What if R+L=J is wrong how will fans react

The Black Hawk

This would be a good news

explaination:

-I dont want Jon to be a *was already decided thousand years ago and daddy knew it* hero. I want him to be a Bastard hero. I want him to save the world by his own effort without having ppl saying "yes he tried hard but if he wasnt a targ he would have failed)"

-I want him to become so great that at the end of the story (if he still live), to create his own House

That would be great but he is the LC of the NW. So he cannot create his own House. I mean Jon is great but he has a Job to do.

Or he dies from his wounds at the end of ADWD. We have to wait till GRRM finished TWOW

Lets see how many fans would react to the biggest question in the story and they answer was wrong

That's surely not the biggest question in the story. Neither to my mind is the succession to the Iron Throne. I guess for me the biggest question of the story is what kind of a closure can there be after all that has happened that would be both intellectually satisfactory and still not overly dismal... Sometimes I feel that I really don't get Martin at all: why this army of characters, all this abundance of twists and turns, this labyrinthine, gigantic storyline, why the grim, grim realism of a medieval society in the midst of mad, corrupt noble bloodletting combined with even quite silly magic things and beings. Why all that, to what single purpose? Tolkien had it pretty craftily hidden too, but you can still see it in the story. I have to say about ASOIAF that I don't simply see an ending as yet - I guess I just have to wait for the Master to finish...

• 2 years later...

I hate the idea that you need to have this special targaryan bloodline to fulfill either prophecy. I like b + a = j because it would allow jon to be named sword of the morning, there would be no debate about it if the dayne family felt he was worthy to wield dawn, but people will debate this azor ahai and prince that was promised thing even after the series is concluded.

Mild annoyance. I'd lose all respect I have for the author, though.

This.

I hate the idea that you need to have this special targaryan bloodline to fulfill either prophecy.

Well that's because one of the prophecies, if the figures are different, appears to be a Targaryen-centered prophecy (PtwP). If they're the same, then it still has to be either Jon or Dany because of the GoHH's claim that the Prince would be born from the line of Rhaella and Aerys.

Mild annoyance. I'd lose all respect I have for the author, though.

Agree for the most part.  I don't think I'd lose all respect, but he better have a damn good explanation for what was up with Ned's ToJ dream then.  And why Jon kept popping up in Mel's visions.

Agree for the most part.  I don't think I'd lose all respect, but he better have a damn good explanation for what was up with Ned's ToJ dream then.  And why Jon kept popping up in Mel's visions.

See, I can't imagine there is one. It might be due to my lack of imagination, but somehow, I don't think so.

Archived