Who will tell Jon about his parents (theory)

But how he'll be able to see it, if there's not much weirwoods in the south?

I think he'll be able just to see them leaving Winterfell

If we go by that they met in Winterfell, which I don't think they did. Rhaegar was in KL. To travel all the way to Winterfell unnoticed is not possible

And it was told to Bran that with time he can learn to see through all trees, not just weirwoods.

Bran will find out by either the Wierwoods or Jojen will tell because Howland told him. Bran will then try and contact Jon to tell him, but I think Howland will be the one to tell him.

If we go by that they met in Winterfell, which I don't think they did. Rhaegar was in KL. To travel all the way to Winterfell unnoticed is not possible

And it was told to Bran that with time he can learn to see through all trees, not just weirwoods.

ah, I forgot about it

that's why I'm re-reading, I didn't paid attention to some details :drunk:

So Bran shows Jon Ned saying it in front of a Wierwood?

Yes.

Ned used the godswood to reflect and unburden himself. What is his heaviest burden? No one ever disturbed him there, either. He was granted solitude.

But how he'll be able to see it, if there's not much weirwoods in the south?

I think he'll be able just to see them leaving Winterfell

If we're talking about legitimacy and a possible wedding before a heart tree, there are several in the area of the Riverlands where it's assumed Lyanna was taken from. There's a skinny one at Riverrun, a huge one at Harrenhal, which is where a lot of people think Lyanna might have been staying. Then there's the Isle of Faces, and Harrenhal sits on the northern shore of the God's Eye, the Isle of Faces sits in its center. Also going over water would be a good way to throw off and confuse pursuers.

If we're talking about legitimacy and a possible wedding before a heart tree, there are several in the area of the Riverlands where it's assumed Lyanna was taken from. There's a skinny one at Riverrun, a huge one at Harrenhal, which is where a lot of people think Lyanna might have been staying. Then there's the Isle of Faces, and Harrenhal sits on the northern shore of the God's Eye, the Isle of Faces sits in its center. Also going over water would be a good way to throw off and confuse pursuers.

There could also be one In Starfall or near there as they are First Men, and could have married in front of it (Lyanna and Rhaegar that is).

I think that there's a possibility that (a) Benjen Stark's not dead and (B) Benjen Stark knows and thus may well tell Jon if he learns that his brother and sister in law are dead. What exactly Jon will do with this info is anyone's guess. I mean he aught to stay with the Night's watch as per his oath, coz in a way i think Ned let him join to keep him out of trouble. The same might be true of Benjen, who might be in the Night's Watch to keep an eye on Jon.

I think that there's a possibility that (a) Benjen Stark's not dead and ( B) Benjen Stark knows and thus may well tell Jon if he learns that his brother and sister in law are dead. What exactly Jon will do with this info is anyone's guess. I mean he aught to stay with the Night's watch as per his oath, coz in a way i think Ned let him join to keep him out of trouble. The same might be true of Benjen, who might be in the Night's Watch to keep an eye on Jon.

I can't see him as a NW man anymore

he'll be really pissed, his brothers atempted to kill him

Well, it would be interesting to see him leave the Wall and go back to Winterfell, have him engage in fighting because he's not done that that much yet.

He'll aim the North toward the Wall, he knows what he needs to do. He won't forsake his true vow of protecting the realm.

I can't see him as a NW man anymore

he'll be really pissed, his brothers atempted to kill him

I can't see him abandoning the NW, the foreshadowing of his conversation with Aemon in book 1 is so strong, along with Tyrion's advice to wrap himself in his "bastard" identity. I can see turning down the chance to be Jon Stark and Jon Targaryen both to remain Jon the bastard LC of the wall.

Archived