(crackpot) Qyburn, Tywin's corpse and Cersei's trust

Lord Freypie

She picks the people who will tell her what she wants to hear; who support her insanity rather than question her motives. Jaime does that and he isn't around any longer. Cersei is easy pickings for Qyburn. She attracts the kind of people who reflect her own ambitions. Yes. I wonder what Merryweather is up to and who she knows.

Wasn't Lady Merryweather shown to be connected to LF? I forget where, but I seem to recall that was somewhere.

Cersei also trusted the pretty man who wanted her to build ten huge ships for him, who then sailed off with them. Yes, her reign is basically all about trusting the wrong people. And ironically, thinking the worst about anyone who doesn't flatter her. For example, it's wise to mistrust the Tyrells because they are a pretty ambitious family. But Cersei takes it to a whole new level and always assumes the worst in any action a Tyrell takes, to the point of alienating them.

Yeah, I definitely think it is odd that Cersei trusts Qyburn even after he seemingly blunders on the first job he has a hand in, plus coupled with her strange distrust of Pycelle who has really gone above and beyond for House Lannister. But I think this is supposed to be about Cersei's lack of judgment in who to trust, because she makes a similar mistake trusting Lady Meriweather, Aurane Waters, and the Kettleblacks. Cersei takes flattery as devotion and secrets shared as commitment. I think most of her advisors and confidants understood this about her early and used it to her advantage to get close to her.

Yes,he did.But then Cersei took complete ownership of the plan and it's execution.(sic)But there is nothing in her subsequent POV's that show that she followed through with it.

Kettleblack was sent off, I believe. I kind of assume this is the cause of the Jon stabbing, although this isn't yet confirmed. The plan wasn't just to attack the NW Commander, but actually to use politics to turn the NW against Commander Snow. And this is kind of what happened.

Kettleblack was sent off, I believe. I kind of assume this is the cause of the Jon stabbing, although this isn't yet confirmed. The plan wasn't just to attack the NW Commander, but actually to use politics to turn the NW against Commander Snow. And this is kind of what happened.

If a Kettleback was sent off,he didn't arrive.Yes,you can make a case that Cersie's and Qyburn's plan foreshadowed what really happened- "daggers in the dark",but as I say there is no evidence at the Wall or Kings Landing that the plan was ever effected.

If you believe that there's a Lannister hand in the Jon assassination,then that hand seems to be Tywin's,post mortem admittedly.

Archived