My Personal Predictions for the first part of the WoW

Veltigar

Totally agree with that. Who is the red lamb again? Also,I am one of those people who don't think Dany will land at the Vale. Why should she? Dragonstone sounds a better place, just take the eyrie creepy dragon castle over and then announce the dragons have returned. Much easier way to get to Kings Landing, which is likely the place she would strike at first, or at least talk to Faegon if he is already king.

Oh, My sweet summer child the Red Lamb is a prototype BAMF. He's one of Barry's squires and one of the three who are ready for knighthood. He's a Lambman (duh, the name) but instead of being passive, peacefull and understanding, he's ferocious, strong and filled with anger, rage and hope of vengeance. You should check the summary of the two Barrychapters out (post 15 of this thread http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/81338-twow-spoilers-barristan/), that's where the Red Lamb truelly becomes awesome. His actions and quotes are hands down the best that we have seen in the giftchapters (his quotes in this chapter will probably make it into a top 10 ASOIAFquotes).

Totally agree with that. Who is the red lamb again? Also,I am one of those people who don't think Dany will land at the Vale. Why should she? Dragonstone sounds a better place, just take the eyrie creepy dragon castle over and then announce the dragons have returned. Much easier way to get to Kings Landing, which is likely the place she would strike at first, or at least talk to Faegon if he is already king.

I don't think Dragonstone is a lickely place for her to land and to stop at all. She might take it because it has symbolic value and leave a token force there, but dragonstone isn't suited for the massive army she brings with her. When Dany's fleet arrive she'll need;

1) A big port where she can safily unload all of her Freedmen, Dothraki, Unsullied and mercenaries => Gulltown

2) A place where she can resupply and let her people rest for a bit => Vale, untouched by war, has a lot of food left

3) Gulltown remained loyal to the Targs during Bobs Rebellion. So, she might presume she has allies

4) Tyrions tacticle brilliance. I assume that Faegon will take the Stormlords and the Reachmen. If Dany wants to counter that she'll need the untapped power of the Vale of Arryn (+ she needs to add some natives to her party). Tyrion knows that they have a boy lord who is easy to influence, he knows LF is there (and he would like to meet him again to "talk" about their past arguments).

5) The Vale is a fortress an sich. And from the Vale, Dany threatens KL from an unexpected side, she's also close to the Riverlands and the North, two Kingdoms with close ties to the Vale who aren't happy with Lannister rule. They also wouldn't be happy with Faegon rule sinds he sides with the southerners who took away everything.

6) Lack of altenatives: Dorne is for Faegon (+to isolated), she isn't going to land on the Westcoast (George already confirmed that), the Stormlands are Faegons, the North is to isolated and the Crownlands would be a rehash of Blackwater + she won't have time to put op a base of operations that she needs to fight of Faegon (she's to close).

7) IIRC one of the Blackfyre Rebellions started with Bittersteel landing at Gulltown, so it would make a nice parallel.

[EDIT: changed the bolt part from reach to vale]

I don't think Dragonstone is a lickely place for her to land and to stop at all. She might take it because it has symbolic value and leave a token force there, but dragonstone isn't suited for the massive army she brings with her. When Dany's fleet arrive she'll need;

1) A big port where she can safily unload all of her Freedmen, Dothraki, Unsullied and mercenaries => Gulltown

2) A place where she can resupply and let her people rest for a bit => Vale, untouched by war, has a lot of food left

3) Gulltown remained loyal to the Targs during Bobs Rebellion. So, she might presume she has allies

4) Tyrions tacticle brilliance. I assume that Faegon will take the Stormlords and the Reachmen. If Dany wants to counter that she'll need the untapped power of the Vale of Arryn (+ she needs to add some natives to her party). Tyrion knows that they have a boy lord who is easy to influence, he knows LF is there (and he would like to meet him again to "talk" about their past arguments).

5) The Reach is a fortress an sich. And from the Vale, Dany threatens KL from an unexpected side, she's also close to the Riverlands and the North, two Kingdoms with close ties to the Vale who aren't happy with Lannister rule. They also wouldn't be happy with Faegon rule sinds he sides with the southerners who took away everything.

6) Lack of altenatives: Dorne is for Faegon (+to isolated), she isn't going to land on the Westcoast (George already confirmed that), the Stormlands are Faegons, the North is to isolated and the Crownlands would be a rehash of Blackwater + she won't have time to put op a base of operations that she needs to fight of Faegon (she's to close).

7) IIRC one of the Blackfyre Rebellions started with Bittersteel landing at Gulltown, so it would make a nice parallel.

Good points, maybe she would take over dragonstone first as a poetic and symbolic thing for Westeros though, but gulltown i guess is a likely first invasion point

Good points, maybe she would take over dragonstone first as a poetic and symbolic thing for Westeros though, but gulltown i guess is a likely first invasion point

I'm glad you liked it.

Hey there - I liked your predictions, well thought out. I agree with most of them too. I'm going to think about them some more tonight. Just wondering, did anybody ever wonder when Varys says "for the children" that he really means, his family? Like fAegon - if Varys is related to him (he might be his uncle) then the "for the children" comment may not mean the realm's children (or the greater good), but those related to him by blood now (fAegon) and future generations (fAgeon's potential heirs)?

I guess that just occured to me, as I also believe that there is truth behind the words spoken by Varys - its how we interpret them as the reader. Hmm...sorry...probably other people have already pointed this out. This dawned on me while reading the predictions.

Hey there - I liked your predictions, well thought out. I agree with most of them too. I'm going to think about them some more tonight.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.

Hey there - I liked your predictions, well thought out. I agree with most of them too. I'm going to think about them some more tonight. Just wondering, did anybody ever wonder when Varys says "for the children" that he really means, his family? Like fAegon - if Varys is related to him (he might be his uncle) then the "for the children" comment may not mean the realm's children (or the greater good), but those related to him by blood now (fAegon) and future generations (fAgeon's potential heirs)?

I guess that just occured to me, as I also believe that there is truth behind the words spoken by Varys - its how we interpret them as the reader. Hmm...sorry...probably other people have already pointed this out. This dawned on me while reading the predictions.

I'm not sure what he meant with it, he could be referring to his own miserable childhood (and that of his sister). You know, taking revenge for the child filled with dreams that he once was, before his balls got cut off because he had Kingsblood and before his sister was forced to prostitute herself. But he could also mean Faegon and his heirs. As long as we all agree that he wasn't talking about the poor children in the realm I can live with anything that George throws at us ;)

• 1 year later...

1: You put far too much value on the Ironborn , who have sent a big portion of their fleet east

2:What on earth would Sam be doing in Storm's End?

3:Considering Arianne is now on board with her father's plan .. why would she raise the Dornish against the Iron Thrones after having provided valuable hostages in the Sand Snakes who arrived at King's Landing??

4:What reason would Darstark have to kill Doran and how will he cut through his guards?Why would Septa Lemore be Ashara Dayne? Who wants yet another death-fraud?

6:a)The whole theory about Boltons beeing eradicated and Ramsay beeing flayed is 100% fan-wish , which is understandable ,however Roose knows better and the Boltons still have considerable forces

b) ..You assume that the Manderlys will side with Stannis when Lord-too-fat-to-sit-a-horse clearly told Davos that they will only do that if he finds Rickon.(more likely they will allow Stannis and Bolton to bleed each other out while they join with the northmen around WInterfell)

8:.What makes you believe Randyll Tarly is such a believer?

9:Jaimie doesn't know about Gendry.. and doesn't have neither Renly's armor nor Robert's hammer...

10:How will Sansa see the man that LF is when she knows he killed Jon Arryn , Lysa Tully,Dontos Hollard and doomed the Marillion guy and implies killing off little Robert and she still sees him as her only friend?

11:Syrio is definetely dead..with so many "ressurections" it would be stupid to have another one because then there is no real danger for anyone..Plus nothing suggests otherwise!

12: Ser Brynden could never hope to find Greywater's Watch and even if he could , there is not much love between riverlanders and crannogmen ( nobody likes crannogmen except the Starks)!

13:You talk about Theon on the wall when he is about to be sacrificed in Stannis' camp?

14:Any reason-motive for the dusky woman to slay Victarion, with what strength?Why wait until now to off him?

15:How do you support the Val- priestess theory?

The ironborn sent their best 100 ships east. They have many more ships, and though they are not the best ironborn fleets, they are better than most other fleets in the 7K.

It think that Sam could very well be captured by Euron when the Ironborn attack Oldtown. If he attacks and Sam has just stopped Jaqen/Alchemist/Pate from stealing The Death of Dragons, Euron would then be in possession of that book, which could make things very interesting. I think the Ironborn attack and Jaqen's theft attempt could happen simultaneously while the Archmaesters are busy in Conclave to pick Pycelle's successor as Grand Maester.

Bolton sent out half his forces-the troublesome half. He still has thousands of men in Winterfell. There would need to be a Ruse against Roose, which could easily happen for him to take Winterfell. I think Stannis will win Winterfell, and side with the North. When the snow melts from this storm, he will march on his next foe, Walder Frey. I believe Stannis will just make it out of the North before winter gets really bad, thus preventing him from returning to the Wall, which I think he wants to do at some point. I believe Manderly's plan involves marrying Lord Rickon Stark to Princess Shireen Baratheon and having King Stannis succeeded by King Rickon on the Iron Throne. And if Stannis doesn't win, well Rickon is still Lord of Winterfell.

I think Littlefinger will let slip at some point that he was the one who convinced Joffrey to kill Ned (he could tell Sansa she has the soft heart of woman-starts a conversation that makes here suspicious) and betrayed Ned when he tried to arrest Joffrey.

And Brienne figured out who Gendry's father is when she met him.

Asha wants Theon executed at a heart tree, and Bran may be able to communicate with them there. Why would they execute him for killing Bran if they know Bran is alive?

Very Interesting.

Although, I don't believe Jon is dead. Injured yes, but too much has been made of that attack, I think. He has one nasty wound, which was the gut punch. One was a slash or cut, and the blow between the back is as vague as it can be.

TBH - Only the cold... I see a wall chapter picking up with the continued fight.

Jon speaks Ghosts name, he does not think it. Either way it is an odd thing to do in the middle of that attack. But since he spoke Ghost's name, it is likely that Ghost is very close by and that someone, Mel perhaps, let Ghost out.

That could be one reason why Jon only felt the cold, because everyone was distracted by Ghost's onslaught. Or.... In Tolkien-like moment (think Rohan), the horn blows and the Others have arrived outside the wall. It would explain why Jon never felt the forth knife, and it would explain why he felt the cold. Either way, the scene is a TBC of sorts, and it seems more or less that Jon's attackers were distracted by something else.

As one poster mentioned elsewhere a dozen or so times, dead people don't feel the cold.

this is my first time posting on this forum i have an idea how i think it will play out i dont have all the loose end tied up and some i think are irrelevant to the main story.

my idea is this that the magic in the book is a bit like electricity with two poles or generators ie the far north and valerya with the power flowing from one to the other this sustains all magic life in the lands and when the cotf broke at arm of dorne it cut the circuit .so jon leaves his body to enter ghost and then starts comunicating with bran who fills him in on the back story of the others and how they lived in pease with the cotf untill the breakinf of the arm and then they started to change and there numbers dwindle they use blood magic to top up the magic they need to survive while the cotf are fealing guilty about this and have decided to just fade away as the latent magic in the world is used up.on the other side of the world this lead to the doom of valeria by that pole of the magic over heating this i think is why we have long summers and long winters the magic is not flowing as it should but pulsing . so sam figures out how the magic works in oldtown either by books of piecing together maesters experiments and he deduces that the wall is like a battery holding a huge amount of magic that is currently feuling the wards but can be harnessed elsewhere so with this info he heads back to the wall he gets there about the time arya and the brovos sell swords do . jon natural body healing or mell by this time have healed jons body allowing him to come back to it most of the watch has fleed or move to factions at other castles and the wildlings are spreading south jon and sam piece there stories together and in comunication with bran decide to release the magic of the wall to allow the cotf to fix the arm of dorne they blow thye horn release the magic and the wall starts to crumble ..mel sees this as her opertunity to be a hero and make rhillor the one true god so she harnesses the free power and strikes at the others doing them great damage but not finishing them .the others swarm to the wall jon arests mel disbands the watch and takes everyone he can and heads to stanis in winterfell .stanis has captured winterfell and ousted the boltans but ramsey and some of his men still roam the area . jon mel sam arya the sell swords and remaining men wilding and night watch make it to winterfell with the others army in hot persuit the besiege winterfwell but its ancient magic keeps them at bay so most of there army head south sacking all before them all the way down to the capital and towards storms end destroying and killing in there wake making a huge army .most of the human armies are in the south fighting amongst them selves they try to engage to others singily and keep getting pushed back to stormsend fighting a reargaurd action many of the civilians head to dorne for it is the last safe place . the human armies are loosing the battle whn dany arrives with her dragons to shore up the defences . the dragons are effective but to few and the others army just keeps getting bigger . meanwhile little finger over plays his hand in the vale in some way (raping sansa killing sweet robin etc) and flees or is killed leaving sansa in charge . a ship from dragon stone lands in the vale with dragon glass and the info of how to use it and they ride to battle picking up jamie and the bwb and the blackfish along the way they use gurilla tattics on the flanks of the others army . rickon and davos arrive in winterfell trough a seceret entrance and unlock some secrets of winterfell finding a source of magic . a plan is hatched that a force from winterfell will head to the cotf get some of them and travel to dorne and try with the lesser power of winterfells magic to fix the arm of dorne they fight there way north then all the way south to dorne .when they get there rickon still in winterfell releases the magic the cotf thy to raise the arm but the magic is not enough then dany arrives with to dragons and they add there magic to the cause succedeing in raising the arm and restoring the low of magic to the land but killing jon dany and the cotf that came with them and the two dragons . the others retreat leaving the humans to pick up the pieces the end

well the devil is certainly in the detail and i have some of the sub plotlines worked out kind of lumped bwb and black fish into sansa story line but i fighure they needed something to do and sansa need a battle comander ie blackfish to guide her someone she could trust and jamie and brinne need some more time together doing something right in order to get redemption they would be helping refugees and taking pressure off the main millitary force in storms end . i think the infighting in storms end will throw up allot or twists in the race for the iron throne but all the people with a claim need to be brought together to fight it out of killed off on the outside by the others.Time is getting late with only two books left it needs to come together in order to get a good ending that wont seem forced

Wow, talk about a blast from the past. My last post in this thread is more than a year old. I haven't read all the new responses in this thread (truth be told, I should reread the OP, since I have tweaked and changed my predictions since then), but I'll try to eventually. I don't know when I'll get around to it though, pretty busy at the moment.

5) The Vale is a fortress an sich. And from the Vale, Dany threatens KL from an unexpected side, she's also close to the Riverlands and the North, two Kingdoms with close ties to the Vale who aren't happy with Lannister rule. They also wouldn't be happy with Faegon rule sinds he sides with the southerners who took away everything.

[EDIT: changed the bolt part from reach to vale]

I would be ok with this just to see LF's cringeworthy reunion with Tyrion.

Archived