Which dead characters will return in WOW?

BearandMaidenFair

The faceless men can only use the face of someone who is dead ....Eddard Stark would have to be dead for already for that to work....and Jon is not a targareyan prince....he is a targarean bastard....correct me if I'm wrong , but rheagar was still married to ellia when he ran off with Lyanna right?? Doesn't that still make him a bastard according to Westrosi law?? I dont think it matters that he was birhted by a high borne lady...he was still born out of wedlock and he has no claim to anything unless legitimized....rddard is dead...the agreement was that he would confess and keep Cerceis secret for Sansas sake and in return he would take the black...Jeoffry kind of put a damper on those plans.....

Im not quoting directly of course but it was mentioned that there were many ways for a man to change his face some magic can even give the illusion that one person is another. Im sure jon will be a legitimate Targaryen prince by Rhaegars polygamist marriage to Lyanna Stark, It would be pointless to progress jon from being a bastard born stark to a bastard born Targaryen.

Im not quoting directly of course but it was mentioned that there were many ways for a man to change his face some magic can even give the illusion that one person is another. Im sure jon will be a legitimate Targaryen prince by Rhaegars polygamist marriage to Lyanna Stark, It would be pointless to progress jon from being a bastard born stark to a bastard born Targaryen.

He can only be legitamized by a king .....or queen....perhaps danny if she should make it back .....mayhaps a marriage betwen them......perhaps Jon weds araya ....it's always noted that he has a special fondness for her...sometimes implying that it goes beyond normal brother /sister love......perhaps after he learns that she would be his cousin insetead of sister....something might come of that ....wouldnt be out of possiblility for cousins to marry in that time.....

Just listen to Jon I in aDwD. He's dreaming as Ghost. he describes Shaggy eating a unicorn (confirmation of Skagos) and Nymeria and her pack chowing down and howling. It describes Summer north of the wall. It doesn't describe the other, but it does say that he can feel 4 of the 5 bro/sisters...

So is it Lady or Grey Wind?

Just listen to Jon I in aDwD. He's dreaming as Ghost. he describes Shaggy eating a unicorn (confirmation of Skagos) and Nymeria and her pack chowing down and howling. It describes Summer north of the wall. It doesn't describe the other, but it does say that he can feel 4 of the 5 bro/sisters...

So is it Lady or Grey Wind?

I'm at my book now, so here's the quote...

Once they had been six, five whimpering blind in the snow beside their dead mother, suckling cool milk from her hard dead nipples whilst he crawled off alone. Four remained and one the white wolf could no longer sense.

We see Ned kill Lady so imo she's gone.

We hear Greywind is killed but I don't think we see it.

It could just mean four are living and he can't sense Summer. It's oddly worded but make of it what you will.

The gravedigger, formly known as the Hound, will officially come out of hiding and perhaps kill his unbrother. If Syrio lived, this might also be the novel when we see him again -- same for Benjen if he's still struggling beyond the Wall somewhere. Also, the knight formerly known as Ser Arthur Dayne might make an appearance along with Howland Reed -- though of course Howland isn't dead; he just acts like it.

He can only be legitamized by a king .....or queen....perhaps danny if she should make it back .....mayhaps a marriage betwen them......perhaps Jon weds araya ....it's always noted that he has a special fondness for her...sometimes implying that it goes beyond normal brother /sister love......perhaps after he learns that she would be his cousin insetead of sister....something might come of that ....wouldnt be out of possiblility for cousins to marry in that time.....

He wasnt bastard born so does not need to be Legitamized , Its very unlikely jon will marry Arya i think its more plausible that he marrys Daenerys , Its actually more intersting to note how Jon and Sansa arent as close. I believe this is the setting for a family feud . The Stark family headed by Sansa ( my gut instinct says Bran and Rickon are gonners) will battle against the united Targaryens Jon and Dany with Arya being caught in the middle.

Quentyn Martell, the Knight of Ash, after Moqorro resurrects him. Just think about the symbol he'd be for R'hllor's power! Not saying it will happen but I'm suprised more people have not thought of it as a possibility especially with Victarion's burned hand.

Quentyn is so dead man.. barristans description of him with his eye balls looking like molten pools on his face.. he's dead.

• 9 months later...

I've been wondering about Jon's survival. So I've read some of GRRM's earlier works in order to find clues.

In Fevre Dream the vampires are able to recover quickly from stab wounds that would be fatal to humans.

In The Skin Trade, werewolves are able to change form from humans to wolves, and in so doing, survive wounds that would be fatal to them in human form. Then change back to human form upon recovery.

Neither of these methods precisely applies to Jon, but they might provide clues as to how he does it.

In The Skin Trade, werewolves are able to change form from humans to wolves, and in so doing, survive wounds that would be fatal to them in human form. Then change back to human form upon recovery.

Hmmm....cool research. The 2nd option is damn close to how I see Jon recovering (after Ghost attacks and kills Bowen Marsh and the other mutineers then drags Jon away). He wargs Ghost for a while as his body recovers (with Mel's help). Ghost and Val then share some adventures for a few chapters. :cool4:

I'd love to see less dead characters returning to be honest. I thought grrm wanted us to be afraid of the characters? Not really the case at the moment I guess. Don't know a single person who's afraid Jon might be dead even though he got stabbed multiple times. Screw this. Dead stay dead please. No more fakes like Mance. No more guys brought back to live. Of course Sandor isn't dead and Jon won't die but please - no more of that. It's been too much already imo.

Archived