[BOOK SPOILERS] Do you think this will be.....

Am I crazy to think that Ep. 7 could be the RW? After all aren't they singing the Bear and the Maiden Fair at the RW when everything goes to hell? I understand the theory of saving it for Ep. 9 or 10 but there has to be some clean up duty after they kill off two main characters..

They do sing the Bear and the Maiden Fair, but it's The Rains of Castamere that they start playing when the shit actually hits the fan. Plus it's basically confirmed that RW will be episode 9.

They do sing the Bear and the Maiden Fair, but it's The Rains of Castamere that they start playing when the shit actually hits the fan. Plus it's basically confirmed that RW will be episode 9.

agreed, its pretty clear. also after reading some interviews about season 3 its so heavily implied when they talk about one trumatic scene that left many cast members rather upset, which they would be given a person they have been working with from day dot will be leaving... it really cant not happen, also there is the name of the episode, kinda a hugely awesome give away

Wait -- they're doing the Tyrion/Sansa wedding this season? Doesn't that happen a while after the Red Wedding in the books -- and the next episode is The Rains of Castamere -- which is probably the Red Wedding. Are they really messing with the chronology that much? o_0

No, Tyrion marries Sansa and everyone's annoyed that he hasn't sealed the marriage by boinking a 10 year old. Then they hear that Robb is dead and Joffrey talks back to Tywin and gets sent to his room. Then they tell Tyrion he needs to hurry up and secure the marriage. Tyrion sarcastically comments that he wonders if Sansa will be more fertile before or after they tell her her brother and mother are dead.

I also wonder if Arya will get nabbed by the Hound. I'm basing that more on pacing than the title, although it kind of works. It seems like Arya doesn't have much more to accomplish with the Brotherhood, other than probably being there for the confrontation between Mel/Thoros/Gendry. Maybe something about how all of that goes down will upset her and make her run off.

But going off of titles, S+T makes more sense for "Second Sons."

I also wonder if Arya will get nabbed by the Hound. I'm basing that more on pacing than the title, although it kind of works. It seems like Arya doesn't have much more to accomplish with the Brotherhood, other than probably being there for the confrontation between Mel/Thoros/Gendry. Maybe something about how all of that goes down will upset her and make her run off.

But going off of titles, S+T makes more sense for "Second Sons."

I think Arya will be nabbed by the hound next episode. I just don't see her being around for the Mel/Gendry scenes even though they will be completely new material so who knows. It also seemed like her final scenes with Gendry and Beric/Thoros happened last night as well.

I think this will refer to:

T+S wedding.

Brienne and Jaime

Jorah being expelled by Dany. Or something else happening with them. Maybe when he kisses her?

Same here. We all know that the titles are catchy and do not necessarily pertain to a single character only so perhaps our exiled bear knight will be expelled by the maiden fair with the silver hair will happen this episode. Looking forward to Brienne and the bear's scene.

I think the title could refer to Arya and the Hound, as well as the bear pit obviously. It seems like the tension between Barristan Selmy and Jorah Mormont is setting up Jorah being cast out a bit sooner then it happened in the books too.

What I remember is being exposed to the song at King's Landing - maybe at Tyrion and Sansa's wedding, as many have said. But then I remember it being refered to a number of other times in the book. Wasn't it a song that Mance sung (in book) and also that Anguy/Thoros, et. al. were singing just before they met up with Arya?

Yes, the song pops up a LOT throughout the book. It's like the Westeros version of the pop hit that's on every radio station.

This episode will feature :

- Queenscrown events.

- Bear pit.

- Tywin and Joffrey.

- Melissandre and Gendry.

- Sansa depressed about her wedding prospect.

For sure.

But also maybe : Dany finding Jorah's betrayal, Daario introduction, Arya and the Hound on the road.

Felt to me like Barristan knows about Jorah's treachery, and telling him "You shouldn't be with us when we go to Westeros" was him giving him an out.

If that's what he was doing, I would like that. Since they can't have a "gasp, this old dude is barristan!" moment. So just have them get into an argument later on and have him blurt it out. When Jorah says something like how much he cares for her or something and how Barristan just showed up and thinks he's the shit. So Barristan kinda sarcastically responds with that fact and says he tried to give him an opportunity to leave with some dignity. Or something. I don't know.

Felt to me like Barristan knows about Jorah's treachery, and telling him "You shouldn't be with us when we go to Westeros" was him giving him an out.

Yeah, I get you....but I also kind of feel like, who would know? Ned, Robert and Renly are all dead. Pycelle is a non-factor. And it is essentially Varys who Jorah is reporting to.

No, Tyrion marries Sansa and everyone's annoyed that he hasn't sealed the marriage by boinking a 10 year old. Then they hear that Robb is dead and Joffrey talks back to Tywin and gets sent to his room. Then they tell Tyrion he needs to hurry up and secure the marriage. Tyrion sarcastically comments that he wonders if Sansa will be more fertile before or after they tell her her brother and mother are dead.

Sansa is 13 and flowered. Which is why Tywin wants Tyrion to "boink" her. A son would give the Lannisters an heir to Winterfell.

Okay? I understand why he wanted him to have sex with her. I was responding to a comment that they messed up the timeline. I'm pointing out that it's not messing with the timeline of events by explaining the timeline. Tyrion are married and have been married for a bit by the time the Red Wedding happens. Enough for Tywin to be annoyed that he hasn't had sex with her yet.

And I'm pretty sure he was pressuring him to have sex with her so that it'd be harder to annul the marriage.

This episode will feature :

- Queenscrown events.

- Bear pit.

- Tywin and Joffrey.

- Melissandre and Gendry.

- Sansa depressed about her wedding prospect.

For sure.

But also maybe : Dany finding Jorah's betrayal, Daario introduction, Arya and the Hound on the road.

What makes you think Queenscrown wiill be this episode? I think it will be later.

Daario is introduced in ep 8.

Well, this was the GRRM episode originally called "Autumn Storms", and it was supposed to have a lot of rain in it... well, Queenscrown perfectly fits and I could understand why GRRM was given this scene : it is a great one... and it fits in time.

What Jorah did is well known among the high lords, even if it's not among the commoners. The big houses are all like a bunch of high school kids. Barristan's point was that among the people who decide where the troops go, Jorah's presence would not be appreciated.

I thought Barristan's point was that Jorah's presence wouldn't be appreciated because he was an exiled slaver, not because anyone knew Jorah was Vary's spy. Varys kept that sort of thing close to his chest.

So do a lot of people think that Barristan really does know, he was just saying he didn't? That doesn't seem very Barristan-like.

Archived