There is also a board policy against personal attacks. There is no need to call him an ass.

LOL, didn't quite mean to come off that way... It's a pet peeve of mine for exactly the reason DCS posted above. I haven't used it to boost my post count and ask that others don't as well.

As for the OP I like that your thinking outside of the box... just saying the conclusion that Aegon/Faegon=faceless child is not likely, though nothing is out of the realm of possibility w/ GRRM.

That's what I mean! I'm not saying him or aegon is a faceless assasin. But that he gave a baby aegon's face raising him to believe he is aegon.

Would it not be simpler to just find a lookalike to be raised as Aegon? It doesn't even have to be that great a lookalike, there are no photographs in Westeros (pictures sure, but they are not so accurate), the features just need to be close enough to suggest the Valyrian look.

Take Jon C, the person that has spent most time looking for similarities to Rhaegar in Aegon:

- When he was presented with 5-6yr old Aegon Jon had still fairly fresh memories, but of an infant he probably barely paid attention to and of Rhaegar in his early 20's.

- It is now around 17 years since Jon saw Rhaegar and for most of that time he has been watching Aegon grow. Aegon is now approaching adulthood and his features could be compared to adult Rhaegar's - except perhaps Jon's memory is fallible and he has subconciously retrofitted his memories of Rhaegar to look more like Aegon does now.

Yes it would be way easier. But I think there is a connection to varys and the faceless men. So that's where I came up with the faceless baby. Its out there. But in a GOT it seems varys uses faceless tactics. Then all of a sudden he has the perfect prince to present to westeros. And this kid was raised to believe he is aegon targaryen which happens with a face change. The person suffers memories and emotions from the orginal owner. A fake dragon. Well it wouldn't get anymore fake than a faceless man, well a glamour but that's different. And this is only a possibility if aegon is fake. He may be a real dragon blackfyre or targ. I just doubt he is the real deal. I feel like there is sorcery to varys and more than just his enuch memories of getting his dick chopped off and hearing the great voice. So that's why I thought maybe its possible he used the faceless tactics to make a new aegon. Anything is possible and could come out a literary jewel with GRRM so that's. Why I was thinking of some crackpots that could turn interesting. I felt this is one. A lot of people probably think its lame. But I don't care. At least its different from all the boy from lys or blackfyre comparisons.

Archived