Bran the Dragonknight

Leagon

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 28:

So long as there was magic, anything could happen. Ghosts could walk, trees could talk, and broken boys could grow up to be knights.

"But there isn't," he said aloud in the darkness of his bed,"There's no magic and the stories are just stories."

And he would never walk, nor fly, nor be a knight."

As we know, Bran can now walk (via Hodor) and fly (via ravens). And it turns out that magic is real.

I think there's a strong likelihood that Bran gets to live out his childhood dream of being a knight. Warging a horse, however, still wouldn't make him similar to a knight. He'd just be a horse. But if he were to warg a dragon, he would be basically doing the same things the dragonknights did (i.e. flying around and burninating shit).

Or it's possible he'll warg Hodor and become a knight, I guess. But since he's always been obsessed with Prince Aemon, I think it more likely that he wargs a dragon.

Thoughts?

I've said it before but from a pure, inherent power/abilities/magical perspective, Bran is the most powerful person in all of ASOIAF, yes even more than Daenerys whose abilities consist of being a glorified oven mitt on random occasions. I think he's being set up to be one of the most important characters in the entire series, it's just taken an incredibly long amount of time.

I've said it before but from a pure, inherent power/abilities/magical perspective, Bran is the most powerful person in all of ASOIAF, yes even more than Daenerys whose abilities consist of being a glorified oven mitt on random occasions. I think he's being set up to be one of the most important characters in the entire series, it's just taken an incredibly long amount of time.

I absolutely agree with this and have based my understanding of the novels off of this idea. His is the song of Ice (Direwolves) and Fire (Dragons).

Is it more difficult than a human?

I don't think it has ever been said that it wasn't. If you can warg direwolves, why not dragons?

The only 2 things I think would prevent it is if dragons are somehow magically immune to incursions into their minds or because a dragons mind is only on food for the most part and would be too wild to control

The only 2 things I think would prevent it is if dragons are somehow magically immune to incursions into their minds or because a dragons mind is only on food for the most part and would be too wild to control

Ah, yes. I never really thought about that before but it would make sense.

There's nothing so far in the series that indicates that dragons are anything other than a very powerful, formerly extinct animal. And even if they are very difficult to control, Bran is quickly looking like he'll be the most powerful warg ever by quite a margin. If anyone could do it, it would be he.

There's nothing so far in the series that indicates that dragons are anything other than a very powerful, formerly extinct animal. And even if they are very difficult to control, Bran is quickly looking like he'll be the most powerful warg ever by quite a margin. If anyone could do it, it would be he.

Exactly. If there was such a line, I thought it would be with humans, but we know they can be warged too. I don't see why it would be technically a problem. That said, this doesn't mean that it will happen.

There was a theory that the Targs led a anti-warg propaganda because they were afraid of dragon warging...

:lol: This is brilliant, I'm definitely stealing it ;)

No, it's pretty clear that Dragons are magical creatures, unlike other animals.

True, but also why I don't think he'll survive it.

No, it's pretty clear that Dragons are magical creatures, unlike other animals.

How are they any different from direwolves? How are direwolves any different from regular wolves? There's been nothing magical shown about them, so far.

How are they any different from direwolves?

Well dragons breathe fire, for one. Secondly they've been historically linked with magic.

Direwolves are actual animals that once existed. They are big wolves who died when the ice age ended. They did not breathe fire, because that's not a thing normal non-magical animals do...

Brandon Snow didn't sit in front of the weirwood making arrows for any regular creature. If we are to believe what Quaithe said to Dany in the markets of Qarth that would mean dragons are responsible for the return of magic. Bran is the winged wolf and it may be that he wargs a dragon, but I think he would need to visit the green men on the Isle of Faces.

Archived