Jaime is probably a Targ

Orphu

When Daenerys finally conquers King's landing and burns everything, it would be cool to see Jaime turn out to be the son of Aerys. Jaime seems doomed, and I would like to see him survive Stoneheart, then see him survive a direct onslaught by dragon fire. This would cast Jaime as a Kinslayer, leading to a common ground that could lead to a reconciliation between Jaime and his brother. It also raises the possibility that Cersei's Valonqar is a dragon-rider, so she might get strangled to death by a dragon.

Twins that look very similar to each other having different fathers? Weirder things have happened

Cersei would be a Targ too, I meant that she could be strangled by some other younger Targ sibling.

First off, its a theory that's been proposed many times, but its usually dismissed as being preposterous.

Second, its not as bad as some theories - one time I saw an 'R+L = Sam' theory..

Welcome by the way :)

First off welcome, second that's not the strangest _________ is a secret Targ theory I've seen on here.

Thanks.

I thought Jaime was probably a Targ ever since I read this in dance:

"Jaime, sweetling, I have known you since you were a babe at Joanna's breast. You smile like Gerion and fight like Tyg and there's some of Kevan in you, else you would not wear that cloak...but Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you. I said so once to your father's face, and he would not speak to me for half a year"

I get that this quote probably refers to the fact that Jaime gave up his inheritance rights when he joined the Kings guard, but it made me think...

Orphu, first, welcome to the forum. MAy you have pleasent time here.

And second, one big NO. This theory emerges every week or so, and again I have to say- there`s no secret Targaryens, especially not Tywin`s kids

I thought Jaime was probably a Targ ever since I read this in dance:

"Jaime, sweetling, I have known you since you were a babe at Joanna's breast. You smile like Gerion and fight like Tyg and there's some of Kevan in you, else you would not wear that cloak...but Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you. I said so once to your father's face, and he would not speak to me for half a year"

This quote makes him even more of a Lannister.

Oh, Jaime, you smile like your uncle, you fight like your other uncle, and I can see some of the third uncle in you.

You sure do have a lot of genes from your father´s side.

The Genna comment doesn't convince me.

It's often said of a boy in real life that he "is his father's son", ie just like Daddy? That's all Auntie Genna is getting at here. Unlike R+L=J, Genna's remark is the only real piece of evidence A+J=Jamie has to go on, and it's an ambigious remark at that.

The Genna comment doesn't convince me.

It's often said of a boy in real life that he "is his father's son", ie just like Daddy? That's all Auntie Genna is getting at here. Unlike R+L=J, Genna's remark is the only real piece of evidence A+J=Jamie has to go on, and it's an ambigious remark at that.

Well, there are some more mini pieces (e.g. Aerys' behaviour at the wedding, Cersei's parallels to Aerys), but all in all, it's still pretty weak. Unlike Tyrion being a secret Targ, at least it doesn't clash with any SSM, so that's at least something ;-)

Welcome to the forums! :cheers:

Your theory is plausible, and its not the craziest Targaryen theory I've heard but I would have to respectfully disagree. I mean, if we believe all the Targ theories out there at the moment, then everyone is a Targ.

First off, its a theory that's been proposed many times, but its usually dismissed as being preposterous.

Second, its not as bad as some theories - one time I saw an 'R+L = Sam' theory..

Welcome by the way :)

R+L=Sam? Wow.

Thanks for the welcomes.

I think you are right. Evidence-wise it is a weak theory. Story-wise though, it's a cool direction to go in. If Jaime became a power player in the Targ dynasty, Barristan would not be thrilled to be working for, or with Lannisters again. There could be a powerful scene where Jaime has to kill another father figure, one he actually respects this time.

This would also work as a thematic parallel to Rob's, and Jon's efforts to deal with dissent in their ranks. King Jaime, being more intelligent than either of them, would probably resolve this in a way that served himself and the realm.

Thanks for the welcomes.

I think you are right. Evidence-wise it is a weak theory. Story-wise though, it's a cool direction to go in. If Jaime became a power player in the Targ dynasty, Barristan would not be thrilled to be working for, or with Lannisters again. There could be a powerful scene where Jaime has to kill another father figure, one he actually respects this time.

This would also work as a thematic parallel to Rob's, and Jon's efforts to deal with dissent in their ranks. King Jaime, being more intelligent than either of them, would probably resolve this in a way that served himself and the realm.

It would be an interesting direction to go in, story wise. I wouldn't count this theory out yet :)

I have been coming round to this theory personally. I find it more likely than Tyrion being Aerys son. There are a few reasons I think this might be true

1- it's mentioned that Aerys fancied There mum and that Aerys took libarties during the bedding

2- neither jaime or cersei are the equal of there father or brother in political skill despite them having much more time with there father than tyrion

3- the way cersei reacts to the fire burning the tower of the hand is very intense very targ like. She myt have a touch of targ like madness.

4- we never hear about great Lannister swordsman of the past in the series but we do hear about alot of great Targ swordsman. Barristan selmy describes jaime as" the best natural swordsman he has seen" he had to get this from somewhere and it doesn't seem 2 be a Lannister family trait

Archived