Confessions....say what?! v.11

UnbentFury

Okay no more Stannis Florina.

I confess I used to be a typical Jon-lover/Cat-hater (she's mmeeeaaannn to the woobie!) when I first read the books when I was fifteen. Then I became a grown up and got a shit ton of empathy for Cat. Still love my Jon though.

I confess that I will always believe that despite feeling a lot of empathy for Cat, she didn't have to tell Jon that he should have been crippled, and it wasn't a very nice thing to do. It doesn't make her a bad person, but it is a valid criticism in my opinion. That doesn't mean I think she should have embraced her husband's bastard.

Okay no more Stannis Florina.

I confess I never minded Darkstar, didn't realize people made fun of him, until I got to these forums and realized he was a huge joke. Now it's hard to take him seriously after seeing so much mocking lol.

I confess I used to be a typical Jon-lover/Cat-hater (she's mmeeeaaannn to the woobie!) when I first read the books when I was fifteen. Then I became a grown up and got a shit ton of empathy for Cat. Still love my Jon though.

I have to admit I had no idea Darkstar was such a hated character before coming to these forms

Confessions, cause I want this thread to stay open:

- I find the men who are not supposed to be particularly attractive really hot. Sandor, Mance, and Ned are all sexy. Rhaegar, Loras, Garlan, and pre-SOS Jaime are not. As for Jaime, keep him in prison for a year, cut off a hand, shave his hair, give him some grey in his beard, some premature aging, and describe him as "half a corpse, half a god" = HOT!

I pretty much agree with your entire post, but the men you just mentioned--YES so very much. Especially Sandor, Ned, and maimed Jaime. I dig Mance, too.

Damn you, why are you making me want to snuggle Stannis (who conveniently looks like TV Stannis in my mind), and give him the Iron Throne just to make him get what he needs for once???

Noooo, they are already taking your young (forum-wise) soul! :(

Stannis :crying:

People don't have the same empathy for him that they have other characters.

I think I have a lot of empathy, maybe even too much sometimes. I feel for practically every character. Maybe for Stannis too, just so much as for everybody else. But he does nothing special for me. :dunno:

I confess that Stannis Invasion of threads is making me angry.

I confess that this does not need be a confession IMO.

I confess that I will always believe that despite feeling a lot of empathy for Cat, she didn't have to tell Jon that he should have been crippled, and it wasn't a very nice thing to do. It doesn't make her a bad person, but it is a valid criticism in my opinion. That doesn't mean I think she should have embraced her husband's bastard.

Oh, it's def a valid criticism. I just don't like the odd, fanfic-like way people expand it to act like she did nothing but curse the ground he walked on his entire childhood. Once someone told me that she probably beat him too lol.

I confess I never minded Darkstar, didn't realize people made fun of him, until I got to these forums and realized he was a huge joke. Now it's hard to take him seriously after seeing so much mocking lol

I have to admit I had no idea Darkstar was such a hated character before coming to these forms

I confess I share this experience with both of you.

I confess I share this experience with both of you.

I think you'll find a lot of Dorkstar ridicule in the UK especially where mockery of the powerful is a very important part of the culture. Especially people who come off as sounding like they want to be powerful but can't back it up. His intro line is just embarrassing IMO.

I think you'll find a lot of Dorkstar ridicule in the UK especially where mockery of the powerful is a very important part of the culture. Especially people who come off as sounding like they want to be powerful but can't back it up. His intro line is just embarrassing IMO.

Wait a second, ab are you british?

Archived