Jaime will save his children

Sworn Shield

There are several very good reasons to hate Jaime. House Lannister is the most controversial and morally screwed up faction in the entire series. I'd say the 'hate' is justified. :P

And that why they're are fun and interesting :P I mean, i love the stark too, but please, Ned was so anoying, and don't get me started about Kat... in real life honor and all that stuff are well and good, no denying. But in fiction, me, and other peoples too, i know it, sometimes/often prefer characters with more... with less... ah well, you catch my drift, yes?

Jaime will be brave and do something but I don't think he can do it all.

Too much on his plate and location and logistics will get in the way. Other people too.

Not sure anything or anyone can save Tommen and Myrcella. It is the final destruction of Cersei, because she loves her children. Her actions have been "activating" the prophecy. Not sure how to word that but I think it is unfolding.

Jaime has Brienne, the Stark mission, his children...not sure he can do it all. But he is on the redemption road so that is something.

I have a horrible feeling at least Tommen will die - just to heap more suffering on Jaime. I think SH will send him off to find Sansa & Arya again and while he is wandering round the seven kingdoms trying to save her children at least one of his will die - cosmic payback for what he did to Bran. Also, the way HBO series has cast such as vulnerable and sad looking boy as Tommen makes me think he's doomed.... Maybe Marcella will survive - she is supposed to be the one with the smarts.

No way those kids are fucked.

That sentence is in such desperate need of a comma, lol.

But I really hope you are right :laugh:

Why would anyone dash Tommen's head in? He's such a useful pawn.

Varys wants Aegon to be king, but for that to happen the Tyrell-Lannister alliance needs to be broken. Killing Kevan was a start, but Tommen's death would shatter the alliance permanently. And of course, Aegon can't be king while Tommen is alive.

Myrcella makes a better pawn, however. She could be married to Aegon or one of his important allies, giving them a claim on Casterly Rock and Storm's End. So she might actually stand a shot at surviving imo. Her 'golden shroud' could just be the literal shroud she will wear to cover her disfigurement.

The burden to Jaime and Cersei, no matter that Jaime is getting better, is that at the moment they decided to have chidren, they were responsible for this.

You cannot keep a secret like that forever. It will get out. It did. And it is a damning secret.

They will both have to live with it. They are responsible. They had children and claimed they are Robert Baratheons's and fooled the people, nobles and commoners alike, by putting two sons as king of the Iron Throne.

They betrothed their daughter to the Martells.

Nothing can be done.

Each baby was condemned to a difficult chance of survival at conception.

'Gold will thier crowns and gold will be thier shrouds'.

I long ago decided that this part of the prophecy simply meant the children would be born royalty and die known as Lannisters.

I think Jaime is in the stages of understanding the complicated logistics of telling the truth, but he has alot of loose ends to tie up such as LS, Sansa, Brienne.

But yes, I could see him attempting to save the children and possibly killing Cersei in that process.

I love that.

I interpreted gold shrouds as the kids making it as royalty, as their parents wanted, and dying because of it.

Gold could be them dying due to the inevitable Lannister paternity reveal.

Never thought of that!

That was great.

'Gold will thier crowns and gold will be thier shrouds'.

I long ago decided that this part of the prophecy simply meant the children would be born royalty and die known as Lannisters.

I think Jaime is in the stages of understanding the complicated logistics of telling the truth, but he has alot of loose ends to tie up such as LS, Sansa, Brienne.

But yes, I could see him attempting to save the children and possibly killing Cersei in that process.

Uhh, if they die Lannisters, their shrouds'd be red. Gold is the Baratheon's base colour.

Tommen I guess can't be saved, even by Jaime, because he is a male, and even if it is revealed tot the public that he is actually a Lannister, they (Varys and Co.) won't risk it. Suspicion and confusion will always loom.

Myrcella however, might take a multitude of direction. Queen, is very least likely, due to the fact, that if Tommen is revealed as a Lannister, she will to, and we must consider the Faith who will think she is an abomination and for surely they will ask for her execution. Jaime might actually save her, by making sure she will have a nice life in the Free Cities, in exile. I don't think He will follow her. My asumption is that he is a character who needed redemption, and after it will be granted, he will be killed of. Nobody will find out probably (or maybe Brienne will tell the world, if she lives) about the Mad King's murder.

Myrcella can't also marry Trystane! she is a product of incest, and the Martells can not cast such a shame upon them. They might let her live in Dorne, because they know the poor girl has no fault.

Hmmm. The Jaime haters have arrived so I think I will depart, in fear of getting into another argument :-p

I love, love, love Jaime... don't think he's a bad guy at all (and I find almost all of his actions completely understandable given the circumstances)... so you'll get no hate here.

I'm not sure that the kids will be alive in the end, but I do think Jaime will do his best to turn things around for them. We'll see a fatherly side to him before it's all said and done.

Tommen and Myrcella don't have to die for the prophecy to come true. Tommen already has his crown and it's possible that the Dornish will crown Myrcella. They don't need to die to have shrouds...it could be someone's way of faking their deaths.

I really think Jaime is going to come forward about he and Cersei's sexual relations. Maybe he'll fake Tommen and Myrcella's deaths to save them from a possible shit storm from the people of Westeros.

Tommen and Myrcella don't have to die for the prophecy to come true. Tommen already has his crown and it's possible that the Dornish will crown Myrcella. They don't need to die to have shrouds...it could be someone's way of faking their deaths.

I really think Jaime is going to come forward about he and Cersei's sexual relations. Maybe he'll fake Tommen and Myrcella's deaths to save them from a possible shit storm from the people of Westeros.

There's a thought... I would kinda be down with that... Jaime faking their deaths for whatever reason. It would 'fulfill' the prophecy *and* continue Jaime's redemption. As long as it's not done with too much cheese, I could definitely get behind something along those lines. :-) Nice!

Not sure anything or anyone can save Tommen and Myrcella. It is the final destruction of Cersei, because she loves her children. Her actions have been "activating" the prophecy. Not sure how to word that but I think it is unfolding.

you've worded it well. cersei is indeed making the moves that will bring the prophecy she dreads to life. and it is all part of her downfall. it's all so sad because myrcella and tommen are such sweet kids.

I love that.

I interpreted gold shrouds as the kids making it as royalty, as their parents wanted, and dying because of it.

Gold could be them dying due to the inevitable Lannister paternity reveal.

Never thought of that!

That was great.

In my theory, they die known as Lannisters, AT A VERY RIPE OLD AGE.

That would destroy Cersei too. I can see that.

She is so narcissistic and power hungry that her children living on as nothings, nobodies, and having lost power and status...and it is because of her they have a shattered life. Cersei could live out a miserable very much downscaled life in disgrace too.

But she is a fighter. I see her going down with a fight. And she has too many enemies.

Not as bad as death of her children but a close second.

Either way, poor Tommen and Myrcella lose out.

I always said Cersei will not stop fighting as long as her children live. I don't think she cares or would even care about living if she loses both.

That would destroy Cersei too. I can see that.

She is so narcissistic and power hungry that her children living on as nothings, nobodies, and having lost power and status...and it is because of her they have a shattered life. Cersei could live out a miserable very much downscaled life in disgrace too.

But she is a fighter. I see her going down with a fight. And she has too many enemies.

Not as bad as death of her children but a close second.

Either way, poor Tommen and Myrcella lose out.

I always said Cersei will not stop fighting as long as her children live. I don't think she cares or would even care about living if she loses both.

i don't know about that. as you said yourself, she's about herself and the power she can get. i don't doubt she loves her children but it's a wierd twisted kind of love that somehow becomes a love of herself. if she loses both of them, it will crush her but i don't think she would stop caring about living. i don't think she will stop caring about herself and what happens to her. she loves herself too much.

Archived