Top 5 warriors in the north

nordas

I believe that Mance and the Halfhand are massively overrated.Mance whooped Jon's ass but since when is Jon that great of a swordsman?He was one of the best wildling warriors however considering how Stannis' host smashed the vastly outnumbering them wildling army I'd say they are not that great warriors after all.The Halfhand was one of the best swordsmen in the Night's Watch but as we have seen the Night's Watch is not of the highest quality, frankly compared to the real westerosi armies they're a joke so I'd say any fully trained southern knight could cut the like of Mance and Qhorin to pieces with minimum difficulty.I'm not saying there are no great warriors in the North but I'm saying we should look for them amongst the northern nobles and men at arms not amongst the Night's Watch and wildlings.

Qhorin has more experience in actually fighting for his life than anybody else in the world, thats got to count for something. Jon was getting has ass kicked by Qhorin even when he had Longclaw and Qhorin was letting him win - Jon only won because of Ghost. This is also the guy who had his sword hand mangled beyond use (which happened because he grabbed an axe in his bare hand to stop it from slicing his head open), he trained with his left hand and actually became better than before. If theres one thing Qhorin isn't, its overrated.

Qhorin has more experience in actually fighting for his life than anybody else in the world, thats got to count for something. Jon was getting has ass kicked by Qhorin even when he had Longclaw and Qhorin was letting him win - Jon only won because of Ghost. This is also the guy who had his sword hand mangled beyond use (which happened because he grabbed an axe in his bare hand to stop it from slicing his head open), he trained with his left hand and actually became better than before. If theres one thing Qhorin isn't, its overrated.

I agree with you that Qhorin is a better sword than Jon ATM but you seriously have a biased opinion against Jon. To you Jon Snow sucks at everything and you won't see it any other way.

From the North: Qhorin Half-hand, Jorah Mormont, Mance Rayder, Greatjon Umber, Hellman Tallhart.

In the North: Qhorin Half-hand, Mance Rayder, Hosteen Frey, Richard Horpe, Quarl the maid.

In the end, giants trump everyone.

1 - Qhorin

2 - Eddard (He's certainly a very capable warrior)

3 - Smalljon / Greatjon Umber

4 - Rodrik Cassel/ Jorah Mormont

5 - Mance / Benjen Stark

Honorable mentions: Jon Snow and Tormund

I agree with you that Qhorin is a better sword than Jon ATM but you seriously have a biased opinion against Jon. To you Jon Snow sucks at everything and you won't see it any other way.

I don't think he sucks, I think that people are inflating him to make him seem more important than he actually is. I don't like him much, but im not biased. He's just not terribly interesting for me to read about him.

I don't know why people all rate that high Qhorin Halfhand, I mean he seems pretty badass and killed many wildlings, but seriously defeating wildlings seems like a joke, I mean many of them fight with spears in wood, that's pretty much the worst weapon you can get.

Yes he's better than Jon Snow easily and many others, but I guess he is in the Bronn, Lothor Brune type of skills. I wouldn't be surprise if Greatjon Umber, some Glovers, Ser Helman Tallhart, Ser Jorah Mormont, Ser Rodrik Cassel, possibly some mountain chieftain(or even Skaggos canibals haha) and possibly Robb Stark personnal guard were better than him. Ser Marlon Manderly seems like a badass also.

Archived