Football v 35.0

baxus

Watching Ethiopia back on the big stage (ok, the Afcon). Great to see the Walya Antelopes, but my, what horrible goalkeeping! No goals as of yet, but the first choice goalie got sent off after rushing out one on one and kicking his opponent way after he had finished (poorly).

We've also missed a penalty. Waste!

ETA: Zambia scored. I am disappoint

ETA2: Adane! 1-1, and a good point! Happy days!

DC have signed midfielder John Thorrington, lately of Vancouver. This is not really news -- I actually thought it had already been announced, probably a delayed paperwork thing. It'll be good to have some more depth, I suppose, but he was not, apparently, particularly inspiring for Vancouver. He also spent quite a while injured so who knows.

He's perpetually injured, but can play all midfield positions competently. Not a bad depth guy. I'm actually a little sorry to see him go. If he can stay healthy, he'll be good for you.

Everton were disappointing tonight. No fight at all in the first half, and Southampton really should have been two or three up. We're better in the second, but still not very good. Perhaps we could have nicked it, had a couple of chances, but we got what we deserved, if not more, with the one point.

Looks like the Whitecaps have terminated Barry Robson's contract. No word yet if its because he couldn't adjust to Vancouver's grey and rainy climate, or because he was pissy that he couldn't draw more fouls by spending the second half of last season rolling around on the pitch every time an opposing player came near him. I'm pretty disappointed, though, he was awesome for the first month or so after he arrived.

Archived