Stuff That's Confirmed/Hinted at in aWoIaF App, v.2

This is strange, especially considering Cersei admits to fucking all three of them.

Heres what she thinks to herself when confessing to the High Septon about sleeping with Osfryd and Osmund, "she had no way of knowing what what Osfryd and Osmund might say. Safer to confess too much than too little." Thats a little ambiguous to me and I have never been sure if that meant she slept with both them or not but it kind of makes sense that she only slept with Osney. Varys never said that Cersei slept with Osmund, it seems like she was trying to seduce for some unknown purpose and perhaps he refused because of his vows. Petyr hints at that when he says that, " a white cloak changes a man even one like Osmund."

..when the text only mentions her fucking one. She admitted to all three to please the HS.

They were in her employ before we ever got her PoV. And no she didn't do it to please him, only to cover her bases in case the other two talked.

Varys never said that Cersei slept with Osmund,

Sure. But of course Varys wouldn't outright say anything with his head on the line, so I don't think it's a stretch just because he didn't admit to it.

This is strange, especially considering Cersei admits to fucking all three of them.

It's why I found the entry in the app so bizarre. Not because I thought she had sex with all three brothers, the text itself tells us that isn't true, but the fact that it took the extra effort of clarifying that she only had sex with one brother, not even two of them. It seems a trivial thing really. The only reason it might prove significant, in so far as I can imagine it becoming important at all, is that she did not have sex with Osmund Kettleback. This is contrary to Tyrion's assumption and what he told Jaime, so now the latter thinks it's true as well (which is understable, given that Tyrion was correct about Cersei's affair with Lancel). But, again, I don't know what that will really mean in the long term, it's not as if her having sex with Osney instead of Osmund makes much of a difference in the end.

Look, not to go into extreme detail about this, but the app is very plausibly correct. The only brother that can be positively confirmed by the text is Osney Kettleblack. At no point does Cersei confirm that she slept with the other two, except by way of what she tells the High Septon, when in her thoughts it's confirmed that she is lying. And, moreover, given how detailed the app is about this issue (which is the part that puzzles me), I'm inclined to believe it.

Don't worry, the community is providing for you. Apparently, a new version is out for Android, and if you're like me and don't have either Android or any Apple products, then eventually the book A World of Ice and Fire will come out, and it will be at least as complete as the app, probably more.

What is this based off of? GRRM's blog indicates that the publisher has no plans to bring it to android.

You guys aren't really missing all that much; the wiki on this website is almost the exact equivalent, if not better. The slight differences, new information and oddities are being pointed out on this and the previous thread on the subject and there aren't that many to start with.

when in her thoughts it's confirmed that she is lying.

They certainly do not confirm she is lying. Not anywhere. I suppose you could interpret it as such, but it's also just as likely that she's not (this taking into account that the other two KBs had absolutely no reason to admit to something like that right then; so there's probably a good reason for her paranoia).

So... what about Izembaro? Anything about it in the "Izembaro" section, the "Kindly Man" section or the "Arya" section? (Assuming that either of the two former sections exist.)

One single mention of it in Arya's entry, which is just what it says in Dance basically. It doesn't appear in the list of places, if you fancy taking that as any evidence of any kind.

They certainly do not confirm she is lying. Not anywhere. I suppose you could interpret it as such, but it's also just as likely that she's not (this taking into account that the other two KBs had absolutely no reason to admit to something like that right then; so there's probably a good reason for her paranoia).

I think the more obvious and, by way of the app, correct reading of the passage has Cersei admitting that she is confessing to too much.

I think the more obvious and, by way of the app, correct reading of the passage has Cersei admitting that she is confessing to too much.

Not at all. Taking the situation she's in, it's just the one that'll make sure all her bases are covered.

That how I was inclined to read it but why would she think these other two might possiblyconfess to having slept with her? She tells Kevan that they would never sit back while Osney is executed and Kevan says that they have all ready been arrested because of her confession and that they must either take the black or face Ser Robert Strong. Still Cersei is paranoid and after what she saw the High Septon do to Osney she probaly fears the worst. She knows her own self how a man can break under torture(Blue Bard) and admit to things that are false.

Not at all. Taking the situation she's in, it's just the one that'll make sure all her bases are covered.

Right, but as a point of fact, she is confessing to something that is not true apparently (which is what the app confirms). The only reason I even brought it up is that it seems irrrelevant in the grand scheme of things, yet, the app went to the trouble of explictly confirming who Cersei had sex with and with who she did not. Much the same can be said of Arianne. Why this is so I have little idea.

That how I was inclined to read it but why would she think these other two might possiblyconfess to having slept with her? She tells Kevan that they would never sit back while Osney is executed and Kevan says that they have all ready been arrested because of her confession and that they must either take the black or face Ser Robert Strong. Still Cersei is paranoid and after what she saw the High Septon do to Osney she probaly fears the worst. She knows her own self how a man can break under torture(Blue Bard) and admit to things that are false.

Because they might be tortured into doing so, even if it isn't true (which, apparently, it isn't). Cersei was in a difficult position. She couldn’t afford to have the High Septon provide confessions against her which were easily gotten (whether true or not). As unfair as this sounds, I imagine that Cersei would have confessed to having sex with the Blue Bard if the latter was not insane, just in case the High Septon could have managed to have him confess to as much (even though it never happened).

(which is what the app confirms).

Might be it was an old passage written before Dance. Or just an error -- there's been one or two already. Perhaps if Ran stops by here he'll set it straight.

But yes, I also think it's odd it would explicitly mention that without also qualifying that what she said in Dance was a lie.

Might be it was an old passage written before Dance. Or just an error -- there's been one or two already. Perhaps if Ran stops by here he'll set it straight.

But yes, I also think it's odd it would explicitly mention that without also qualifying that what she said in Dance was a lie.

It does confirm that what she said was a lie.

What you have to understand is that Cersei was in a vacumm. Other than her conversation with Qyburn she had no news of what was going on. She did not think that Osneys brothers would sit back and let him get executed. She feared that they might have been taken as a precaution or captured trying to free their brother. In which case they might have been put to the question. Osney also might have had knowledge about other crimes they might have commited giving the High Septon a pretext to arrest them. She has reason to fear what they might to do and has no way of knowing.

You didn't mention this. How is it worded?

I gave the exact wording directly from the book in post 361

Archived