In the event that Stannis dies...

King.In.Yellow

Im sure stannis has a large part to play still. Once he get his sellswords he will be ready to handle the others or the tyrellisters. Or both, even if the north doesnt support him, I dont think he will need them. The fact is they need him at the moment. And because I can, some quotes from winds

Stannis bristled at that. "I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?"

"Bolton has blundered," the king declared. "All he had to do was sit inside his castle whilst we starved. Instead he has sent some portion of his strength forth to give us battle. His knights will be horsed, ours must fight afoot. His men will be well nourished, ours go into battle with empty bellies. It makes no matter. Ser Stupid, Lord Too-Fat, the Bastard, let them come. We hold the ground, and that I mean to turn to our advantage."

As for shireen:

"It may be that we shall lose this battle," the king said grimly. "In Braavos you may hear that I am dead. It may even be true. You shall find my sellswords nonetheless."

The knight hesitated. "Your Grace, if you are dead — "

" — you will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt."

Ser Justin put one hand on his sword hilt. "On my honor as a knight, you have my word."

Im sure stannis has a large part to play still. Once he get his sellswords he will be ready to handle the others or the tyrellisters. Or both, even if the north doesnt support him, I dont think he will need them. The fact is they need him at the moment. And because I can, some quotes from winds

Stannis bristled at that. "I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?"

"Bolton has blundered," the king declared. "All he had to do was sit inside his castle whilst we starved. Instead he has sent some portion of his strength forth to give us battle. His knights will be horsed, ours must fight afoot. His men will be well nourished, ours go into battle with empty bellies. It makes no matter. Ser Stupid, Lord Too-Fat, the Bastard, let them come. We hold the ground, and that I mean to turn to our advantage."

As for shireen:

"It may be that we shall lose this battle," the king said grimly. "In Braavos you may hear that I am dead. It may even be true. You shall find my sellswords nonetheless."

The knight hesitated. "Your Grace, if you are dead — "

" — you will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt."

Ser Justin put one hand on his sword hilt. "On my honor as a knight, you have my word."

Stannis's greatest hits, brought to you by Ero...

E-Ro,

Not if Val gets to Shireen first. :devil: Seriously, its not looking too good for little Shireen. Mance is still lurking nearby, do not forget that...

I disagree, I doubt he tries anything. Hes in winterfell, thats no really close. As for val, she has little power at the moment, so either shes killing a little girl with her own hands or shireen is going to be safe. I think its the latter.

I disagree, I doubt he tries anything. Hes in winterfell, thats no really close. As for val, she has little power at the moment, so either shes killing a little girl with her own hands or shireen is going to be safe. I think its the latter.

Isnt it Stannis' intent to take care of this Theon business and then get his arse to Winterfell to expell the Boltons? Hmmm?

Isnt it Stannis' intent to take care of this Theon business and then get his arse to Winterfell to expell the Boltons? Hmmm?

Seriously, your gonna fight me on this? Shireen is safe for the moment, and stannis has a very good plan.

If Stannis dies then Mel is in a big heap of trouble, she spent a good while preaching Stannis is AA and will save the seven kingdoms. Loyalists of Stannis just might want to see her dead due to his death but that is my opinion. Stannis dying will be positive for both Tommen and Aegon since Tommen has one less rebel to worry about and Aegon will not have another person to contend with him for The Iron Throne because in all honesty, a man like Stannis is unlikely to bend his knee to anyone at the moment. Stannis could die but i don't think it will be in the battle at Winterfell.

LONG LIVE STANNIS!!!!

I really wish GRRM didn't scrap the idea of introducing new characters besides prologues/epilogues in the upcoming books. I know that in a interview I read from 2001 or so when asked about upcoming new potential POV characters he said he was considering making Shireen and Kevan Lannister POVs eventually. Shame that never worked out. (when he said Kevan, something tells me he didn't mean as just a one-off chapter)

Sadness.

The main reason I feel like Stannis will win in the end is because nobody in the south is THINKING about Stannis. Everyone is fretting over Euron and soon-to-be (F)Aegon. That's why Stannis will win in the end.

I know, a terrible thought. But it is a possibility. The thing with Stannis is, he's not alone in his story arc. Following him is a retinue of characters important to the plot, including Melisandre, Davos Seaworth, Patchface, Shireen, Asha and Theon Greyjoy.

Such trivial thing like his liege's death isn't going to change Davos' loyalties (just as it didn't for Cortnay Penrose). He'll take command of what's left of Stannis' army, do what is necessary to cement his alliance with the North, and put Shireen on the throne... or die trying, which looks more likely. Which is even more depressing, with Stannis dead, Davos will have to work with Regent Selyse. Poor guy.

Mel will have a BSOD.

Selyse and Shireen right now have more pressing problems than whether Stannis survives the battle. Immediately after the last Jon chapter of ADWD, Castle Black is the second most interesting place in the world, after Hardhome.

As for the Greyjoys: Clayton Suggs will try to rape Asha, She-bear will crush Suggs like a bug, hard to speculate beyond that. Theon gets executed either way.

Patchface will stay as funny as he ever was.

Not gonna lie Id be fucking sad.

Still, that's no excuse for having a spoiler in your sig.

The main reason I feel like Stannis will win in the end is because nobody in the south is THINKING about Stannis. Everyone is fretting over Euron and soon-to-be (F)Aegon. That's why Stannis will win in the end.

Yes! Imagine the suprise when stannis wins, it will be epic.

Seriously, your gonna fight me on this? Shireen is safe for the moment, and stannis has a very good plan.

How is, about to get caught up in a brutal riot between bitter Crows and pissed off Wildlings safe?

I know, a terrible thought. But it is a possibility. The thing with Stannis is, he's not alone in his story arc. Following him is a retinue of characters important to the plot, including Melisandre, Davos Seaworth, Patchface, Shireen, Asha and Theon Greyjoy.

If Stannis does indeed lose the upcoming battle and die, what will happen to these characters?

What will Melisandre, convinced that Stannis is the messiah, do? Is it possible that she tries to resurrect him, or are their continued making of shadow babies somehow creating a reserve 'shadow Stannis' (related to Dany's prophetic dream: 'Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow.')? That sounds like 'the bitter end and then some' to me.

What will Davos Seaworth do? He'll obviously have no news of Stannis' demise until he's back from Skagos, but what will his next course of action be? He can't go back to his wife... he's an attained traitor. On the other hand, the world believes him dead, so he might try building a new life. Or he might remain loyal to Stannis' memory and try his hardest to seat Shireen on the Iron Throne.

What will Patchface, Shireen and Queen Selyse do? Obviously, there's some pretty bad mojo surrounding both Patchface and Shireen, the kind of bad mojo that can possibly influence the story further on. I doubt they'll be finished in the event of Stannis' death.

And finally, what will become of Asha and Theon Greyjoy? They're both captives of Stannis at this point. We know that Justin Massey covets Asha and we know the Northmen want Theon dead. Will they be able to weasel out of that one, or will they fall to their respective foes? I always thought that Asha and Theon might be able to invalidate Euron's kingsmoot, but they need Stannis' assistance to do that.

Feel free to add to my thoughts.

Note: I do not believe in the slightest that Stannis the Mannis will die, but I've been rather nasty to Dany and Jon fans lately, so I figured they need a bone, the poor devils.

Mel won't get there in time, she will go nuts and then turn to Jon and fuss around him.

If Davos brings Rickon, he's won the favor of the Manderlys, he'll serve them in WH.

Stan's family will be protected by Jon, or run off to Braavos.

Theon will die for sure and Asha will remain a hostage. Unless Bran interferes (we know he's watching).

How is, about to get caught up in a brutal riot between bitter Crows and pissed off Wildlings safe?

Becaus there are queens men there? The same guys that smashed mances host in the battle for the wall.

Hey E-Ro, just curious: Do you think that in the context of the books that Stannis is fucking Mel, or nay?

Just curious what you think and what your reasoning for thinking this is. It seems like all the "hints" that they're sleeping together are all ill informed judgments characters make, and details the author included that could go one way or the other, and was wondering what you thought.

Also, do you agree with me that Jon Snow and Stannis are going to have a good long shag when they see each other again?

Hey E-Ro, just curious: Do you think that in the context of the books that Stannis is fucking Mel, or nay?

Just curious what you think and what your reasoning for thinking this is. It seems like all the "hints" that they're sleeping together are all ill informed judgments characters make, and details the author included that could go one way or the other, and was wondering what you thought.

I do think they are sexing. The shadowbaby had to come from somewhere after all, and stannis does not find his wife very attractive. I dont think its a big deal that he does this though. I cant imagine why anyone would hold this against him.

Also, do you agree with me that Jon Snow and Stannis are going to have a good long shag when they see each other again?

A bro shag? Sure I could see that.

Archived