Which major characters will GRRM kill off in TWoW?

That was my next post after my LF/Varys comparsion on the last page.

Stannis and his role gives me sleepless nights. LOL!

I don't hate Stannis, but he is a claimant, he is a Baratheon. And I think that has to be wrapped up and not an issue anymore.

He has to go or Dany, Aegon, Jon, whoever can't make it to 7 when we find out who claims the throne, with a narrower pool of possible throne candidates, or who doesn't claim it or whatever. He is an obstacle to the three storywise. I think Stannis wraps up the Bolton crap, Roose and Ramsay die, he helps the Starks, and the Mel/Rhillor thing comes back to bite him in the ass. As it will with Victarion, and I think Uncat does what she can and finally dies in book 6 too. I think 7 will focus more on R & L, Jon and the fighting Targs Dany and Aegon. I just think Stannis is resolved before that in 6.

The Others are coming, the Jon reveal, the Lannister downfall, the Cersei prophecy, etc, and it is only my opinion that the last Baratheon dies and it paves the way for resolution of other issues by book 7.

Or I could be crazy dead wrong. LOL! Just my feelsies.

So many things that could happen. It's hard to predict. I do feel its time for Stannis and Jaime to go. Perhaps Theon, hopefully Hizdar zo Loraq. Perhaps Barristan. Cersei wont go until ADOS but then shell go for sure. Perhaps Victarion will go too, most likely both of the lovely Boltons too.

But hey lets watch George suprise us and kill off Dany and Sansa

I really hope Arya doesn't die. I can see how her death would be horribly tragic and gut-wrenching and I think GRRM is aware of this... but I hope he doesn't pull the trigger. I want Arya to live and one day be happy again. But the fact is, her death (to me) would be so perfectly tragic, and I know some writers can't pass up an opportunity for a good death. God, I hope GRRM has other plans for her. Luckily, isn't she his wife's favorite character or something? Hopefully she'll make him see that Arya needs to live! ;)

I agree that there is a definite chance for Sansa to survive overall, given how her arc has gone. I think she and Rickon will make it.

IIRC, Martin's wife made him promise not to kill off Arya. It was apparently stated in an interview I read about here somewhere. Maybe someone else will remember which one. Arya is far and away the character that I have the most sympathy for and the most attachment to. I can honestly say that I would have trouble finishing the series if it happens.

I would agree also that Sansa survives. In fact, I think the rest of the Stark children will survive, but are never able to reunite and be a family. Could be the bittersweat ending that was mentioned.

IIRC, Martin's wife made him promise not to kill off Arya. It was apparently stated in an interview I read about here somewhere. Maybe someone else will remember which one. Arya is far and away the character that I have the most sympathy for and the most attachment to. I can honestly say that I would have trouble finishing the series if it happens.

I would agree also that Sansa survives. In fact, I think the rest of the Stark children will survive, but are never able to reunite and be a family. Could be the bittersweat ending that was mentioned.

I just can't see all the Starks surviving until the end. Like someone mentioned earlier, there's Rickon and the Shaggy dog story issue. Also even if GRRM made a promise to his wife to not kill Arya off, I'm not sure he would keep it. Like he has said, the opinions of the fans don't affect his writing and if he decided Arya's arc ends with her dying, I don't think GRRM would change that, just to satisfy his wife's wishes.

That was just something nice to share with his readers.

And I have to say if it were me, I am not sure I could do those interviews. Too much pressure trying to remember or think how to answer something, or not answer something.

But he is a straightforward guy.

To me, it doesn't mean Arya dies, and it doesn't mean she lives either. Which is great. Nobody is safe and it just makes the books even better.

I still never got over Lady. LOL! Cersei has been dead to me ever since.

Roose, and I hope it's Jon sending Longclaw through his heart while staring Roose in the eye and says "Robb Stark sends his regards".

Stannis won't die, that theory of him turning to the Others in the WoW section seems like something that would happen to him.

Victarion.

Maybe Jaime and Cersei.

Ramsay, hopefully.

The Freys.

The Goth Wannabe known as Darkstar.

Hopefully Nymeria so she'll stop being a threat to the smallfolk.

LittleFinger.

Among the POVs, Jaime and Cersei are good bets, Victarion is almost a certainty, Aeron scarcely less so and Connington perhaps, depending on how much time passes over the course of the novel.

As for the other POVs, I think there is an outside chance when it comes to Brienne, Sam, Melisandre, Barristan, Areo, and Theon. Arianne, Davos and Asha seem likely to survive in the near term.

And, quite obviously, the big three (i.e., Jon, Daenerys, Tyrion) and the Starks (i.e., Bran, Sansa, Arya) are immortal until the latter stages of the final book of the series.

And, quite obviously, the big three (i.e., Jon, Daenerys, Tyrion) and the Starks (i.e., Bran, Sansa, Arya) are immortal until the latter stages of the final book of the series.

I'm almost expecting one of the big three/starks to go at the end of 6. Wouldn't exactly be out of character for GRRM to pull som,ething like that out of the hat to shock everyone!

The way I see it, characters who are considered the bad guys until now (Ramsay, Roose, and even Cersei) will go. Because the final book will be concerned with the Great Battle. The Wall will fall at the end of TWoW! Cersei will die also at the end of twow, being the biggest of the deaths. I guess Stannis's arc can be concluded also. I don't know..

The one dillema I have is the Euron\Victarion arc. My bet is that Victarion will become Dany's ally, and he will fight for her against his brother.

Unnecesary characters, who don't have a link to what will happen in ADoS, will either be killed off, or will be put on hold.

The Big Three and the Three Starks will make it until ADoS. Then anything could happen!

I love Stannis, but the dude is a walking deadman. Not right away, obviously, but I could definitely see him dying in battle with the Others.

I'm torn on Theon. I want him to die a redeeming death, after putting an arrow through Ramsays eye, but he could be sacrificed or survive.

Such interesting thread but most of it is wild guessing... At least for me since I never saw any of the previous deaths coming...

My wild guesses would be Asha Greyjoy because there are plenty of Greyjoys already and one or some of them could be done away with - I feel the main Greyjoy now is Euron so th3res no need of Asha. Maybe Tris will kill her in a jealous fit?

Others that seem to be in danger are Randyll Tarly cause hes a bad parent and may redeem himself dying to save Gilly or her baby;

Arya because shes so awesome just like Ned was and shes the main Stark now, just like her Dad was in Book.1. I hate it, but Starks just DIE in George's books.

Brienne I fear she will die to save Sansa

Missandei

One of the dragons

Edmure (to save his wife and child)

Blackfish (trying to save Edmure)

Meera Reed

Melisandre (that is actually my hopeful wishing)

Archived