Could Rhaego be Alive?

Damon_Tor

Heh. Never really thought of this one, I guess Rhaego would have been a good hostage to dissuade dragonfire but nobody knew shed have dragons until after he was "dead". I mean cmon, he'd not even be able to form full sentences by the end if the series so he wouldn't make much a development unless he was directly used against Dany somehow.

*right before Dany on Balerion roasts jhaqos khalasar he holds up a child, with copper skin like drogo and her own silver hair*

"Lemme just whip this baby out of the papoose I always wear, just in case I ever meet his super-pissed dragon queen mama again."

I'm pretty sure Drogo, Rhaego, and Mirri were burned in the pyre in order to awaken three dragons from their petrified eggs. Whether Daenerys meant to do that or not, that's what it took - a life for a life.

Sorry to disappoint you but nowhere in the text is a body of Rhaego mentioned, let alone being put on the pyre, that's the whole point of the argument "no body was ever seen" so it cannot be ruled out at this point.

I would actually love someone to ask GRRM about this in an interview, if it was part of the 5 year gap & he did drop the idea (quite likely, I agree) I don't think he would deny it if he was asked straight out at this stage.

I don't believe that the Aegon plot was a substitute, I think it's so Varys & illyrio that it was always part of the books.

• 3 weeks later...

I have started to believe it too.In house of the Undying Dany is told she will see things that are shadows of events that have not yet come to happen.She sees among all a man with silver hair and bronze skin.If her son died she wouldn't have seen a vision of what he could have been because at that moment she sees past + future (for example she sees Viserys dying and then sees the slaves calling her Mhysa)

Archived