Some concerns about having kids

Nichole

@Nichole-

Parents have an extremely clouded perspective on the debate of whether or not to have children. For me, to consider not being a parent is to consider the non-existence of the person who is to me the most precious in the world.

At the same time, all the difficult, negative aspects of parenthood you are contemplating are absolutely real. In reality they're probably more difficult than you are imagining. You are not obligated to have children. It is an enormous amount of work and sacrifice. And you would most likely be doing more of the working and sacrificing than your husband. If you don't want kids and he does, it's not really something that it's possible to meet each other half-way on.

@Nichole-

Parents have an extremely clouded perspective on the debate of whether or not to have children. For me, to consider not being a parent is to consider the non-existence of the person who is to me the most precious in the world.

At the same time, all the difficult, negative aspects of parenthood you are contemplating are absolutely real. In reality they're probably more difficult than you are imagining. You are not obligated to have children. It is an enormous amount of work and sacrifice. And you would most likely be doing more of the working and sacrificing than your husband. If you don't want kids and he does, it's not really something that it's possible to meet each other half-way on.

Getting a dog?

Holy necromancy, Batman!

That's what I was thinking.

And I have a dog. And two cats. Got the pet thing covered already. I suffer from no illusions that having children is anything like having pets. I can leave my pets alone for hours while I got to work. You cannot do that with a baby.

And I have a dog. And two cats. Got the pet thing covered already. I suffer from no illusions that having children is anything like having pets. I can leave my pets alone for hours while I got to work. You cannot do that with a baby.

I'm sure the cats and the dog could be trained to look after the baby. Well, the dog at least.

Sure you can!

:leaving:

Archived