Jon Snow: King in the North or King in the South?

GarthKITN

I seriously doubt Dany is just going to give Jon her dragons, maybe one; but not all of them. And I'm not sure how Jon giving Dany commands would go over.

I never said she was going to give him all her dragons. I think he is going to mount one as Dany's challenge to Jon would be to prove his heritage, that he has blood of the dragon, by mounting one of her dragons without the dragonhorn.

Dany would have to accept commands from Jon as he is her rightful king, and she believes that people should follow the rightful monarch which has been programmed into her since childhood. If she tries to dent Jon then she is no better than the Usurper.

• 7 months later...

I think that in the end no one will end up on the Iron throne and they will go back to separate kingdoms like before Targs. With that said I think he becomes the prince that was promised (Azor Ahai), and the King of Winter which will include the wall and north of the wall (maybe the iron islands). In the south the old Kingdoms will be more or less reestablished, (at least 4 kingdoms). So I think John Stark-Targaryen does become King of Winter, but I think he will establish a great keep at the location of the Nightfort and rule the areas above the wall as well.

• 1 month later...

Even if Jon is Rhaegar's son, he's not an heir. The throne is the Baratheons by right of conquest. Regardless, Jon is a bastard and he can't inherit. Yeah, Rhaegar and Lyanna might have possibly been married, but good luck convincing the entire population of Westeros that Ned Stark's bastard is actually Rhaegar and Lyanna's trueborn son. If no one could convince the whole realm that Joffrey, Myrcella, and Tommen are bastards, how could anyone possibly convince the entire realm that Jon is trueborn?

No, if Jon is going to be on the throne it won't be because he's Rhaegar's son. That will just be icing on the cake. Readers overlook the power of the people in Westeros. I think that in the end, the people will choose their king and who better than the bastard that defended the realm against the Others?

Robert did win the conquest but i believe he was accepted because of birthright meaning it is still the Targ bloodline

IT.

That's the real king of this castle right there … Older than sin and twice as mean. One time, the king was feasting the queen's father, and that black bastard hopped up on the table and snatched a roast quail right out of Lord Tywin's fingers. Robert laughed so hard he like to burst. You stay away from that one, child.

Archived