Aegon and Arya?

AegonTargaryen

He is here. Aegon has been shaped for rule since before he could walk. He has been trained in arms, as befits a knight to be, but that was not the end of his education. He reads and writes, he speaks several tongues, he has studied history and law and poetry. A septa has instructed him in the mysteries of the Faith since he was old enough to understand them. He has lived with fisherfolk, worked with his hands, swum in rivers and mended nets and learned to wash his own clothes at need. He can fish and cook and bind up a wound, he knows what it is like to be hungry, to be hunted, to be afraid.

If Varys is telling the truth (I'm suspicious of him) the only things they have in common is learning languages although Aegon knows more but Arya is adding more languages to her list to learn as of ADWD. The living with the fisherfolk. Arya lived with Brusco. Doing hands on work and liking to swim. He seems to like sailing which is another thing they have in common. They can cook.

The last line I personally believe is a lie and Arya is the one who knows what it's like to hungry, hunted, and afraid.

Aegon I agree does seem arrogant. He is also possibly sexist based on what he said of Cersei. He was quickly dismissive of Dany and I found him to be dismissive of the boy who died in his place.

Then again Arya liked Jaqen and he is also dismissive and does not care.

Arya has not developed a type yet since she has not shown interest. & we don't know what Aegon likes. Hopefully not 12 year olds. I find Rhaegar liking a 13 year old Lyanna more acceptable.

I've proposed that her liking the sailors, saying that she could never love a coward, hating Cersei, and having some similar traits to Jon that Arya could like Aurane Waters but I do not believe that is happening. I still ship it though.

I don't think Aegon/Arya is happening but the popularity of the ship seems to be growing in certain circles on the web.

I think that Aegon/Arya ship is seen as Rhaegar/Lyanna v2.

We even have Gendry (Robert v2) who knows / likes (IMO, he's showing sings of a crush, and he's definitively jealous of Arya and Ned talking) the girl first.

The "ship" would also work if Arya ends up a Queen.

It would be ironic if Cersei's "younger and more beautiful" queen turns out to be a Lyanna look-a-like.

Lyanna was the one who "stole" both Rhaegar and Robert from Cersei.

And Arya still have Cersei on her "list" and wants to kills her.

I don't think it'll happen but I can see why people ship it.

Not likely. Aegon is not the kind of guy Arya would go after. She would be put off by his sense of entitlement. Besides, Arya hasn't even flowered yet.

Oh i believe she will flower in the next book. Shes at the age....

Aegon and Arya? Ummm.. Ok i do like Aegon but im not sure thats a good match. I do like this pairing better than Aegon/Sansa (lololol) but i still feel some aversion to it. I think he would be a bit put off with the daughter of the guy who helped bring down Aegon's family. :dunno: Arya may have enough spitfire to keep him interested but i think this ship is one that passes in the night, if you know what i mean.

• 8 months later...

Okay, Aegon will win a few more battles and become acquainted with Arianne Martell, Elia Sand and Aurane Waters who have all come to his side. Arya will quickly complete her Izembaro training and will be given her first large assignment. Arya will put on the face of a slightly older, extremely beautiful woman and will also be given a box. Arya will travel to Aegon and will become close with him, acting as a serving girl. Aegon will fall in love with Arya's new persona and Arya will ask him to run away with her. After Arya tricks Aegon into following her, she will dig up the box that she had hidden. Aegon will look into the box and see a dragon egg! Arya will then knock him out, tie him up to a post, set the egg beside him, and burn him. This is what her task was, to kill Aegon in this fashion to determine whether he is a true Targaryen or not. We do not know who put the Faceless Men up to this task. All we know is that it was appointed to Arya. In my opinion, I believe that Aegon will burn, and the egg will not hatch, leaving Arya very sad. This may lead to Arya taking the face of Aegon and posing as him, or simply returning to the Faceless Men and continuing her training. A ridiculous theory, but boy oh boy do I want this to happen.

Archived