Raynald Westerling's fate?

It would be so nice if he lived and ended up with the BWB or washed up on the Quiet Isle.

I said it'd be nice. I didn't say I thought it was probable.

Dead probably. You should never trust a death unless you see the body, when it comes to GRRM, but that doesn't mean everyone without a definitive on-screen death isn't dead. This is probably one of those cases.

Btw. for all those who are wondering whether his bitch mother knew about RW: even Tywin didn't really know what exactly was going to happen at the RW, the pact was to kill Robb and take most of the rest as prisoners he was even surprised that Catelyn was killed, and rather disgusted that the Freys made such a butchery of it.

Going by the reality that he has no remaining function to fulfill in the story, I am assuming he is dead. If he ever had it purpose, it was as part of the lesson that Sybell Spicer is learning, which is that siding with the Lannisters was not as beneficial to her family as she expected.

When Robb first comes to The Twins, Old Man Walder suspiciously asks him where Jeyne is, saying he wanted to see her for himself.

He wanted to murder her, too.

But Jeyne wasn't there, so they killed the Westerling they could get their hands on: Reynald (who even gave them "cause" so to speak by running to get Grey Wind loose). Because the Frey brain trust, especially the old man, is petty like that.

The Freys are evasive about Reynald's fate when Jaime questions them because they have since learned that Mama Westerling was in on the plot, thus Reynald was supposed to be considered On Their Side, thus he should've been spared, given the nice cell, and returned to his family hale and hearty. In their zeal to get their total revenge, they killed him, and probably dishonored his body and dumped it in the river. Which they cannot admit to Jaime they did, because the Lannister coalition is the only bridge they haven't burned yet (and it's rickety anyway).

It's another illustration of how the Freys have ultimately fucked themselves with the Red Wedding plot.

there is no argument of he will never come back. Catelyn was DEAD FOR THREE DAYS and guess what? She's walkin around right now.....figuratively. he MAY never come back, but don't put it passed GRRM, for all we know he is the cloaked man in WF

Archived