Coster-Waldau on Conan O’Brien

Westeros

He really gives good interviews. Or rather, he DID give really good interviews. He has a very Scandinavian way about him (always blunt, tells the truth) and I'm sure the PR people and his handlers are horrified. Being on TV, even latenight, and telling the story about being stoned on hash brownies? Or telling a magazine about contracting two different VD's from the same chick at the Roskilda music festival? Or how about owning up to vandalism that cost a ton of money to fix at government buildings?? LOL

I LOVE him. I wish he wouldnt' change.

He really gives good interviews. Or rather, he DID give really good interviews. He has a very Scandinavian way about him (always blunt, tells the truth) and I'm sure the PR people and his handlers are horrified. Being on TV, even latenight, and telling the story about being stoned on hash brownies? Or telling a magazine about contracting two different VD's from the same chick at the Roskilda music festival? Or how about owning up to vandalism that cost a ton of money to fix at government buildings?? LOL

I hope it doesn't come across as disrespectful to anyone, but the PR-clean type of interview is more of a US thing than everywhere else. I grew up in Italy, Spain and France (we moved a lot) and all actors from those countries seem to have that spontaneous way of running their mouth NCW has. UK actors also give less scripted interviews, if you hear anything the likes of James McAvoy say you'll know what I mean. The talk shows over here (UK) are more spontaneous, too. But yeah, European celebrities/actors seem fond of TMI, which is great when it's NCW, but when it's someone like Gerard Depardieu a bit less :P

Haha, this sounds hilarous. Do you have links for any of these?

I once had a urinary infection. That was fine, but in Denmark when you have that, as a man, if you're under the age of 50 they call you in for a test. I thought it was a test to check how much power your piss has. I went in and they sent me down to examination room number three. There was a nurse waiting for me. She asked me to undress, so I did. I asked her what we were doing, and she just said that they wanted to have "a look". So I'm lying there and she puts a little bit of gel on my willy. I asked her what it was for and she said it was so that it wouldn't hurt so much. Then the doctor came in with this big thing and said: "Let's have a look at it, then!" He had this big, bendy camera. Then he inserted it into my penis. That pain was beyond painful. So the lesson is never let anyone put a camera up your penis. Afterwards he asked me if I wanted him to have a look at the other one. He had another big thing to go in the arse. I told him I was alright.

When I was 21 I went to a music festival and met a girl who gave me two presents that I didn't discover until I got back. Two great venereal diseases.

That was in GQ :)

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2012-03/27/nikolaj-coster-waldau-jaime-lannister-game-of-thrones-headhunters-interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LHSOGDfjps

And that's a link to the Kimmel interview where he talks about eating the Hash "cakes" and becoming a Woodland Elf. LOL

I hope it doesn't come across as disrespectful to anyone, but the PR-clean type of interview is more of a US thing than everywhere else. I grew up in Italy, Spain and France (we moved a lot) and all actors from those countries seem to have that spontaneous way of running their mouth NCW has. UK actors also give less scripted interviews, if you hear anything the likes of James McAvoy say you'll know what I mean. The talk shows over here (UK) are more spontaneous, too. But yeah, European celebrities/actors seem fond of TMI, which is great when it's NCW, but when it's someone like Gerard Depardieu a bit less :P

That is very, very true. I've never lived in Europe but I've spent some time there (going again in a few weeks!) but I have a lot of friends in Scandinavia and I've been to Sweden and Denmark on multiple occasions. I LOVE THEM. They are amazing people.

Archived