The Next Dead Stark

TheWOLFbeyondTHEwall

12 year olds in westeros marry, have sex, squire for knights in battle, and rule. Not to mention she is a Stark of Winterfell. Her crush cost her fathers life and was the first mistake in a long line of Tullyish decisions that put the family underground

Actually no, 12 year olds don't typically get married, that seems to be an infrequent occurrence, something that happens more frequently during turbulent times. After all, Robb, Margaery, etc. at all 16 and unmarried. Yes, they squire for knights, but no, 16 year olds do not rule, they aren't "of age"" yet.

She is a "Stark of Winterfell?" that is supposed to mean she can't screw up? How utterly silly. What cost Ned his life was going to Cersei himself and telling her his plans, not Sansa.

It's true that there are only two or three actual Starks dead (including Catelyn), and that's about the same as many of the other paramount houses of the books. But I think one of the reasons for everyone thinking that the Starks have suffered more than anyone because pretty much their entire castle has been wiped out and murdered or held captive. While everyone has more sympathy for the main Starks themselves, their tribulations affect a large number of other people.

Bran, Jon, Arya, and Sansa all repeatedly lament the fortunes of the people that made their home their home, from Gage making Sansa lemoncakes, to Old Nan telling Bran scary stories, to the guards chasing Arya around and calling her Arya Underfoot. That's what makes the whole Stark/Winterfell tragedy more devastating to me. The rest of the families have lost some main members (Robert Baratheon, Tywin Lannister, Oberyn Martell, Jon and Lysa Arryn, etc.) but Winterfell's ENTIRE population has been either murdered or taken captive at one of the scariest castles in the realm.

Yes, this just makes perfect sense. It's really the Stark deaths I can't wrap my head around. But you are definitely right about this.

Really? Cat is amazing, though. :wub:

I don't have any problem with Cat at all, either ^ ^

So, she once lashed out at Jon Snow while in a state of utter emotional turmoil. This apparently makes her worse than Ramsay...

That is an outrage... That list... Where is the better sense of people? ://

She is a Stark of Winterfell which means shes not any ordinary kid. She has been trained in the arts of court, prepped to be the wife of a lord or king, and more educated than most adults in Westeros. And anyone who doesn't see that Joffrey was a little piss ant should be dressed in motley. What is "utterly silly" is the notion that just because she is 12, she is completely innocent of ratting her father out to a family that she has known for five minutes. Robert and Jon planned on marrying Sansa before anything "turbulent" happened. "of age" simply means not physically mature. as soon as sansa had her moon blood she was "of age".

She is a Stark of Winterfell which means shes not any ordinary kid. She has been trained in the arts of court, prepped to be the wife of a lord or king, and more educated than most adults in Westeros. And anyone who doesn't see that Joffrey was a little piss ant should be dressed in motley. What is "utterly silly" is the notion that just because she is 12, she is completely innocent of ratting her father out to a family that she has known for five minutes. Robert and Jon planned on marrying Sansa before anything "turbulent" happened. "of age" simply means not physically mature. as soon as sansa had her moon blood she was "of age".

Yes, and I'm sure you grew up in a fancy suburban house with two cars and a white picket fence but that doesn't mean that you never disobeyed your parents or had stupid crushes as a preteen.

I doubt any more of them will die. I also hope that they don't. It's time for the Lannister deaths to begin. Also the Boltons and Freys are gonna die soon. But if any more Starks die, its:

Most likely dead by the end: Jon, Arya (please no!)

Most likely alive by the end: Rickon, Sansa

The mods have a ban in place on hate threads, one of the best decisions ever IMO.

It's not just the number of Stark deaths, it's everything added up together:

1. Ned is killed in front of his daughters after the agreement to take the black just because of Joff and LF

2. Robb isn't just killed, he's murdered under guest right and then has his head chopped off and replaced with the head of Grey Wind.

3. Catelyn is killed but first has to see what she believes is her last remaining child killed in front of her. Then, she's dumped naked in a river in an obvious mockery of Tully funeral rights.

4. Jon was attacked by his own men and may or many not be dead, we won't officially know for years.

5. Bejen has been missing for years now, in service to the NW.

6. Ned lost his father, brother, and sister in RR and we saw how much of an impact that had on him.

7. Sansa was left alone in KL where she was beaten regularly and subject to abuse in all forms.

7. Bran was shoved off a tower in a murder attempt that left him without the use of his legs, destroying many of his hopes and dreams.

9. Arya was witness to horrors and violence, almost killed, and beaten. Then, she got so close to her mother at the RW and all hopes dashed.

10. Rickon was left childless while practically still a baby and who knows what he has been through.

Unlike the Baratheon, Lannister, or Martell families, the Starks weren't involved in some grand scheming for revenge, starting wars over family pride, or willing to kill siblings to get the throne.

And to answer the OP, I fall in the no more dead Starks camp. I prefer not to think about which of them might die next.

I agree totally. Can't bear to think of another Stark dead. It just hurts so much.

I am terrified for Arya though. I really really hope she makes it back to her family alive and with her sanity intact. But she's been through so much, and the faceless men are trying to remove her sense of self, I don't know how it can work out well but I'm hoping.

Reading through this thread has got me thinking and I noticed something.

In AGoT, two Starks supposedly died. Benjen and Ned. Now, if Benjen is alive (or undead) as many believe, then I guess it counts as 1.5 Starks dead?

Then in ASoS, Robb and Cat died. But Cat is brought back, again an undead, so 1.5 Starks dead again.

But in ADwD, only Jon died (supposedly, I don't think he's really dead). No other Starks are dead, unless Rickon's complete disappearance counts? Or maybe Sansa's morphing into Alayne Stone counts as a type of death?

I do think Cat is going to die, she has to if she's going to get any peace but I don't think Jaime's going to do it. I think Brienne is going to kill her. Brienne swore herself to Cat, just as Jaime swore himself to Aerys, but then Aerys turned into a monster, just as Cat has turned into a monster. I think Brienne's going to have to kill Cat and only then will she genuinely understand the sacrifice Jaime made when he broke his oath to Aerys.

Archived