Are there Others, Childrenoftheforest,Giants,wargs, etc. in Essos?

ninewinter

I think the Others, the Children and wargs are only present in Westeros.

The Others have been linked with cold. Where the cold is, the Others follow, and vice versa, so I think they're from the Lands of Always Winter. And their link with the cold makes me think it wouldn't be possible for them to exist in Essos.

Both the First Men and the Andals originated from Essos, and they both fought against the Children, mainly because of religious differences. So, no, I don't think they've seen anything like them from where they come from.

Wargs are somehow related to the Children of the Forest and the Old Gods. Like I said, neither of those have ever been present in Essos, so I don't think there are any wargs there either.

I'm not sure about Giants, because we've heard that mammoths roam on Ibben, so who knows, there may be some giants there as well.

Just Dany

And which one of those is she? An Other? :P

During Illyrio and Tyrion's ride from Pentos to the Shy Maid:

They saw a circle of standing stones that Illyrio claimed had been raised by giants, and later a deep lake

Also Tyrion comes across a book, the Life of the Triarch Belicho, about a famous Volantene patriot who was eaten by giants.

(The Yellow Whale of Yunkai was also said to own a giant who he would use to screw slave girls. We could probably assume that he acquired him from Westeros.)

Archived