Jons parents are Ned and Wylla, (F)Aegons parents are Rhaegar and Lyanna

Ser Grimes

1. GRRM said that Jon's parents are a secret and not yet revealed.

2. The Actor who plays Theon Greyjoy asked GRRM about Lord Snow's real parents and he said that it was similar to Luke Skyywalker/Darth Vader . . it's not who you are told it is.

3. Jon is a Stark but not Lord Eddard's son. Lord Eddard loved Ashara Dayne but is a man of honor who would never break a marriage vow to Catelyn.

Whenever one of these X+X = J thread pop up, I always have 2 questions:

1) Does it fit in the timeline?

and

2) Does it explain why Ned refused to tell Jon who his mother was?

Your theory potentially fits 1, but it most definitely does not fit 2.

I don't recall Jon ever asking

What if Jon and Aegon are twins by Rheagar and Lyana, Septa Lemore is Ashara Dayne and the real Aegon did die with his sis and mom.

Why wouldn't Ned take both with him if that's the case?

"Promise me, Ned. Promise me that you'll protect and care for Jon here, and oh yeah, you can just throw away this other baby wherever."

I don't recall Jon ever asking

Dang, if only Jon would have just asked Ned who his mother was he wouldn't have had to spend all of that time agonizing over the mystery.

In that case, why wouldn't he have just told Cat when she asked him (and she most definitely did)? Or why would it have had to be a secret at all?

Why wouldn't Ned take both with him if that's the case?

"Promise me, Ned. Promise me that you'll protect and care for Jon here, and oh yeah, you can just throw away this other baby wherever."

How does separating them protect them at all? Why are "Ashara" and Fake Aegon helping Varys? Attempting to take the Iron Throne by force is a great way to stay protected.

Dang, if only Jon would have just asked Ned who his mother was he wouldn't have had to spend all of that time agonizing over the mystery.

In that case, why wouldn't he have just told Cat when she asked him (and she most definitely did)? Or why would it have had to be a secret at all?

If Jon is a Targ Ned was keeping the secret of his parentage because Robert wanted every Targ killed. That is why Lyanna begged him to not tell anyone the truth. After a number of years it probably became harder for Ned to tell anyone that Jon is actually a Targ. It's not that hard to believe.

I'm only new to the boards, and I'm not in a position of moderation or anything BUT: there is a pinned thread about R+L=J and its associated theories, wouldn't it be better to use those rather than create two new threads fifteen minutes apart?

Gods I have not seen this twin theory in a week, of course I have been on R+L=J thread either. Before the end of the page I bet someone brings up the Meera as a twin, and by the end of the 2 page the the triplets Jon/FAegon/Meera theory will be made.

This is cover in R + L = J thead, they will let you know why it doesn't work.

In AGOT he asked Ned "Is my mother alive,does she know where i'm going,does she even care".

Ned promised him next time they spoke he would talk to him about his mother....But as we know next time never came.That's as close as he came to asking him.

Archived