who is darkstar

jvking

He's Gerold Dayne, of a Dayne cadet house of High Hermitage. In his mid-twenties. Too old to be Aegon.

He's too old to be Aegon.

:agree:

He's far too old to be Aegon.

He is just a member of a cadet branch of House Dayne, with a major chip on his shoulder about something. Probably that he'll never be as awesome as his cousin Ser Arthur.

I think for some reason he wants vengeance against the lannisters.

What makes you think that? Pretty sure all he wanted was to cause war and have blood on his sword.

TWoW

Even Oberyn Martell himself described Darkstar as poison and would have liked for him to be killed.

This suggests that Darkstar is a very dangerous man who can never be trusted but I doubt he has extra motives.

That may be, but that doesn't mean he should be able to dictate people's opinions on characters.

No he doesn't dictate it, that's not what I was getting at, what I was getting at is that if you think that, you're wrong. It's also very obvious from that thread that GRRM has big things planned for Darkstar and Elio has knowledge of it, so you're foolish dream of Balon killing him will NEVER HAPPEN. EVER.

Breaking News: People have differences of opinion when it comes to which characters are or aren't ridiculous. Film at 11.

Ridiculous or not, Darkstar will be a pivotal character in TWOW and beyond, and one who kills 'named' characters to prove to the readers he is 'badass.'

Currently my opinion, but it will be fact sooner or later.

Archived