Dany will marry Victarion and then Jon Snow

Is this theory commonly known about / accepted? I was looking at one prophecy in The House of the Undying which says:

“Her silver was trotting through the grass, to a darkling stream beneath a sea of stars. A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright on his dead face, gray lips smiling sadly. A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness...mother of dragons...bride of death...”

The first sentence refers to Drogo, who we know Miri Maz Duur 'saved'. To my mind, Drogo was killed by her and brought back to life in a vegetative state. The second sentence refers to Victarion Greyjoy, as grey lips smiling = Greyjoy and he's on the prow of a ship. Furthermore, Black Crow points out in another thread that Victarion is likely undead having been killed and brought back to life my Moqorro:

http://asoiaf.wester...ping-victarion/

The final sentence refers Jon Snow, as we assume R+L=J and because Lyanna loved the blue rose. Plus it's by a wall of ice. At the end of ADWD, Jon Snow seemingly dies, but most expect him to be reborn one way or another.

So now comes the key line: Bride of death. This means Dany will definitely marry both undead Victarion and undead Jon at some point, just like she was married to undead Drogo. Quite how the undead manifests in each case remains to be seen but I think the marriages are inevitable.

Apologies for having posted this elsewhere/perhaps mentioning something commonly known. But...do you guys agree?

Haha, I'm not usually one for prophecies but the House of the Undying ones seem pretty powerful. If you have anything you disagree with, why not raise specific points?

Of course, it's possible the warlocks could be messing with Dany in the HotU, but surely the interpretation of the prophecy must be right?

the problem for me is at the perception of a romantic affair not the perception of a meaningful meeting.

Nothing in the prophecies indicates that it will be a romantic meating.

I don't think it will be romantic at all. I just think they will marry. After all - Victarion's aim is to marry Dany. We know he wants to. Maybe he'll convince Dany somehow. In terms of Dany and Jon, it's impossible to say from the story but the prophecy does make it likely that they will marry imo. Hopefully it won't be sweet and romantic...but we'll see....eventually...

^Lol, got to have an eye catching topic!

Why are you overlooking Hizdahr, whom Dany is currently married to? Have you thought about how he might fit in with your ideas?

Good point. I haven't really - only just came up with the idea now. :P

(I've not really analysed this kind of stuff much in the past)

That said, Hizdahr doesn't necessarily undermine the prophecy, it just makes it less neat.

I'm secretly hoping that Victarion is much more than people give him credit for. He seems to be the type of man Dany would go for. She seems to want to be taken as opposed to matched and Vic seems to want to take his bride. I'm hoping he is not UnVic and that he just has the hand/arm burned. Only conflict I see with this theory is of course who would wear the eventual pants of that relationship(who would rule).

I actually think this is a pretty nice idea.

Thanks.

The post I was referring to suggesting Victarion is undead (or at least not normal!):

The iron captain was not seen again that day, but as the hours passed the crew of his Iron Victory reported hearing the sound of wild laughter coming from the captain's cabin, laughter deep and dark and made... Later singing was heard, a strange high wailing song in a tongue the maester said was High Valyrian. That was when the monkeys left the ship, screeching as they leapt into the water.

Come sunset, as the sea turned black as ink and the swollen sun tinted the sky a deep and bloody red, Victarion came back on deck. He was naked from the waist up, his left arm blood to the elbow. As his crew gathered, whispering and trading glances, he raised a charred and blackened hand. Wisps of dark smoke rose from his fingers...

It was noted how odd it was that the narrating switches away from Victarion's point of view. While that definitely doesn't prove he's undead, something fishy went on in there and I want to know!

Archived