Theories for TWoW, round 2 [SPOILERS]

OberynBlackfyre

First, His Grace King Tommen Lannister might die from a wound that'll fester, courtesy of that black tomcat on King's Landing

Perhaps you were implying this, but that'd be a hell of a way for FM Arya to assassinate Tommen (or Cersei, or both). Catch a cat (been there/done that), poison its claws, then slip into it (again, been there/done that) and scratch some Lannisters. Perhaps Tommen is the assignment and she goes overboard and gets Cersei too, causing a backlash from the FM.

Tommen somehow gets killed with Widow's Wail and his widowed mother finally goes insane (she's been pushing the envelope lately) and spends her remaining days screaming/crying replaying the deaths of her children in her mind.

Bolton's and Frey's realise they've bitten off more than they can chew as they lose Riverrun and Winterfell while taking heavy losses, many Frey's die and Ramsay Snow tries to attack a decent soldier (unlike an unarmed woman/children) and gets his ass handed to him and dies. Preferably Mors Umber gutting him like a fish. I also cannot see Stannis letting Roose Bolton live if he retakes Winterfell.

Tyrell's and Lannister's suffer some heavy losses from the surprise attack of Aegon and the Dornish, Lannister's remove all forces from the riverlands and move them to the Crownlands, The Reach and Westerlands as Aegon/Martell's hold Dorne and Stormlands. This means Frey/Bolton alliance with the Lannister's becomes useless as they cannot spare troops. Riverrun is reclaimed by Blackfish and the Twins become under siege from Riverlands, Vale and Crannogmen.

No idea whats going to happen with Dany, i've given up guessing, maybe she'll elope with Daario to Asshai.

Barristan is going to bag em and tag em and then end up arguing with the Ironborn who get drunk and pillage causing trouble.

New to the board, but a couple of theories I thought I might add...

1. The third treason will be revealed, and it will turn out to be Dany herself! She betrayed herself for love of the freedmen, and thus deviated from her path as a conqueror. This seems to be hinted at somewhat in Dany's final chapter in ADWD.

2. Jon will stay dead throughout most of the book, and all hell will break loose at the wall (possibly bringing it down, or allowing the Others to get through somehow). Meanwhile, it will be discovered that he is in fact the son of Rhaegar/Lyanna, and more importantly, Lady Stoneheart will learn of this (possibly via Howland Reed?). Later she will travel to the wall and give up her own life to resurrect Jon out of guilt and repentance for all of the years of mistreating him, thus making that storyline come full circle.

And one absolutely crazy, hair-brained theory that will most definitely not happen, but would kind of like to see...

3. Dany goes mad and turns out to be evil! Obviously, there isn't much to support this, but I just think it would be kind of cool to bring to light the glaring irony that the Targaryens are as much to blame for bringing misfortune upon the kingdoms as any other house, and to build her up as this savior of sorts only to turn out to be a villain would be an absolutely insane (and kind of cool IMO) plot twist. Of course, it'll never happen, otherwise ASOIAF fans might riot.

This book is going to make A Storm of Swords look like a happy fairy tale in comparison.

It is going to be dark, both psychologically and figuratively with the Wall coming down, The Long Night beginning, and the death and betrayals of cherished and beloved characters by the handfuls.

Martin will leave nothing but embers of hope left for the readers as the Song of Apocalypse plays out. These boards on this forum are going to erupt with rants, rages, doom, gloom, tears, and mutterings.

TPTWP will have a new meaning... The Pain that was Promised

Readers will question more than ever why they decided to jump into this story and blame everyone who introduced them to these works. They will be left with a stomach that wont settle, a bad taste in their mouths, and a silent question on their lips..."Why?"

The writing of course will be Martin's finest and we the readers will have our souls flayed begging Martin to cut out our heart as we will masochistically turn each page unable to stop.

Only once the book has been read completely and our soul completely devoured will we be able to put it down as the shock settles in.

People will ask you how good it was, only to see the " empty horror of being mind flayed" expression you will be wearing until a Dream of Spring.

Perhaps you were implying this, but that'd be a hell of a way for FM Arya to assassinate Tommen (or Cersei, or both). Catch a cat (been there/done that), poison its claws, then slip into it (again, been there/done that) and scratch some Lannisters. Perhaps Tommen is the assignment and she goes overboard and gets Cersei too, causing a backlash from the FM.

brilliant would love for this to happen.

This book is going to make A Storm of Swords look like a happy fairy tale in comparison.

It is going to be dark, both psychologically and figuratively with the Wall coming down, The Long Night beginning, and the death and betrayals of cherished and beloved characters by the handfuls.

Martin will leave nothing but embers of hope left for the readers as the Song of Apocalypse plays out. These boards on this forum are going to erupt with rants, rages, doom, gloom, tears, and mutterings.

TPTWP will have a new meaning... The Pain that was Promised

Readers will question more than ever why they decided to jump into this story and blame everyone who introduced them to these works. They will be left with a stomach that wont settle, a bad taste in their mouths, and a silent question on their lips..."Why?"

The writing of course will be Martin's finest and we the readers will have our souls flayed begging Martin to cut out our heart as we will masochistically turn each page unable to stop.

Only once the book has been read completely and our soul completely devoured will we be able to put it down as the shock settles in.

People will ask you how good it was, only to see the " empty horror of being mind flayed" expression you will be wearing until a Dream of Spring.

You just gave me serious goosebumps!!!!! :drool: Yes i must agree with everything you said. Supposedly it will be coming out Christmas 2014. (please please please please)

Dany will take control over the outriders of Jhaqo's Khalasar (only 50 riders are present at the end of Dance, I doubt that is his full force) and by extension Jhaqo's other riders. She will lead this khalasar to Volantis, encountering the Khalasar of Khal Pono on the way. I have a feeling Jhaqo doesnt have a massive following, but all the mentions in Tyrion's Dance chapters seem to indicate that Khal Pono poses a serious threat to Volantis, so she takes control of his forces (with Drogon's help). There is a slave uprising in Volantis, lead by Benerro and the Red Priests, her army in Meereen is alerted and orders are sent to join her in Volantis with the Iron Fleet and Volantene fleet. Her army has successfully defeated the Yunkish slavers and the Ghiscari, Quartheen and other allies of the slavers have been forced to retreat. Someone/some few people who are competent remain in Meereen to rule, or it is burnt to the ground with Yunkai, putting a "Fire and Blood" style ending to Slaver's Bay. I can't quite decide how Meereen will be resolved but I lean more towards a real and competent council remaining behind to govern it. The council Barristan calls seems quite competent, so hopefully something similar to that. The bulk of her forces are transported to Volantis, and she gives orders to her Khalasar's to ensure Slaver's Bay remains anti-slavery. She then embarks on her journey to Westeros, landing in several places across the continent as the GC did; an area spreading from Dragonstone to the Fingers

Cut

I like this theory. A lot. In fact I may have to steal it :P.

Since I am of the opinion that Daenerys is the stallion that mounts the world, the main problem in my theories was working out a way to link Khal Pono into the story. This might just solve it. Also, I think that while she is in Volantis she is likely to encounter archmaester Marwyn.

Where did you see that it was coming out then?

if you google Winds of Winter release date, there are several interviews with GRRM and the tentative release date is Christmas 2014. He says he is not making promises, but it is the first time he has even given an idea about the completion, so I am jumping on and hoping it's true :)

Dany will take control over the outriders of Jhaqo's Khalasar (only 50 riders are present at the end of Dance, I doubt that is his full force) and by extension Jhaqo's other riders. She will lead this khalasar to Volantis, encountering the Khalasar of Khal Pono on the way. I have a feeling Jhaqo doesnt have a massive following, but all the mentions in Tyrion's Dance chapters seem to indicate that Khal Pono poses a serious threat to Volantis, so she takes control of his forces (with Drogon's help). There is a slave uprising in Volantis, lead by Benerro and the Red Priests, her army in Meereen is alerted and orders are sent to join her in Volantis with the Iron Fleet and Volantene fleet. Her army has successfully defeated the Yunkish slavers and the Ghiscari, Quartheen and other allies of the slavers have been forced to retreat. Someone/some few people who are competent remain in Meereen to rule, or it is burnt to the ground with Yunkai, putting a "Fire and Blood" style ending to Slaver's Bay. I can't quite decide how Meereen will be resolved but I lean more towards a real and competent council remaining behind to govern it. The council Barristan calls seems quite competent, so hopefully something similar to that. The bulk of her forces are transported to Volantis, and she gives orders to her Khalasar's to ensure Slaver's Bay remains anti-slavery. She then embarks on her journey to Westeros, landing in several places across the continent as the GC did; an area spreading from Dragonstone to the Fingers

I agree that she will not go back to Meereen. we is done with that crazy place :)

hopefully her time with Drogon at his dragon cave and her miscarriage will make her realize what is important in life and that Meereen is not it, Daario is not it either. Everything she had with Daario bled out of her next to that river. My guess is that she won't ever see him again.

• 3 weeks later...

1st post, enjoyed reading several theory forums. I don't wanna speculate on too many things that could go one of 2 directions, but that being said, my predictions for WoW for a few characters:

Jon - warged into Ghost. I am guessing that he will never be "human" again, but could either be resurrected Coldhandsish or more likely to me, Stark Warg + Targ Dragon = 1 of a Kind Dragon Warg. I predict John lives in Ghost, gets guided by Bran, and is witness to the Wall being destroyed (no leadership and division in the ranks/infighting when the wights show up) and the spread of the white walkers. Of course someone needs to bring a dragon up north for some reason before he can warg into it. If not in WoW, then in DoS when Ice and Fire finally square off.

Cersei - Not so sure about her trial, but I'm guessing she wins in odd circumstances as Sandor Clegane who hears of the trial, leaves the sept, and travels to King's Landing as a sparrow in service to the church and volunteers/is appointed to represent the crown v. Robert Strong. The odd circumstances could be Strong's "beheading" which still ends in Sandor's defeat.

Later, and a prediction I feel better about, is that Cersei will destroy King's Landing as Aegon/Dornish/other enemies enter the city to conquer it. My idea is that she will flee the city with a small group including Tommen and let the city, the church, Tyrells, all the people, and her enemies burn. Tommen however will be separated from her at the last minute (maybe b/c he forgot ser pounce, lady whiskers, or boots) and get trapped in the blaze.

Ramsey - Not gonna predict the outcome of the battle near WF, but I predict the following survive: Roose and his wife (already otw to Dreadfort if I'm not mistaken), Ramsey, Big Walder, Stannis. The following die: Any other Freys, Wyman Manderly, all the Karstarks and Umbers. I'm not sure about Theon, Asha, Mance, and Robett Glover (the hooded man). Basically I see a lot of death with a lot of bodies waiting to become white walkers/wights/undead zombie folk. Wyman and the Umbers have all come prepared to die. Wyman got his son back and now has nothing to lose and wants revenge (he already cooked and ate 3 Freys). The Umbers have only sent the elderly men who, when its time to die, go on one last hunt and die in the wilderness. They're all there to take as many Freys with them as possible.

Roose is a survivalist and knows that he and Ramsey cannot coexist along with his pregnant wife/Frey alliance/fellow Northmen's objections to his son's behavior. Ramsey v. Roose will be in WoW. P.S. Ramsey killed lil' Walder. Maybe Roose lets the Freys know about that.

I'm hopeful that Nymeria encounters Sansa or Ghost/Summer or all of them together.

Arya - To get Arya to Westeros I agree, she'll get a name. She could lie and say she doesn't know a name even if she does, but what if the name is Alayne? And sorry for not knowing off the top of my head her bastard last name from the fingers. But, point being, if Sansa is named by her other name by someone (perhaps to keep a bastard girl from inheriting 1/2 the realm), her name would be Alayne, and this is someone that Arya does not know so she would take the "contract" After finding Sansa, this would lead Arya to have that moment that we all think has been foreshadowed when she goes back from no one to Arya Stark.

Of course I'm a sucker for a Stark reunion, so that bias may leak into my predictions. It's a sad story, and a realist should know better.

1st post, enjoyed reading several theory forums. I don't wanna speculate on too many things that could go one of 2 directions, but that being said, my predictions for WoW for a few characters:

Jon - warged into Ghost. I am guessing that he will never be "human" again, but could either be resurrected Coldhandsish or more likely to me, Stark Warg + Targ Dragon = 1 of a Kind Dragon Warg. I predict John lives in Ghost, gets guided by Bran, and is witness to the Wall being destroyed (no leadership and division in the ranks/infighting when the wights show up) and the spread of the white walkers. Of course someone needs to bring a dragon up north for some reason before he can warg into it. If not in WoW, then in DoS when Ice and Fire finally square off.

Cersei - Not so sure about her trial, but I'm guessing she wins in odd circumstances as Sandor Clegane who hears of the trial, leaves the sept, and travels to King's Landing as a sparrow in service to the church and volunteers/is appointed to represent the crown v. Robert Strong. The odd circumstances could be Strong's "beheading" which still ends in Sandor's defeat.

Later, and a prediction I feel better about, is that Cersei will destroy King's Landing as Aegon/Dornish/other enemies enter the city to conquer it. My idea is that she will flee the city with a small group including Tommen and let the city, the church, Tyrells, all the people, and her enemies burn. Tommen however will be separated from her at the last minute (maybe b/c he forgot ser pounce, lady whiskers, or boots) and get trapped in the blaze.

Ramsey - Not gonna predict the outcome of the battle near WF, but I predict the following survive: Roose and his wife (already otw to Dreadfort if I'm not mistaken), Ramsey, Big Walder, Stannis. The following die: Any other Freys, Wyman Manderly, all the Karstarks and Umbers. I'm not sure about Theon, Asha, Mance, and Robett Glover (the hooded man). Basically I see a lot of death with a lot of bodies waiting to become white walkers/wights/undead zombie folk. Wyman and the Umbers have all come prepared to die. Wyman got his son back and now has nothing to lose and wants revenge (he already cooked and ate 3 Freys). The Umbers have only sent the elderly men who, when its time to die, go on one last hunt and die in the wilderness. They're all there to take as many Freys with them as possible.

Roose is a survivalist and knows that he and Ramsey cannot coexist along with his pregnant wife/Frey alliance/fellow Northmen's objections to his son's behavior. Ramsey v. Roose will be in WoW. P.S. Ramsey killed lil' Walder. Maybe Roose lets the Freys know about that.

I'm hopeful that Nymeria encounters Sansa or Ghost/Summer or all of them together.

Arya - To get Arya to Westeros I agree, she'll get a name. She could lie and say she doesn't know a name even if she does, but what if the name is Alayne? And sorry for not knowing off the top of my head her bastard last name from the fingers. But, point being, if Sansa is named by her other name by someone (perhaps to keep a bastard girl from inheriting 1/2 the realm), her name would be Alayne, and this is someone that Arya does not know so she would take the "contract" After finding Sansa, this would lead Arya to have that moment that we all think has been foreshadowed when she goes back from no one to Arya Stark.

Of course I'm a sucker for a Stark reunion, so that bias may leak into my predictions. It's a sad story, and a realist should know better.

You seems slightly confused here, Sandor would be representing the Faith against Cersei; i.e. the Fath against the Crown. Robert Strong is Cersei's champion representing the Crown

I like much of this, with the exception of Sam and his prowess with a longbow. The Crows eye deserves a better death from someone with some skill at arms.

"Everyone present who has killed an Other please raise your hand.... Anybody?" answered Samwell Tarly. "Yeah, that's what I thought, bĂ­tches."

Archived