What's in Winterfell crypts?

King Tyrion VIII

I think lightbringer is hidden inside Lyanna's statue. and when Jon finds out who his mother is he's going there with a vengeance. Like Robb beating that tree when Ned died, Jon is going to beat that statue - and there will be the sword in the stone.

Why lightbringer would be at Lyanna´s statue, tomb or even in Winterfell?

Just a crackpot or ay info in the books

I think lightbringer is hidden inside Lyanna's statue. and when Jon finds out who his mother is he's going there with a vengeance. Like Robb beating that tree when Ned died, Jon is going to beat that statue - and there will be the sword in the stone.

King Jon Pendragon, First of his name, Protector of all England.

F'in awesome!! I could see it...

"Suddenly, his body began to glow as lightning began to crackle along the dark blade. Hodor's face became slack, eyes wide as boiled eggs, as he watched in wonder at the now glowing sword, pulsing with light and bursting with color. A faint hum steadily grew louder until the world exploded into light, and the darkness was instantly replaced by a blazing sunrise. The wall sparked with a crystal radiance that neither the youngest or the eldest of the black brothers had ever before beheld. The Others froze in midstride, their faces contorted terror and the memory of a distant agony. Hodor stood slowly upright, and gripping the now white hot sword, lifted it over his head and with a thundering roar, yelled "HOOOOODDDDOOOOOOORR". The sound of that single word seemed to shake the very earth, and like the most delicate glass, the others began to shatter, one by one, in glittering shards of icy dust"

That would be EPIC! Hodor as Azor ""Rainman" Ahai.

There's also the chance that, since Winterfell was built atop a hot spring, there could be active geological features at the lower level of the crypts - which would probably be useful since the watch needs Obsidian in order to fight the Others.

I think the lower levels of the crypts would be filled with hot water and the smell of sulfur. I really don't think it's a good idea to do too much digging near a geothermal feature (unless you're building a powerplant, that is).

Ding! Ding! Ding! I believe someone just correctly guessed TWOW prologue.

Yay what do I win?

Ok I like this alot :)

There's only one problem with Athur Dayne's sword Dawn being Lightbringer. He returned the sword to Starfall after the events of the tower of Joy. That means it can't be at the crypts of winterfell.

I always had a bad feeling that the Others will send a scouting party to slip beneath the wall using those old catacombs and one will come out in the depths of that crypt. Then they will have this entire warehouse of stored corpses as a ready made assault force for storming Winterfel. It might be though that the spirits of those corpses are strong willed enough that once the Wight Walkers raise them from the dead, they end up being a bunch of self aware zombies like Coldhands and slaughter the White Walkers for disturbing their rest and attempting to invade their homeland.

You do realize it's over 500 miles in a straight line from Castle Black to Winterfell?

the more ancient crypts are partially collapsed and no one goes down there. In this area I suspect may be cave drawings depicting the long night, Brandon the builder, "the last hero" and the victory over the others, The raising of the wall, winterfell and the children of the forest. IN these deep, ancient crypts is the chronicle of the Starks and the Rise of the Kingdom of Winter.

Because he most likely is the epicenter for the northern part of the series

He is most certainly the most central character in the far north, but having every prophesy, every outcome and every situation needing to have some focus on him in some way is rather silly.

And I've been seeing an awful lot of it.

I believe the crypts of Winterfell are a place of very high magic (maybe it doesn't actually have any magic objects but it certainly holds an important place in the hisrtory of Winterfell. I strongly believe that when Winterfell was built, the COTF warded Winterfell with magic to protect it against the others and I think that the center of that magic lies within the crypts of Winterfell.

This actually ties in to anothert thread we started about a month ago called "The mystique of the North"

I also believe that the suprisingly cold winter is tied to this magic and to fact that "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell" but thats a different topic for a different thread . . .

Because Lyanna told Ned more than "Promise me Ned." i think she said this child was extremely important in prophecy. when Jon was born, i believe Arthur Dayne's sword became so brilliant that Howland Reed was able to slice through the Targ Kingsguard. Jon and Ned travelled home with that sword hidden because it has something to do with Jon. azor a'hai. and The Night's Watch. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn.

...what? Where would Ned have got Lightbringer from?

...what? Where would Ned have got Lightbringer from?

In his spare time Mikken and he decide they would forge it for shits and giggles. I can just see them giggling over it like school girls.

Ned-"Oh, Mikken this is so much fun, your my BFF."

Mik- "Hehehe, I know. Now let's go play hide and seek with it in the crypts."

Archived