Casterley Rock - S*** into Gold?

yolkboy

What's really beneath Casterley Rock? It's a mystery.

I've read about people in the middle ages being obsessed with alchemy, turning one substance to another... the philosophers stone etc.

There were even alchemists who thought Gold could be made from excrement.

Infact there are some who still believe that today....

http://www.huffingto..._n_1024363.html

In relation, several things in the text have aroused my suspicions.

The 'bowels' of Casterley Rock being frequently referred to

Tyrion fixing the sewerage system

Lannisters having almost infinite wealth

The jokes about Tywin Lannister 'shitting gold'

My theory is that the mines of Casterley Rock have long been barren, and much like the alchemist guild of Kings Landing makes wildfire from pigshit, the Lannisters have an order turning poop into gold. All down in the bowels of Casterley Rock.

Perhaps Tywin Lannister really does shit gold.

I finally know what it feels like to read a theory based on a number of coincidences which I categorically refuse to believe.

There are plenty of Lannister-shit connections in the series though. I wouldn't doubt if there ends up being some revelation at the end, like there's nothing beneath Casterly Rock but shit. -i.e., that there is no more gold.

OP, I would work on a different conclusion, but I think you could possibly be onto something wrt to Lannister-shit.

There are plenty of Lannister-shit connections in the series though. I wouldn't doubt if there ends up being some revelation at the end, like there's nothing beneath Casterly Rock but shit. -i.e., that there is no more gold.

That one I can accept, but the OP.. please tell me you're trolling, because damn..

Well, you might be on something with this. There's a symbolism to be explored between Lannister shitting and their reserve of gold. And if we consider Freud's hypothesis on the anal phase on childre, Tyrion making the shit flow as never before in Casterly Rock could be assimilated to him depleting it of its gold (via the Second Sons or his involvement with Dany?)

Archived