Deaths in The Winds of Winter

King of Winters

- Daario

- UnCat

- UnGregor

Really, they are the only characters who I am happy to see gone as early as TWoW.. There are characters I want to die in ADoS (Ramsay, Cersei, Littlefinger, some others), because I think they're interesting and either have more storyline to contribute or their deaths will be more meaningful if they're at the end of the series, but not many in TWoW.

There are far more characters who I do not want to see die but suspect will:

- Tommen and his kittens

- Jaime

- Brienne

- Loras

- Jorah

- Ser Barristan

Well, a Stark death is kind of a tradition for these books so I'm guessing one more Stark by series end will be joining Robb and Ned. I'd probably say any of them but Sansa- I can't see her dying.

Also, Cersei will be going and if Jamie is the one to kill her then he'll probably follow her to the grave. However, I'd rather he lived, mourning for his dead children and killing his sister, it would be more dramatic in the long term.

However, these deaths will probably be in the final book but you never know.

Restricting myself to point-of-view characters, both former and present, I think the following have the best chance of dying in the next book (although my confidence in that outcome differs between them):

Catelyn Tully

Cersei Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Aeron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Jon Connington

I am even less sure about Brienne of Tarth, Barristan Selmy and Areo Hotah. I have a hard time envisioning a purpose for them going forward but am unsure whether they will simply die or not. So far, the rule has been that point-of-view characters do not simply disappear. They either die or they continue, including Catelyn, who was discontinued as a point-of-view but had to actually die beforehand. If that rule holds true, then the three aforementioned characters will die as well.

- Barristan and Victarion are both killed during the battle for Meereen (Victarion kills Barristan and is then killed himself by one of Dany's dragons after someone blows the horn)

- Stannis executes Theon under the Weirwood tree (Asha then takes over as the primary POV for Stannis' camp)

- Stannis and Ramsay are both killed during the battle for Winterfell

- Sweetrobin is poisoned by Sansa

- Areo is killed by Darkstar (please for the love of all that's holy)

- Jon is officially dead and gets resurrected by Melisandre

Brienne will survive to the end and we'll finally see Tarth (I HOPE!) She also needs to avenge Renly, kill Stannis.

My idea is that Arya will kill Tommen. We can be sure that she only returns to Westeros as a Faceless Assassin with somebody to kill. It would be interesting for her to live with herself for killing the purest Lannister.

We still haven't gotten to see Balon Swann fight yet! I'd think he lived but he's a Kingsguard and thats par for that course.

Arya or Sansa (not both) dying in ADoS would be the coup de grace, but I'm hoping the remaining Starks stay in WF and happy ending.

Someone blows the horn, its gonna be a major character. Does it happen in Meereen or in Westeros? Do they do it for Dany or against her? I thought it would be for Dany, and either Victarion with a promise for her to kill Euron for him, or Selmy in selfless self sacrifice.

-Most or all of the Frey family in a Frey wedding massacre

-Davos- mentoring Stark children is a deadly profession and he should be able to get to Rickon by TWOW

-Theon

-Asha (50/50- she'll either finally be released in this book or killed)

-Victarion probably by Euron

-Littlefinger? How much longer can Sansa really be a captive of someone or another in these books?

-Ramsey Bolton

-Roose Bolton

-Jeyne Poole

ETA: Selmy- he wants to tell Dany about Westeros and she keeps pushing him off, so I pretty sure he will be dead before Dany lands in Westeros, and will then no longer be able to have him as a source of information regarding her father.

Archived