Which major characters will GRRM kill off in TWoW?

I think Tommen, Myrcella and then Cersie will go. It looks like her arc is coming to a conclusion and her children are the precursor to her demise. I will cheer when she goes, but grieve for her children.

I think both Jorah Mormont and Barristan will make it to the end as will UnCat, but Aegon, fake or real, may die at the end of this book if GRRM gets it as far as an assalt on the Great Other.

Jaime (can't see him surviving Stoneheart)

Brienne possibly (her arc seems to be reaching a conclusion)

Margery Tyrell (oh please oh please oh please)

Euron/ Victarion

Roose and Ramsay (the war has to be wrapped up for the onslaught of the other)

Which ever Dothraki stand in Dany's Way

My ultra long shot guess: Littlefinger

How could you say stannis will die? You don't have to like him but lets not be silly, he still has a huge part to play.

I find him and Ned to be very similar. The whole reason Ned dies is as one character stated...i forget who...that "you cant be honorable in a dishonorable world" (something to that extent)

Stannis just jumps out at me as very similar in this respect. He lives for the realm and i think he will die for it. If anyone agrees maybe this is a separate thread possibility.

I find him and Ned to be very similar. The whole reason Ned dies is as one character stated...i forget who...that "you cant be honorable in a dishonorable world" (something to that extent)

Stannis just jumps out at me as very similar in this respect. He lives for the realm and i think he will die for it. If anyone agrees maybe this is a separate thread possibility.

He's obsessed with justice the same way Ned is with honor. If he was that honorable, he wouldn't scorn Ned for it.

Though you could say that you can't be truly just in an unjust world, as well.

He's obsessed with justice the same way Ned is with honor. If he was that honorable, he wouldn't scorn Ned for it.

Though you could say that you can't be truly just in an unjust world, as well.

That's the quote I was getting at. Thanks for the clarification ha.

But yes It seems that his view on Justice really corresponds with Ned and his Honor.

Theon already lives on borrowed time, he'll die in the next book.

I expect at least one of Tywin's kids to die, they're long overdue. Rather not Tyrion.

At least one major character will die in the Battle of Winterfell, I'd bet money on that. Might be Roose, Ramsay, Manderly, Stannis, Mance.

Also the same is possible for the Battle of Meereen; not Dany nor Tyrion, but Barristan or Vicky, sure (please, let that be Vicky).

Then there's Cersei's trial. If she looses, then it's Robert Strong and Cersei, if she wins, then she is a free woman with all the might of Casterly Rock at her disposal. A killing spree, maybe? She can target the High Sparrow, Mace, Margaery, or even Moon Boy for all I know.

Then there's Riverrun and Tom O'Sevens, who for some reason seeks employment at that castle. Could mean some serious Freytermination.

The Blackfish can try to free Edmure. If so, then not everything will go as planned, and either Brynden, Edmure or Jeyne will kick the bucket.

The butcher's bill is gonna be big.

stannis may not be the chosen one, but he is definitely the Lorf of the Seven Kingdoms and rightful heir to the Iron Throne, and i know, i know, some of you are reading this and thinking, "geez, that ol Stannis is the one true king chestnut all over again", but well, he is, and there's no way he's gonna die at the end of TWOW, he's the contender that Dany is eventually gonna have to face if she want to rule the Seven Kingdoms,

as far as who's gonna die, i hope Theon finally redeems himself by killing Ramsay,

victarion will die at the hands of barristan selmy,

daario will be the one that betrays Dany for love, he'll die for it

hopefully sansa will reveal that it was littlefinger that started this whole business by having lysa poison jon arryn, she'll use the newly pledged swords at her wedding feast to bring justice to that piece of crap once and for all

strangely enough, i don't think jaime lannister is gonna die, he'll make it at least to the last book

Davos Seaworth can't die, if the Blackwater didn't get him, nothing can

but i'm sure Cotter Pyke and all those men and women at Hardhome beyond the wall are dead, it is known

of coarse this is all speculation, and with George Martin, who knows who's really gonna get the axe, killing Lord Eddard in book one just shows us that NO ONE is safe.....

I just can't see all the Starks surviving until the end. Like someone mentioned earlier, there's Rickon and the Shaggy dog story issue. Also even if GRRM made a promise to his wife to not kill Arya off, I'm not sure he would keep it. Like he has said, the opinions of the fans don't affect his writing and if he decided Arya's arc ends with her dying, I don't think GRRM would change that, just to satisfy his wife's wishes.

It would be a narrative disaster to kill off Arya now. Five books of character building needs to be fulfilled somehow. So far she hasn't affected anything whatsoever, and I doubt she will have the huge impact I expect her to have in the next book. If she dies, it will be in the last book, not earlier. Ned and Robb were tragic deaths, but they had played they part in the story, but Arya isn't even close to that point (neither is Sansa or Dany).

If she doesn't end up riding Nymeria to bring down northern wrath on the Frey and Bolton rats, I will be severely disappointed.

I want the Wall the come down at least at the 3/4 way of the book. Because I've got a feeling that the Others won't enter the realm only through North (that would be boring and the southorn still wouldn't believe their existence much..) but I think they will strike from every side of it whence the Wall is down. I think that would be fun to read, Varys vs a White Walker, realising all his plots are in naught at the final moment of his life :D Maybe we can get a Varys epilogue :bowdown:

All the wights knocking about...it'd be like a medieval version of the Walking Dead! :o

Edit: Oh yeah and I suspect our boy Stannis will pop his clogs unfortunately, but it depends how long the book is. If it gets split in two again, he probably won't die until the second part.

Archived