Jon Snow: King in the North or King in the South?

GarthKITN

Assuming Jon is still alive of course (and I have no doubt that he is), I feel like sooner or later Robb's will naming Jon as Jon Stark and King in the North has to come to the surface. Jon turned Stannis down as Lord of Winterfell but if it comes from Robb, if he knows that Robb's last wish was to name Jon his heir, and Jon is just coming off an assasination attempt at the hands of some of the Watch, I don't know if he'd make the same decisions again.

Now, on the other side of the coin, if the Rhaegar theory about Jon's parentage proves true, and Jon is the heir to the Iron Throne (know idea how he'd take it from Tommen/Aegon/Dany/whoever else, but bear with me), which way do you think he goes, assuming he leaves the Watch or is released somehow and is still alive of course? Do you think Jon could take the South and Rickon the North? I would love it, love it, if they have the chapter where Jon gets Robb's letter and even though he likes Stannis, rallies the North.

Or of couse, none of the above?

I had an idea that Jon, as LC will become King of the North, but not as Robb was.

I think The Wall or whatever remains of The Wall will become the new Capitol of The North and North of the Wall will become part of Jon's realm.

I think the position of LC and King of The North will merge together and that will be Jon's position.

That way Jon doesn't forsake his role as LC and honors Robb's wishes.

This also leaves WF open for one of the other Stark's to become Lord. So he wont "steal" their Birthright.

Jon sits the Iron Throne as King of Seven Kingdoms, including the North. Jon would take the Iron Throne if he thought it was the only way to hold back the Others as he can order the forces of the Seven Kingdoms north. as king

If Cersei burns KL and the Red Keep, Jon may keep his station in Winterfell while a new castle is being built in KL. He will serve as a surrogate father to Rickon, and look after him and the realm both from Winterfell.

I had an idea that Jon, as LC will become King of the North, but not as Robb was.

I think The Wall or whatever remains of The Wall will become the new Capitol of The North and North of the Wall will become part of Jon's realm.

I think the position of LC and King of The North will merge together and that will be Jon's position.

That way Jon doesn't forsake his role as LC and honors Robb's wishes.

This also leaves WF open for one of the other Stark's to become Lord. So he wont "steal" their Birthright.

I like this because it means Jon won't abandon the NW to take a ruling position. I don't buy into the whole if he is resurrected he gets out of his vow thing.

However, I think the wall is coming down by the end of the books so I don't think it will become the main headquarters of the North.

Jon sits the Iron Throne as King of Seven Kingdoms, including the North. Jon would take the Iron Throne if he thought he could hold back the Others if he orders the forces of the Seven Kingdoms north.

If Cersei burns KL and the Red Keep, Jon may keep his station in Winterfell while a new castle is being built in KL. He will serve as a surrogate father to Rickon, and look after him and the realm both from Winterfell.

No way.

No Stark would sit as ruler of the seven kingdoms.

It goes completely against their Stark-ness

I like this because it means Jon won't abandon the NW to take a ruling position. I don't buy into the whole if he is resurrected he gets out of his vow thing.

However, I think the wall is coming down by the end of the books so I don't think it will become the main headquarters of the North.

That's why I said "or whatever remains of The Wall" because I see North of The Wall joining The Kingdom of The North.

And Jon wouldn't want to steal one of "his Siblings" seat as Lord of WF once they're revealed to be alive.

They're repairing the other castles on the wall, so their will be something left even if The Wall falls.

Bugger that, assuming Jon makes it to the end he will then make a will and fake his death. Leave it all behind to go travel the Lands of Always Winter with Ghost. His heir will be Sam and he will then marry Arya and Dolorous Edd will be named Hand. That's just Edd's luck to get a job wiping the king's ass.

No way.

No Stark would sit as ruler of the seven kingdoms.

It goes completely against their Stark-ness

Jon's not a Stark. He would if he felt the need for it was great, and the only way to answer the incoming Long Night.

Jon's not a Stark. He would if he felt the need for it was great, and the only way to answer the incoming Long Night.

No matter who his bio-daddy is, he'll always be a son of Eddard Stark.

Jon will not accept being a Targ over a Stark.

He will always be a Stark.

My vote is for neither. If he lives, I don't see him forsaking his NW vows in favor of a kingship, even if it was bestowed by Robb. He takes those vows seriously, and I think he enjoys being a member of the NW and their LC and is the last person that wants to be a king.

My vote is for neither. If he lives, I don't see him forsaking his NW vows in favor of a kingship, even if it was bestowed by Robb. He takes those vows seriously, and I think he enjoys being a member of the NW and their LC and is the last person that wants to be a king.

That's why my idea is awesome :cool4:

Jon is going to take Quorin's advice that the fate of the realm is more important than his honor.

He will therefore accept Robb's will naming him the King in the North.

THEN

Rickon will be revealed and Jon's identity as Rhaegar's son will be revealed.

THEN

Jon will give Winterfell back to Rickon and take up the Iron Throne

THEN

Jon will lead the Seven Kingdoms in the War of the Dawn

THEN

Jon will die, the realm will break up for good and Rickon will continue as the King in the North at the end of the series.

Bittersweet result. The End.

I am shocked that people actually think Jon will sit The Iron Throne.

Jon belongs to The North, To The Wall.

How does it make sense for him to go South, a completely foreign place to him, away from the Threat of The Others to lead the 7 kingdoms against them.

The R+L=J reveal will do nothing to get Jon on the Throne.

\No one will believe it, it'll be for nothing more than to advance Jon's character and give him some sort of internal struggle.

Jon will realize he has a claim to the Throne and decide that he's a Stark and his place is in The North. Or some such thing.

There is no scenario where Jon going south makes sense.

How does it make sense for him to go South, a completely foreign place to him, away from the Threat of The Others to lead the 7 kingdoms against them.

\No one will believe it, it'll be for nothing more than to advance Jon's character and give him some sort of internal struggle.

Jon will realize he has a claim to the Throne and decide that he's a Stark and his place is in The North. Or some such thing.

It's not about him going south to sit his bottom on the comfy Iron Throne.

It's about him doing what is necessary to get the entire Realm united in the fight against the Others. He will go from Lord Commander of less than 1000 dregs of society, to Lord Commander of the 40 million people in Westeros.

You are correct that his future is not to sit the Iron Throne for the next 60 years of his life down in King's Landing, though. He will be a wartime King, like Robb was, and will die in the last book, having defeated the Others and having saved humanity.

So, while he will be the King of Westeros, he will spend that time mostly in the North, hardly ever setting foot in King's Landing.

I've always felt that Jon's story will mirror Maester Aemon in a way, provided he survives of course. He might be compelled by Robb's will to accept the Northern realm and this will give him the power status and assets to become on of the leaders, if not the principal figure, during the War for the Dawn. Later on, at the insistance of his bannermen, he might continue to sit the throne of the King in the North as a regent until Bran or Rickon are old enough. And then he will remove himself from Winterfell in fear that others might intend to use him to plot against his brother's reign, much like Maester Aemon stepped back when Aegon was crowned. He might renew hos vows to the NW, if it still exists and become the 1000 LC.

ETA- So despite having the potential claim for two thrones he ends up choosing a life of service and not one of power.

Except to seek aid from Dany and her dragons in use against the Others.

People may not believe Jon's claims even from eyewitness testimonies, but he would have to prove his heritage by mounting one of Dany's dragons.

Except to seek aid from Dany and her dragons in use against the Others.

People may not believe Jon's claims even from eyewitness testimonies, but he would have to prove his heritage by mounting one of Dany's dragons.

The third rider would nullify this point.

Jon is not the type to try and claim something like this.

If he gets the south to rally behind him it'll be through his accomplishments. Not his heritage.

Archived