Character Sorting Game!

Saint Arya

Jenny of Oldstones

Questions:

1) What is your go to activity when you want to have a good time?

Reading a book or surfing the internet. Have to engage the brain.

2) Which member of your family are you closest to?

My mom. My parents divorced when I was three and she raised me.

3) If you could have a superpower, what would it be?

Telekinesis. I'm lazy, and I don't want to get off the recliner to grab the remote control or a drink of water.

About Me: I'm a 26 year old woman. Currently I live with a roommate and her annoying cat. I love books (I actually have a B.A. in English/Creative Writing); mainly sci-fi/fantasy and historical fiction. Anything that takes you to another time and place. People have called me whimsical, and I'm often lost in thought. I might be a little anti-social because usually I prefer my own company to conversations with other people. It's not that I don't like them (well, maybe sometimes it is), but I don't really know what to say. What's the point in talking when there's nothing really to talk about? I'm very adaptable and will go along with almost any situation. I also always want to believe the best about people. I know that leaves me very open to be taken advantage of, but I would always rather be overly trusting than cynical. There's always a reason for everything, so why complain? Why not just accept what has happened and move on (not necessarily forgiveness, but more in the sense of moving on with life)?

I love ASOIAF because of the great world Martin has built. Everything feels so real and the story is filled with so many other stories I feel like I could explore the world forever and always find something new. The character I probably connect with the most is Dany. As a kid I always dreamed of being a lost princess. I think my imagination and getting lost in thought is similar to her dreams of rebuilding Westeros and claiming her rightful throne. I also know what it's like to have to tell myself, "If I look back I am lost." I've actually said that to myself a few times since reading the series and that mantra has helped me take more chances in life.I'm sorry that's longer than a paragraph; I guess you've also learned that I can be long-winded once I get going!

Ser Areo Mace

As a leader, would you rather be loved or feared?

Both. I would protect them and assist them when in need, but if you are to get out of line I will rain a firestorm down upon you.

If you had the choice between leading from the front or leading from the rear, which would you choose in all honesty??

Leading from the front. You should never ask someone to do something that you are not willing to do yourself. Men will fight more fiercely if they see you fighting next to them.

Which order would you join a)Night's watch b)Kingsguard c) train to be maester d) Faceless men or e) any other? and why?

Kingsguard- The Kingsguard is the highest of honors for a knight.

Order of the Maesters- I would want to be a Maester like Marwyn or maybe a Warrior Maester, A Knight of both body and mind?Night's Watch- The Night's Watch is an honorable order, a lowborn man can rise to great highs in it.

Faceless Men- I wouldn't want to lose who I am.

I'm a college student that works part time, I enjoy doing things outdoors like: fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, etc. I am very much into military history and am looking to major in it. I like to have a good time but not so much in a partying sense. I am very much in cinema, I love movies from all the decades. I enjoy people watching, I feel you can learn a lot about people by just sitting back and watching them interact with those around them, sometimes more then you would learn from having a conversion with them. I struggle to keep my temper in check, sometimes I let things build up in me then they get unleashed in unnecessary moments that most of the time I will apologize late for if I am sorry or do something that allows me to say I'm sorry without actually say it. Sometimes my bluntness and/or sarcasm is a problem, people can't tell if I am joking around or serious.I've always enjoyed warfare and most things medieval so that was the main thing that drew me to this series.

I am very intrigued by the characters and that they are not all the traditional black and white characters.I really don't feel like I relate to one character as a whole. There are a few characters that I share many traits with:

• Robert Baratheon - I'm a large man that was in better shape when i was younger. I drink too much, I eat too much, and I have a temper that run very hot.
  • Tyrion Lannister - My attitude is very similar to his, with an uncontrollable amount of sarcasm.
  • Sandor Clegane - I have an uncontrollable bitterness and hatred towards people, I don't mean to be this way it just happens.
  • Jorah Mormont - I'm a bear of a man, that will do anything for the people I love.
  • Areo Hotah - He's a strong silent protector, He's really an older version of me.

dreamcatcher

I'm 23, I'm from a tiny, for most insignificant country in Europe. I love travelling, right now I'm on a year abroad in lovely, lovely Spain. I'm thinking of staying here, but I don't know.. I'm that girl who doesn't know what to do with her life, I don't even know in which country I'd like to end up in. I speak 5 languages so I have quite a choice, but I have no money so that makes stuff kinda difficult. I love hot climates, but I generally fall for guys who love the cold which complicates things even more. I'm very self-reliant, sometimes an extrovert and sometimes an introvert. I'd have no problems with travelling the world alone because I always make new friends. Having friends around the world makes me sad, because I need that human contact, facebook just doesn't do it for me. What else...I LOVE dogs, well all animals, but mostly big dogs. My dog.The question I hate the most is 'where are you from?' - it's because my mum's from one country, my dad's from another, I'm from a third and I live in a fourth! So where do I come from?I hate injustice in the world, I usually avoid the news just to not feel stressed about it. But I always take the opportunity to go on protests and the like. One of my professors called my political views 'idealistic'.I started liking fantasy about 10 years ago, back in my tweens, so ASOIAF naturally came along with it a bit later. I love the whole community, how nice everyone is and how dedicated we all are in finding the answers:) The character I most relate to is probably Arya, because her personality reminds me of mine (a fighter, a traveller) , or Dany, because I think that inherently she is a good person, as I aspire to be.

The answers:

How much bullshit do you think you're capable of tolerating?

Very little. I'm a very blunt person aaand that's what probably gets me into fights. I sometimes wish I could be able to be quiet.

If you could have a superpower, what would it be?

Healing, definitely. My dad died when I was 10 years old and he'd still be alive, not to mention the millions of people around the world.

Which character would you most like to fuck?

Jon Snow, haha, definitely. He just seems as my kind of guy. Or maybe Gendry, for a one night stand. No blonde guys for me.

First the three questions:

I'd rather be loved and respected, though it'd probably take quite some time to earn that respect. People who stick with you because they fear you won't stand by your side when things go against you.

If you had the choice between leading from the front or leading from the rear, which would you choose in all honesty?

Now, from the safety of my desk, I'd say definitely leading from the front, inspiring courage. On the eve of the battle, I'd probably think leading from the rear better. And in the battle itself, I hope that I'd be able to overcome my nervousness and, all right, fear, and lead from the front. To get rid of fears, nothing beats meeting them head-on and with no way out.

Which Hogwarts House are you?

Pottermore sorted me as a Gryffindor, and I could see that - though I feel more like Neville (pre-DH Neville to boot) than Harry.

So, what's there to say about me? I started studying biology this year, straight after getting my Abitur (the German equivalent to English A-levels, Wikipedia tells me), and I'm still a bit unsure if that really was the right thing. I kind of feel like a fish out of water at times, it's really different from what I'm used to at school. Also, I'm pretty shy, I don't go to parties and such, so I end up somewhat isolated from the rest, which doesn't make it easier.I'm not really a "girly girl" - most of the time, that is, but when I see a really nice dress sometimes my "I wanna be a pwetty pwincess" instinct kicks in - but you couldn't call me a tomboy, either. I'm not that much into sports, for example, and though I'd love to take up something like fencing or karate, I lack the coordination and it just doesn't seem to work out.

I like ASoIaF because it's well-written, and being the bookworm I am, I can't resist its lure. Also, it's an entire new world with its own internal laws of physics and whatnot - I mean, things like the year-long seasons; a ten-year summer here would be called global warming, while in the world of ASoIaF it's great. Truth be told, though, I started reading the books pretty recently, some time after seeing the old ads for the TV series - the ones with Ned in the Iron Throne - and seeing someone with a "Winter is Coming" shirt, and wanting to find out more about the guy and the sentence. And then after the first book I kept - and still keep - reading because I want to know if the Starks survive, on top of all these other reasons. (Is this pushing for a House? Hope not...)Being only at 2/3 of aCoK, I don't know anything about later characters and developments, so I'd say I feel most like Sansa (about whom I heard some spoilers I'm duly trying to forget). Not the whole "betraying her family" thing, that makes me sick, especially after what Ned did to keep her safe, but the fact that she still believes in stories of heroic knights and such in a world like that, and then she has to face reality. I feel like I'm too idealistic sometimes, too trusting, I think everyone's got the potential to be a good guy, and if you're morally right you'll win, and...I sometimes want to live in "easier" times when all you had to do when there was conflict was ride out and smite the enemy with righteous fury, even though I know these times weren't easy, either.Oh, and another random fact about me: I write horrible run-on sentences.

Myrish Swamp Thing

(Fixed it! ;) )

How do you react to stressful situations which require you to make decisions quickly?

Take a drink (of water or pepsi), analyze the situation and make a decision

Question: which order would you join a)Night's watch b)Kingsguard c) train to be maester d) Faceless men or e) any other? and why?

Maester. I'm a smart guy who learns stuff easily

My question:

Are you comfortable typing/saying long-winded answers?

No

Random facts

I like order and stability

I need to feel productive

I want to become a good family man, and make a good living doing something I like

I like to travel, including the flying experience

I can focus on important tasks, but otherwise I can be disperse

What is the hardest thing you've ever done?

Moving to a different country far away from my previous home. So far the experience has been worthwhile

Headless Jeyne

I don't think I'm either a natural leader or a natural follower. I generally dislike being in either position. That being said I would still rather be loved than feared. You can catch more flies with honey in the long run.

You were granted three wishes, what do you wish for?

Ok. I would wish for the ability to go anywhere in space freely and instantaneously. Meaning I could explore distant stars, planets and galaxies, without needing any kind of special equipment, or I could go to the center of the earth, or I could shrink myself down to the size of a butterfly, or a cell, or an electron, and explore them from that perspective.Then I would give my boyfriend one wish and let him pick whatever he wants and wish it for him. And I'd give the last one to either my brother or best friend. (maybe I'd make them arm wrestle to decide who gets it…)

What is the worst thing you would cover up for a friend?

For most of my friends, I would cover up any kind of illegal or immoral thing they did short of hurting other people physically (damaging property, fraud, tax evasion, robbery, cheating on a test or a spouse, whatever). I wouldn't cover up murder, rape, or serious assault. But for my closest friends (this would be the three people mentioned in the previous question) I would cover up those things up--minus rape, I don't think I'd cover that one up. Altho I'm pretty sure none of them are about to rape anybody anytime soon :)

Some random stuff about me--I'm a big nature girl, I love almost anything active outdoors--hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, camping etc. Also love learning about the natural world. I read a lot and have an insatiable appetite for knowledge but especially love science and psychology. I love bad movies. I love spicy foods and drinking beer. I started taking martial arts classes about a year ago and really enjoy it, and enjoy being in shape. The most important thing to me in my life is my artwork but I don't like talking to people about it. I feel private and self-conscious about it. I am not a real girly girl, I used to put almost no effort into my physical appearance (make/clothes/hair/whatever), but am trying to be marginally better about it these days. Also I don't have any desire in me to get married or have kids. (not I think there's anything wrong with that!--I respect the hell out of people that are good parents.)

TheLongNightsWatch

My question to add:

Would you go on a mission to Mars if you were told you would never return? (I say YES)

1) Which member of your family are you closest to?

I am closest to one of my cousins. He is a professor in Colombia and probably the most educated member of my family. I enjoy hearing the wisdom he has gained through life and the fact that he continually wants to learn new things despite having a career already.

2) Favorite movie?

My favorite movie is Independence Day, but I think the best movie is Inception

3) How do you react to stressful situations which require you to make decisions quickly?

These are not my strength. I prefer to weigh options and possible results to make as educated decision. When forced to make a quick decision I can go back and force if I am missing too much information.

I am an Aerospace Engineer. I graduated from MIT in 2009 and have been working for the last two years. I enjoy playing playing team sports and playing video games.

I like ASOIAF because it does not have one central character which allows one to think that most characters are expendable and can die in any book. I also enjoy the moral ambiguity of the decisions being made. My favorite character is Jon Snow, but I relate most to Duncan the Tall. He starts from a lowly position and really just hopes to make a decent life for himself and a potential family. He has some distant aspirations for grandeur (Kingsguard), but he does not yet believe it is attainable and treats it as a pipe dream. He works hard, is a stern teacher, and is willing to put himself in danger to do what he believes is right.

King Stannis Baratheon

Hello! I'm a Taurus, female, in my early twenties. I have a great appreciation for any & all art; I love how it can be interpreted so diversely. I like to mess around Photoshop in my spare time (frustrated artist alert). I enjoy making digital graphics very much. I love going out with friends to the cinema or just to hang out together. My favorite films at the moment are Fight Club (I've seen it so many times I can recite the lines), Kill Bill & No Country for Old Men. I also love post-apocalyptic & period films & I'm a sucker for anything with pretty cinematography. I can be an extremely private person sometimes. I prefer a small circle of long-time & trusted friends than being in a big group. It takes a while for me to get comfortable with new people, but once you've earned my trust, you're in. Being in reunions or large social gatherings is exhausting to me. I'm dependable & loyal, especially to those I value the most. I try to avoid conflicts as much as I can but if it's too much, I'll make them regret it. I am organized & methodical, I prefer planning ahead than just improvising. I have no problems multi-tasking. I'm a perfectionist but sometimes procrastination gets the best of me, because I tend to think "I don't have enough inspiration or the right resources to do this perfectly ~now~, so I won't do it at all." :drunk: I tend to express affection through actions, rather than through words .. I'm not one who gives out empty praises or beats around the bush. I understand that it needs to be done sometimes, but I feel like an awful person at the same time for lying .. I appreciate honesty & just simply being yourself.

I love ASOIAF because of the intricate stories, characters & mystery, & the escapism its vivid world provides. The characters I relate to the most are: Stannis for his dislike of flattery/ass-kissing & how he appears a bit distant to people who don't know him very well. Sansa for the tendency to be withdrawn as a way of protecting oneself/others/feelings & for trying to see the positive things in everyone. Catelyn for her dedication to her loved ones.

Which member of your family are you closest to?

My older brother. He's makes me laugh, he's silly & outspoken, so personality-wise he's exactly the opposite of me but we still get along really well .. He's also kind of a father figure to me (my dad passed away when I was very young).

Who is your favorite character (from anything, not just ASOIAF) and why?

The Narrator from Fight Club, because his mind is fascinating & I just enjoy reading his pov -- there is never a dull moment.

Which Hogwarts House are you?

Pottermore sorted me into Slytherin. It's the second House I can associate myself with, but I see myself mostly as a Hufflepuff because I can relate more with their house traits (hard work, patience, loyalty, & fair play). Ravenclaw is alright as well, Luna is the HP character I can relate to the most. The House I have the least similarity with is Gryffindor, though Sirius & Remus (both Gryffindors) are among my favorite characters ..

Lady Olenna

As king would you rather be loved or feared?Loved... Then feared.

Would you rather be a dwarf or a cripple?

Dwarf... Not far off in real life.

Little about me:I love asoiaf because its a wonderful world to escape to and no matter how many times you read it there's always something new. I wish I had caught on to the series well before the show. I would have been in high school when GoT came out and it would have been a great escape back then. Not that high school was bad (I had many friends) but I only had one other geeky friend and she wasn't into fantasy stuff :-( Plus I worked like full time through school and reading is great for stress relief.Anyway, I have a pretty dry sense of humor. Kinda book smart but sorta a ditz at the same time. I'm totally gullible and it embarrasses me. I believe some of the most obviously stupid things! Derp would be a good adjective. But when I catch on I'm sharp as a knife so go figure. I'm down to earth. I like girly stuff but I also like outdoors and the "guy" stuff too (maybe more).That's all I can think of and that's a crap load more than I thought i would come up with.

Gods be good. I'm gonna be lumped as Sansa aren't I?....

Lady Olenna

Little about me:I love asoiaf because its a wonderful world to escape to and no matter how many times you read it there's always something new. I wish I had caught on to the series well before the show. I would have been in high school when GoT came out and it would have been a great escape back then. Not that high school was bad (I had many friends) but I only had one other geeky friend and she wasn't into fantasy stuff :-( Plus I worked like full time through school and reading is great for stress relief.Anyway, I have a pretty dry sense of humor. Kinda book smart but sorta a ditz at the same time. I'm totally gullible and it embarrasses me. I believe some of the most obviously stupid things! Derp would be a good adjective. But when I catch on I'm sharp as a knife so go figure. I'm down to earth. I like girly stuff but I also like outdoors and the "guy" stuff too (maybe more).That's all I can think of and that's a crap load more than I thought i would come up with.

Lord of the Tower - Easily fits Bronn

Ser Laughing Storm - I thought Catelyn Stark, but will go with Podrick Payne for now :ninja:

Jenny of Oldstones - Samwell Tarly

Ser Areo Mace - After I read which characters he relates to, I almost dropped it, but still suggest Rhaegar Targaryen :D

dreamcatcher - Nymeria Sand

Kateastrophic - Tyrion Lannister

MyrishSwampThing - reaching, but Sandor Clegane for now

Headless Jeyne - I started with Varys, ended up with Tom Sevenstreams

TheLongNightsWatch - I suggest Bran Stark or Jon Snow right now, but I did not read Dunk&Egg

King Stannis Baratheon - Catelyn Stark or maybe Mya Stone or Meera Reed

Lady Olenna - Don't know yet

Why am I Podrick? :lol:

How do you react to stressful situations which require you to make decisions quickly?

I usually act fast but I'm usually able to prioritize what needs to be done immediately and what it is that can wait/be omitted. I might get a bit frazzled at first but I get it together soon enough ;)

How much bullshit do you think you're capable of tolerating?

A fair amount; it's only natural that in life, anyone and everyone will encounter some amount of bullshit in their life. It wouldn't be life if it were devoid of bullshit. Of course, I can only handle so much and I don't deal with as much as many others but I am constantly becoming more tolerant of it as I continue on living.

What are your feelings on love and duty and why?

As far as duty goes, you have to know what it is to which you must be dutiful and what's a waste of time and energy. Again, as life goes on, I get a better sense of that. As far as love goes, I think it's important to have love in your life, whether it be romantic or of family and friends. Most importantly, you should love yourself. As far as romantic love goes, it's tough because more likely than not you're going to get hurt. I'm at a point in my life in which I don't want to be involved with anybody ( :lol: )in that way for that reason--that and I have a lot of figuring out to do still. But is it what I want eventually? Sure. I'm one of those romantic suckers at heart!

And my personal ad xDI'm a tall, 25 year old male. I'm a goofy person who laughs a lot of the time, many of which times are not appropriate. Many people describe me as "cute" and "sweet" as well; I'm not super intelligent or anything but I wouldn't say I'm a complete simpleton either. I value substance in a person and I have a good idea of who I am. I'm in that awkward phase of my life in which I'm figuring out what I want to do with my life. I graduated from college a couple years ago with a music major. I play a couple instruments as well as sing and dance awkwardly. I have all sorts of ideas of what I want to do so I'm just going to see what happens. Most recently I've been interested in teaching English abroad so we shall see what happens! (Think him going after Brienne) I recently became obsessed with ASoIaF after my brother told me about Game of Thrones (both the show and the book) a little over a year ago. I was instantly hooked, enamored and obsessed. I love GRRM's style of writing, as well as the depth of the plots, the characters, the fact that nearly anything could happen. I'm always excited to read anything ASOIAF-related, even if I've read it before. It kills me that it'll be quite the while until the next book is released, let alone the last one, but I can wait. I could re-read the series a hundred times and find something new each time, I am sure. I'm not sure which one character I would say I relate to most; I'm my own person (but who isn't?). The first two characters to come to mind are Renly Baratheon and also his ancestor, Ser Lyonel. He was known as the laughing storm and again, I do laugh often. It's one of my defining traits and I don't resent that one bit :)

Sam?! I mean, I guess I can see it. We are both passive people that better suited for book-learning than...anything else really. Dammit, I totally see how you got that. It figures my match wouldn't be glamourous.

I never identified much with Sam on reading, because his dad is such an overpowering, overshadowing force in his life, and his mom was just kind of in the background providing contrast. My own family situation was a lot different--I grew up the only child of a single mom, and we formed a really tight bond. It's probably weird, but I tell her more stuff than I tell my friends. However since she had to work a lot I spent a lot of time on my own, and I learned how to get things done by myself. I consider this to be a big part of my character, and I don't think I reflected it very well at all in my first post.

Sam well could end up being my best match, but darned if I'll get sorted without all the facts laid bare.

And now to start sorting my fellow players. There's way too many to do in one go, but I have to start somewhere.

Working backwards, starting with Lady Olenna:

The first character that stood out at me is Brienne. She can be taken in, maybe too easily, but she's not stupid. You would actually have to be clever to fight (and win) all the battles she has. There's also your stated desire of escape. When we meet Brienne she is in surroundings where she can certainly make a nice little niche for herself, but isn't completely accepted. She knows it could be better, but also it could be much worse.

That's the only character that popped out for me, but it feels more like I'm trying to stretch what's there to make it work. Could you tell more about yourself? Also let me know if I'm on the right track or way off base.

This High Expectations Asian Father is going to fray Juan if he doesn't give us more information. Could you be more generic? When faced with a tough decision, you... analyze the situation and make a decision. You want to be a maester because... you're smart. And your question! Now you're just mocking us. :whip:

On the plus side, you answered the all-important Coke or Pepsi question. So we know that much.

BlackBear

It took a lot of will power not to write Edmure "Floppy Fish" Tully :P Now you have proof I think you're awesome :lol:

Do it!

Edmure is everyone's favourite dog to kick, BUT ONE DAY HE WILL RISE UP AND RULE THE KINGDOMS WITH HIS SEXY GINGER BEARD!

and it was the wine anyway....

St. Arya: I'm Myrish Swamp Thing ;)

Killer Cacti: Looks like Mr. High Expectations needs to have his hand held in order to make a decision.... :P

Seriously now, ask specific questions (preferably from the signup list, what are the rules on this?) if you want to know more

My first few thoughts....

Ser Areo Mace: Rickard Stark

dreamcatcher: Maester Marwyn

Seriously now, ask specific questions (preferably from the signup list, what are the rules on this?)

How would you handle the responsibility of owing a direwolf as a pet?

if you had to invent an interesting metaphor for Life, what would it be?

If a war broke out, what would you do? (hide or fight, or maybe hide but secretly help the resistance?)

Archived