Characters, we hardly knew ye....

Oberyn Prime

Smalljon Umber. The last we see of his he covers Robb with a table at the RW. Would like to have seen more of this man either before or after the RW.

Craster. Don't get me wrong-he was a sick bastard who deserved to die although I'd like to have seen him live long enough to tell his story before being wighted.

Gerion Lannister. We only hear of Jaime and Tyrion's memories of him before we are led to assume he is dead. He may not be but I would still like more of this character.

Thanks for all the feedback! After reading everyone's posts I can see that there really are almost too many characters to name that got cut down before we really got to see what they were going to do, or just the simple fact that they got killed and we're all collectively bummed out about their deaths. I think the fact that so many people come out about a topic like this shows how well these characters resonate with everyone, and truly how much we all love reading and analyzing everything in this tremendous series.

The Red Viper was awesome imagine if he had sat on the council, what a treat that would be. Shit would be spoke unto those who deserved shit.

Qourin could have been an amazing mentor for Jon if he had lived.

Cortnay Penrose is up there with Kevin McAllister when it comes to defending your home.

I'll mention Benjen Stark not knowing if he is as yet alive, I'd love to know why he joined the NW and what he has been up to for almost five books.

Oberyn was such a nice character =/

He was witty... bad ass... plot signifigant... and actually likes action instead of sitting around talking about lemon cakes.

The Tickler... :dunno:

Might have made Brienne's chapters less boring?

*Runs away before being stabbed to death

Oberyn Martell The Red Viper. This is the single most frustrating thing for me in the entire series!!!

Cortnay Penrose :bowdown:

Qhorin Half Hand

Beric Dondarrion the Lightning Lord at least because I would much rather have him than Lady Stoneheart

Benjen Stark

Greatjon Umber (at least for now)

• 3 weeks later...

Shoot me, but pretty much Nothing about any Grejoy is interesting in anyway to me. Especially the Uncle, The Priest (forgot his name - found him t be nothing more than a Ignorant AS$#%le ). Don't really understand the fascination with Theon's torture. Or how it advances the Book at this point. Maybe some big Secret coming,but don't see it.

Miss Syrio Forel the most. Had lots to tell. Was absolute Super on the Show.

1. Robb. :frown5: He's far better developed in the TV series, particularly his relationship with Jeyne/Talisa. It seems less like a stupid childish decision and more like unstoppable passion. :drool:

2. Oberyn, obviously.

3. Jeor Mormont. To me, this mostly has to do with how he went out. Thought it was a pretty lame death that didn't really say anything about who he was. The Old Bear should have taught us something with his demise.

Prince Oberyn, strolled on looking cool, got killed, exit stage left, pity because he made a big impression on me. Think i only like the Dornish because of him.,

Jory Cassell

Any of Davos Seaworth's sons, just coz i love Davos really...

Renly, i miss him, if he were still around people would get a lot less excited about Stannis. (Sorry, can't really see the attraction, TV Stannis is cool, book Stannis is boring)

Benjen Stark's not dead, that's my theory and i'm sticking to it.

Fortunately, we probably have lots of Darkstar to look forward to. Unless GRRM decides we'd rather read three chapters about Arianne's nipples.

Is that such a bad thing?

In all seriousness, I'd have to go with:

Oberyn - While he went out in his peak and advanced the story, I can't help but feel he still had so much potential. I would have loved some scenes where he causes massive arguments in the Small Council, or a scene where he and Cersei talk about their possible marriage. Shame we'll never get any of this, but he did leave us with some incredibly badass lines and moments. I believe I read somewhere that even GRRM said he wished he kept him around for a bit longer.

Ned - His death was incredibly significant and had a huge impact both in story and out, but he was such a good man that it was sad to see him go. There were so many interesting memories he had that we'll never get his point of view on. His love for his family and stubborn honor made him who he was. He will forever be remembered.

Viserys - While there is no denying he was an asshole, he had very good reasons for it. It's hard to imagine somebody not acting like that after nearly their entire family has been wiped out and they have had to flee from their home and be on the run from assassins for years. On first read (or first view, since I watched season 1 before I read all the books) I rejoiced at his death, but now on re-reads and re-watches I feel a degree of sadness and pity towards him. He was a great, interesting character, and it's a shame we only got so little of him.

Some other characters that I won't list reasons for are:

Quentyn

Arys

Courtnay Penrose

Cressen

Kevan (I will miss him especially)

Cleos

Robert

Renly

Tywin

Benjen

Donal Noye