who is darkstar

jvking

No he doesn't dictate it, that's not what I was getting at, what I was getting at is that if you think that, you're wrong. It's also very obvious from that thread that GRRM has big things planned for Darkstar and Elio has knowledge of it, so you're foolish dream of Balon killing him will NEVER HAPPEN. EVER.

I'm sorry you feel the need to be such a spiteful, rude person over what is, at best, a fourth-tier character.

And that's the thing about "opinions," you see — there's no such thing as wrong or right. Funny how that works.

Also to ckal I actually think that Darkstar's intelligence will be shown and when Areo and Balon show up and find him Darkstar will turn them on each other by revealing it was Areo who killed Oakheart, and he will slip away unharmed to accomplish whatever badassery he set off to do.

However it happens, it is a certainty that Darkstar will come out on top as GRRM clearly intends for him to be a 'bad ass' character who is high capable of killing other 'bad ass' characters. He has dropped several hints to it so far and the Arianne TWOW preview chapter only furthers this line of thought.

Except when that "opinion" is from someone who has knowledge about what is coming. In that instance, there is a right, and there is a wrong (you). And me being spiteful has nothing to do with how horribly wrong you are about this, and I'll remind you at every opportunity until winds comes out, and then I'll continuously flame you until Dream comes out reminding you about how dumb you were.

Except when that "opinion" is from someone who has knowledge about what is coming. In that instance, there is a right, and there is a wrong (you). And me being spiteful has nothing to do with how horribly wrong you are about this, and I'll remind you at every opportunity until winds comes out, and then I'll continuously flame you until Dream comes out reminding you about how dumb you were.

Again, I'm sad for you that you have to resort to personal insults like this over a fictional character.

However it happens, it is a certainty that Darkstar will come out on top as GRRM clearly intends for him to be a 'bad ass' character who is high capable of killing other 'bad ass' characters. He has dropped several hints to it so far and the Arianne TWOW preview chapter only furthers this line of thought.

If Oberyn the guy who toyed with the baddest man on the planet is scared of Darkstar and 'WISHES' he would die (i.e. can't do it himself) then everyone else should be scared of him too.

If that's really how you feel then I feel sad for you that you've dedicated over 11,000 posts to fictional characters as you must hate yourself.

The vast majority of my posts deal with actual analysis and discussion, not calling other people "dumb" or "foolish." If you can't make your argument without insulting people, it must be a pretty weak argument indeed.

I could be totally cordial with everyone here for years and be fine, but this "dorkstar" thing that exists on this forum is so mindboggingly idiotic that I just can't help myself to point it out to you.

If you can't see that GRRM has big plans for Darkstar, you're moronical, and there's really nothing else I can add.

And there IS a right and wrong, neither of us just know it yet. But we will.

I'm sorry you feel the need to be such a spiteful, rude person over what is, at best, a fourth-tier character.

And that's the thing about "opinions," you see — there's no such thing as wrong or right. Funny how that works.

Red God-

This is a user who likes to be a hypocrite. They will be rude and disrespectful to you if you so much as disagree with them, and then in turn attempt to make you look like the bad guy here. I'm sure I will get a similar response from them, but this person feels that they know EVERYTHING that has and will happen in this series, and that anyone who disagrees with them is utterly wrong. There are no opinions as far as this person is concerned, only that people who disagree with them are wrong. But you should agree with them because of their ridiculous post count!

I could be totally cordial with everyone here for years and be fine, but this "dorkstar" thing that exists on this forum is so mindboggingly idiotic that I just can't help myself to point it out to you.

If you can't see that GRRM has big plans for Darkstar, you're moronical, and there's really nothing else I can add.

I'm sorry that you're so sensitive that a snarky nickname for a fictional character turns you into someone who would call another person "dumb" and "foolish" and "moronical" just because they don't share your opinion.

But you should agree with them because of their ridiculous post count!

I have never made any point based on my post count or other people's lack thereof. I've seen people make really good arguments who had few posts, and people with thousands of posts make weak arguments. I'll thank you not to accuse me of things that I haven't done.

i just don't believe that Darkstar is anything terribly special, and I'm sorry that my difference of opinion bothers you both that much.

You guys hate on Darkstar because he's cocky and then fails to kill a girl. Well it's spelled out for you CLEAR AS DAY, that it was basically a miracle she didn't die. Elio straight told you that repeatedly, and you can look better than me all you want with my no name recognition, but I guarangoddamntee if Elio is hinting that you guys are horribly wrong, then guess what Martini, you're wrong.

Like I said, IT'S NOT AN OPINION!!! It's an analysis of what we've read so far, there is a right answer, and you just can't see it because you're hung up on one line that doesn't even matter.

Red God-

This is a user who likes to be a hypocrite. They will be rude and disrespectful to you if you so much as disagree with them, and then in turn attempt to make you look like the bad guy here. I'm sure I will get a similar response from them, but this person feels that they know EVERYTHING that has and will happen in this series, and that anyone who disagrees with them is utterly wrong. There are no opinions as far as this person is concerned, only that people who disagree with them are wrong. But you should agree with them because of their ridiculous post count!

This is so absurd I had to comment.

You do see who's actually being the rude one in this conversation, don't you?

You guys hate on Darkstar because he's cocky and then fails to kill a girl. Well it's spelled out for you CLEAR AS DAY, that it was basically a miracle she didn't die. Elio straight told you that repeatedly, and you can look better than me all you want with my no name recognition, but I guarangoddamntee if Elio is hinting that you guys are horribly wrong, then guess what Martini, you're wrong.

Why is it that Elio's dedication to the series means that he must be right, but my "ridiculous post count" is being used to ridicule me?

It is also possible for Darkstar to do something else meaningful, and still die.

I haven't said anything about anyone's lack of posts or "no name recognition." Nor will I ever. So I'm going to guess that you're projecting.

Because Elio has obviously had a fucking conversation with the author about Darkstar and knows what is coming, he then obvoiusly can't spoil it for you but in a nice creator of the site type of way tells everyone who calls him dorkstar wrong. Do I need to spell it out for you?

I still don't see why you're letting it bother you this much. Frankly at this point it's almost funny. So some people might be wrong, why do you care so much to the point that you're willing to be deliberately rude over it?

And I respect Elio's access and his knowledge, but I'm not the type to let anyone dictate to me how I should or shouldn't feel about a character. And something tells me that Elio would agree with me — we should form our own opinions. I'm capable of making those judgments myself, and I'd rather be a wrong independent thinker than correct and so bitter that I have to insult people.

[MOD]

This topic is now locked, for the following reasons:

1. There have beenenough darkstar speculation threads for a while.

2. Posters are posting TWoW spoilers here. Doing so is a violation of the forum rules. It does not matter if chapters have been pre-released. Not everybody reads those pre-released chapters. please have some consideration for others.

3. The personal attacks in this thread are unacceptable.

Warnings and suspensions coming.

[MOD]

Archived