ASOIAF Elimination Game XL: Best Quotes (Part V - ADWD)

Turinqui-Calima

Heal 22; Hurt 23

1. Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy and let the man be born. 3

2. Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother. 8

3. A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. 4

4. Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong. 6

5. So young. Though mayhaps this was a blessing. Had he lived, he would have grown up to be a Frey. 5

6. I should be with them… but no, I had to have a whore. Kinslaying was not enough, I needed a cunt and wine to seal my ruin, and here I am on the wrong side of the world, wearing a slave collar with little golden bells to announce my coming. If I dance just right, maybe I can ring The Rains of Castamere. 5

7. Not to say that the wildlings mean us harm. Aye, we hacked their gods apart and made them burn the pieces, but we gave them onion soup. What’s a god compared to a nice bowl of onion soup? 5

8. Give me priests who are fat and corrupt and cynical the sort who like to sit on soft satin cushions, nibble sweetmeats, and diddle little boys. It’s the ones who believe in gods who make the trouble. 3

9. Aye, men are dying. More will die before we see Winterfell. What of it? This is war. Men die in war. That is as it should be. As it has always been. / Do you want to die, Wull? / I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. 5

10. She wants fire, and Dorne sent her mud. You could make a poultice out of mud to cool a fever. You could plant seeds in mud and grow a crop to feed your children. Mud would nourish you, where fire would only consume you, but fools and children and young girls would choose fire every time. 3

11. The North remembers, Lord Davos. The North remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home. 8

12. Only cowards dress in iron. / This coward is about to kill you, ser. 5

13. What does Stannis offer you? Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers. Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance! 7

14. You are the blood of the dragon, you can make a hat. 4

15. Men live their lives trapped in an eternal present, between the mists of memory and the sea of shadow that is all we know of the days to come. 4

16. Oh. 5

15. "Five thousand is an insult!" Tyrion called out. "I joust, I sing, I say amusing things. I'll fuck your wife and make her scream. Or your enemy' s wife if you prefer, what better way to shame him? I' m murder with a cross-bow, and men three times my size quail and tremble when we meet across a cyvasse table. I have even been known to cook from time to time. I bid ten thousand silvers for myself! I'm good for it, I am, I am. My father told me I must always pay my debts." 5

18. You took me unawares. I was not told of your coming. / And I seem to have prevented yours. 3

19. Dead men don’t claim vengeance./Their sons do./Not if you kill the sons as well. Ask the Casterlys about that if you doubt me. Ask Lord and Lady Tarbeck, or the Reynes of Castamere. Ask the Prince of Dragonstone. 7

20. I am Cersei of House Lannister, a lion of the Rock, the rightful queen of these Seven Kingdoms, trueborn daughter of Tywin Lannister. And hair grows back. 5

21. I'm not him. I'm not the turncloak, he died at Winterfell. My name is Reek. It rhymes with freak 5

22. Theon, my name is Theon. You have to know your name. 10+

23. You will never walk again...you will fly. 3 -

24. Until the Mountain crushed my brother's skull, no Dornishmen had died in this War of the Five Kings. Tell me, Captain, is that my shame or my glory? 5

25. We live closer to the green in our bogs and crannogs, and we remember Earth and water, soil and stone, oaks and elms and willows, they were here before us all and will still remain when we are gone. 5

26. Place was overrun with rats when we moved in. The spearwives killed the nasty buggers. Now the place is overrun with spearwives. There's days I want the rats back. 5

27. "This is going to end badly." / "You say that of everything." / "Aye, m’lord. Usually I’m right." 5

28. A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf's Den before the old gods and the new. When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves tooks us in and nourished us protected us from our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we would always be their men. Stark men! 4

29. Where is this Dothraki sea? I will sail the Iron Fleet across it and find the queen wherever she may be.” / “That would be a sight worth seeing. The Dothraki sea is made of grass, fool. 3

30. He knows what it is like to be hungry, to be hunted, to be afraid. Tommen has been taught that kingship is his right. Aegon knows that kingship is his duty, that a king must first, and live and rule for them. 5

Heal 11 hurt 23 please

Heal 13, Hurt 14

1. Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy and let the man be born. 3

2. Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother. 8

3. A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. 4

4. Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong. 6

5. So young. Though mayhaps this was a blessing. Had he lived, he would have grown up to be a Frey. 5

6. I should be with them… but no, I had to have a whore. Kinslaying was not enough, I needed a cunt and wine to seal my ruin, and here I am on the wrong side of the world, wearing a slave collar with little golden bells to announce my coming. If I dance just right, maybe I can ring The Rains of Castamere. 5

7. Not to say that the wildlings mean us harm. Aye, we hacked their gods apart and made them burn the pieces, but we gave them onion soup. What’s a god compared to a nice bowl of onion soup? 5

8. Give me priests who are fat and corrupt and cynical the sort who like to sit on soft satin cushions, nibble sweetmeats, and diddle little boys. It’s the ones who believe in gods who make the trouble. 3

9. Aye, men are dying. More will die before we see Winterfell. What of it? This is war. Men die in war. That is as it should be. As it has always been. / Do you want to die, Wull? / I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. 5

10. She wants fire, and Dorne sent her mud. You could make a poultice out of mud to cool a fever. You could plant seeds in mud and grow a crop to feed your children. Mud would nourish you, where fire would only consume you, but fools and children and young girls would choose fire every time. 3

11. The North remembers, Lord Davos. The North remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home. 9 +

13. What does Stannis offer you? Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers. Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance! 8 +

14. You are the blood of the dragon, you can make a hat. 3 -

15. Men live their lives trapped in an eternal present, between the mists of memory and the sea of shadow that is all we know of the days to come. 4

16. Oh. 5

15. "Five thousand is an insult!" Tyrion called out. "I joust, I sing, I say amusing things. I'll fuck your wife and make her scream. Or your enemy' s wife if you prefer, what better way to shame him? I' m murder with a cross-bow, and men three times my size quail and tremble when we meet across a cyvasse table. I have even been known to cook from time to time. I bid ten thousand silvers for myself! I'm good for it, I am, I am. My father told me I must always pay my debts." 5

18. You took me unawares. I was not told of your coming. / And I seem to have prevented yours. 3

19. Dead men don’t claim vengeance./Their sons do./Not if you kill the sons as well. Ask the Casterlys about that if you doubt me. Ask Lord and Lady Tarbeck, or the Reynes of Castamere. Ask the Prince of Dragonstone. 7

20. I am Cersei of House Lannister, a lion of the Rock, the rightful queen of these Seven Kingdoms, trueborn daughter of Tywin Lannister. And hair grows back. 5

21. I'm not him. I'm not the turncloak, he died at Winterfell. My name is Reek. It rhymes with freak 5

22. Theon, my name is Theon. You have to know your name. 10+

23. You will never walk again...you will fly. 2 -

24. Until the Mountain crushed my brother's skull, no Dornishmen had died in this War of the Five Kings. Tell me, Captain, is that my shame or my glory? 5

25. We live closer to the green in our bogs and crannogs, and we remember Earth and water, soil and stone, oaks and elms and willows, they were here before us all and will still remain when we are gone. 5

26. Place was overrun with rats when we moved in. The spearwives killed the nasty buggers. Now the place is overrun with spearwives. There's days I want the rats back. 5

27. "This is going to end badly." / "You say that of everything." / "Aye, m’lord. Usually I’m right." 5

28. A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf's Den before the old gods and the new. When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves tooks us in and nourished us protected us from our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we would always be their men. Stark men! 4

29. Where is this Dothraki sea? I will sail the Iron Fleet across it and find the queen wherever she may be.” / “That would be a sight worth seeing. The Dothraki sea is made of grass, fool. 3

30. He knows what it is like to be hungry, to be hunted, to be afraid. Tommen has been taught that kingship is his right. Aegon knows that kingship is his duty, that a king must first, and live and rule for them. 5

Heal 4

Hurt 18

4. Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong. 7 +

11. The North remembers, Lord Davos. The North remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home. 9

13. What does Stannis offer you? Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers. Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance! 8 +

14. You are the blood of the dragon, you can make a hat. 3 -

16. Oh. 5

18. You took me unawares. I was not told of your coming. / And I seem to have prevented yours. 2 -

22. Theon, my name is Theon. You have to know your name. 10

23. You will never walk again...you will fly. 2

Heal 22

Hurt 8

4. Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong. 7

8. Give me priests who are fat and corrupt and cynical the sort who like to sit on soft satin cushions, nibble sweetmeats, and diddle little boys. It’s the ones who believe in gods who make the trouble. 2 (-)

11. The North remembers, Lord Davos. The North remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home. 9

13. What does Stannis offer you? Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers. Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance! 8

14. You are the blood of the dragon, you can make a hat. 3

16. Oh. 5

18. You took me unawares. I was not told of your coming. / And I seem to have prevented yours. 2

22. Theon, my name is Theon. You have to know your name. 11 (+)

Heal 13

Hurt 22

4. Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong. 7

8. Give me priests who are fat and corrupt and cynical the sort who like to sit on soft satin cushions, nibble sweetmeats, and diddle little boys. It’s the ones who believe in gods who make the trouble. 2

13. What does Stannis offer you? Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers. Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance!9 (+)

16. Oh. 5

18. You took me unawares. I was not told of your coming. / And I seem to have prevented yours. 2

22. Theon, my name is Theon. You have to know your name. 10 (-)

heal 9 hurt 22

8. Give me priests who are fat and corrupt and cynical the sort who like to sit on soft satin cushions, nibble sweetmeats, and diddle little boys. It’s the ones who believe in gods who make the trouble. 2

9. Aye, men are dying. More will die before we see Winterfell. What of it? This is war. Men die in war. That is as it should be. As it has always been. / Do you want to die, Wull? / I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. 6 (+)

13. What does Stannis offer you? Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers. Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance! 9

16. Oh. 5

22. Theon, my name is Theon. You have to know your name. 9 (-)

Heal 28

Hurt 10

9. Aye, men are dying. More will die before we see Winterfell. What of it? This is war. Men die in war. That is as it should be. As it has always been. / Do you want to die, Wull? / I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. 6

10. She wants fire, and Dorne sent her mud. You could make a poultice out of mud to cool a fever. You could plant seeds in mud and grow a crop to feed your children. Mud would nourish you, where fire would only consume you, but fools and children and young girls would choose fire every time. 2-

13. What does Stannis offer you? Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers. Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance! 9

16. Oh. 5

22. Theon, my name is Theon. You have to know your name. 9

28. A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf's Den before the old gods and the new. When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves tooks us in and nourished us protected us from our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we would always be their men. Stark men! 5+

Jw and mst. I also changed 30, it is now the correct quote.

2. Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother. 7 (-)

6. I should be with them… but no, I had to have a whore. Kinslaying was not enough, I needed a cunt and wine to seal my ruin, and here I am on the wrong side of the world, wearing a slave collar with little golden bells to announce my coming. If I dance just right, maybe I can ring The Rains of Castamere. 6 (+)

9. Aye, men are dying. More will die before we see Winterfell. What of it? This is war. Men die in war. That is as it should be. As it has always been. / Do you want to die, Wull? / I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. 6

10. She wants fire, and Dorne sent her mud. You could make a poultice out of mud to cool a fever. You could plant seeds in mud and grow a crop to feed your children. Mud would nourish you, where fire would only consume you, but fools and children and young girls would choose fire every time. 2-

11. The North remembers, Lord Davos. The North remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home. 10 (+)

15. Men live their lives trapped in an eternal present, between the mists of memory and the sea of shadow that is all we know of the days to come. 3 (-)

16. Oh. 5

28. A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf's Den before the old gods and the new. When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves tooks us in and nourished us protected us from our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we would always be their men. Stark men! 5+

30. He knows what it is like to be hungry, to be hunted, to be afraid. Tommen has been taught that kingship is his right. Aegon knows that kingship is his duty, that a king must put his people first, and live and rule for them. 5

Heal 23

Hurt 8

2. Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother. 7

6. I should be with them… but no, I had to have a whore. Kinslaying was not enough, I needed a cunt and wine to seal my ruin, and here I am on the wrong side of the world, wearing a slave collar with little golden bells to announce my coming. If I dance just right, maybe I can ring The Rains of Castamere. 6

8. Give me priests who are fat and corrupt and cynical the sort who like to sit on soft satin cushions, nibble sweetmeats, and diddle little boys. It’s the ones who believe in gods who make the trouble. 1-

11. The North remembers, Lord Davos. The North remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home. 10

15. Men live their lives trapped in an eternal present, between the mists of memory and the sea of shadow that is all we know of the days to come. 3

16. Oh. 5

17. "Five thousand is an insult!" Tyrion called out. "I joust, I sing, I say amusing things. I'll fuck your wife and make her scream. Or your enemy' s wife if you prefer, what better way to shame him? I' m murder with a cross-bow, and men three times my size quail and tremble when we meet across a cyvasse table. I have even been known to cook from time to time. I bid ten thousand silvers for myself! I'm good for it, I am, I am. My father told me I must always pay my debts." 5

23. You will never walk again...you will fly. 3+

30. He knows what it is like to be hungry, to be hunted, to be afraid. Tommen has been taught that kingship is his right. Aegon knows that kingship is his duty, that a king must put his people first, and live and rule for them. 5

Including KingGendry

Heal 9

Hurt 6

2. Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother. 7

6. I should be with them… but no, I had to have a whore. Kinslaying was not enough, I needed a cunt and wine to seal my ruin, and here I am on the wrong side of the world, wearing a slave collar with little golden bells to announce my coming. If I dance just right, maybe I can ring The Rains of Castamere. 5 -

8. Give me priests who are fat and corrupt and cynical the sort who like to sit on soft satin cushions, nibble sweetmeats, and diddle little boys. It’s the ones who believe in gods who make the trouble. 0 -

9. Aye, men are dying. More will die before we see Winterfell. What of it? This is war. Men die in war. That is as it should be. As it has always been. / Do you want to die, Wull? / I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. 7 +

11. The North remembers, Lord Davos. The North remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home. 10

15. Men live their lives trapped in an eternal present, between the mists of memory and the sea of shadow that is all we know of the days to come. 3

16. Oh. 5

17. "Five thousand is an insult!" Tyrion called out. "I joust, I sing, I say amusing things. I'll fuck your wife and make her scream. Or your enemy' s wife if you prefer, what better way to shame him? I' m murder with a cross-bow, and men three times my size quail and tremble when we meet across a cyvasse table. I have even been known to cook from time to time. I bid ten thousand silvers for myself! I'm good for it, I am, I am. My father told me I must always pay my debts." 5

23. You will never walk again...you will fly. 3

24. Until the Mountain crushed my brother's skull, no Dornishmen had died in this War of the Five Kings. Tell me, Captain, is that my shame or my glory? 6 +

28. A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf's Den before the old gods and the new. When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves tooks us in and nourished us protected us from our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we would always be their men. Stark men! 5

Heal 11

Hurt 15

9. Aye, men are dying. More will die before we see Winterfell. What of it? This is war. Men die in war. That is as it should be. As it has always been. / Do you want to die, Wull? / I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. 7

10. She wants fire, and Dorne sent her mud. You could make a poultice out of mud to cool a fever. You could plant seeds in mud and grow a crop to feed your children. Mud would nourish you, where fire would only consume you, but fools and children and young girls would choose fire every time. 2

11. The North remembers, Lord Davos. The North remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home. 11+

15. Men live their lives trapped in an eternal present, between the mists of memory and the sea of shadow that is all we know of the days to come. 2-

16. Oh. 5

24. Until the Mountain crushed my brother's skull, no Dornishmen had died in this War of the Five Kings. Tell me, Captain, is that my shame or my glory? 6

28. A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf's Den before the old gods and the new. When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves tooks us in and nourished us protected us from our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we would always be their men. Stark men! 5

heal 9 hurt 16

me and mst

6. I should be with them… but no, I had to have a whore. Kinslaying was not enough, I needed a cunt and wine to seal my ruin, and here I am on the wrong side of the world, wearing a slave collar with little golden bells to announce my coming. If I dance just right, maybe I can ring The Rains of Castamere. 5 -

9. Aye, men are dying. More will die before we see Winterfell. What of it? This is war. Men die in war. That is as it should be. As it has always been. / Do you want to die, Wull? / I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. 8 (+)

10. She wants fire, and Dorne sent her mud. You could make a poultice out of mud to cool a fever. You could plant seeds in mud and grow a crop to feed your children. Mud would nourish you, where fire would only consume you, but fools and children and young girls would choose fire every time. 2

11. The North remembers, Lord Davos. The North remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home. 11 (+)

15. Men live their lives trapped in an eternal present, between the mists of memory and the sea of shadow that is all we know of the days to come. 2 (-)

16. Oh. 4 (-)

24. Until the Mountain crushed my brother's skull, no Dornishmen had died in this War of the Five Kings. Tell me, Captain, is that my shame or my glory? 6 +

Heal 19

Hurt 29

Score coming up in a minute.

1. Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy and let the man be born.

2. Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother. 6 (-)

6. I should be with them… but no, I had to have a whore. Kinslaying was not enough, I needed a cunt and wine to seal my ruin, and here I am on the wrong side of the world, wearing a slave collar with little golden bells to announce my coming. If I dance just right, maybe I can ring The Rains of Castamere. 3 (-)(-)

9. Aye, men are dying. More will die before we see Winterfell. What of it? This is war. Men die in war. That is as it should be. As it has always been. / Do you want to die, Wull? / I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. 8

11. The North remembers, Lord Davos. The North remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home. 13 (+)(+)

15. Men live their lives trapped in an eternal present, between the mists of memory and the sea of shadow that is all we know of the days to come. 3 (+)

16. Oh. 4

19. Dead men don’t claim vengeance./Their sons do./Not if you kill the sons as well. Ask the Casterlys about that if you doubt me. Ask Lord and Lady Tarbeck, or the Reynes of Castamere. Ask the Prince of Dragonstone. 8 (+)

24. Until the Mountain crushed my brother's skull, no Dornishmen had died in this War of the Five Kings. Tell me, Captain, is that my shame or my glory? 6

29. Where is this Dothraki sea? I will sail the Iron Fleet across it and find the queen wherever she may be.” / “That would be a sight worth seeing. The Dothraki sea is made of grass, fool. 2 (-)

ETA: Jay Stark, StannisEndGame and Jaime's Wench votes included.

Archived