Brandon Stark - Casting

IlMentore96

http://www.google.co...sQ9QEwCQ&dur=20

I believe this is the HBO pic of Brandon Stark from a flashback sequence from the original pilot. I never saw this before and its def not from any episodes.

I've seen that, but it's not the way I pictured him as he looks almost as old as Sean Bean. But, perhaps that is a testament to being imprisoned by Aerys.

• 5 months later...

Bran's greenseeing could be the perfect way to introduce flashbacks (and they even wouldn't go back on their word, I guess they wouldn't technically be flashbacks? ;) ). Imagine how awesome season 5 could be if they show the RR backstory, Lyanna and Rhaegar, the Tower of Joy, and least strongly hint at Jon's parentage so the Unsullied can put the two and two together; at the same time as fAegon is introduced and about to land in Westeros, and while we are following Jon as the LC of the NW. Imagine a flashback/greenseeing scene of Lyanna and Rhaegar, or Lyanna saying "Promise me, Ned", or Catelyn asking Ned who Jon's mother was, this woman he loved so much that he is still keeping the secret, and Ned saying "he is my blood, that's all you need to know"... and then the next scene goes straight to Jon. With the biggest hints being dropped in the finale, which shows Jon getting stabbed, in a shocking climax...

But they're probably not going to do any of it, because they prefer the most conventional storytelling possible. Maybe I'm just dreaming. Then again, what the hell are they going to do with Bran in season 5, if they aren't going to show any important secrets through him?

Anyway, most of the big stars mentioned in this thread (Christian Bale etc.) are way too old, but a few age appropriate names have been mentioned.

Is the actor who played Gale Hawthorne in the Hunger Games the right age?

He turned 24 a couple of weeks ago.

Sidenote. Charlize Theron said she wants on GOT.

Who do you think she would play?

Val?
Ashara?
Joanna?

- too old

- too old

- I can see that, I've even imagined her appearing in Jaime's dream as Johanna.

Archived