Jaime is probably a Targ

Orphu

I used to find theories like this absurd.

Then I found 'Aegon Targaryen' alive and well in ADWD with no more warning than Varys failing to use a plural noun once. I don't know that we can afford to rule anything out anymore.

Cersei gets the thigh sweats like she is getting horny when she watches the fire and acts like a MAD Queen........Her and Jaime's son Joffrey acts just a little bit like a little "MAD" King does he not?.......Jaime and Cersei's incest from a young age seems to fall naturally in line with the incest practiced by Targaryens. It also makes sense for them all to still look like Lannisters because Joanna Lannister was Jaime and Cersei's mother, even if their father was not Tywin.

You've gone the long way around to get two points across - madness and incest. Neither of this are unique to the Targaryens. There is a high chance that Targaryen children do not practice incest at a young age, but are pushed into it by parents. That the Lannister twins did it is not indicative of their genetics.

However, the most compelling piece of evidence is Jaime’s dream while he is in Riverrun.

There is a scene in a feast for crows where the silent sister who is probably Joanna Lannister hints to Jaime in his dream/non-dream thing that him and Cersei might not be Tywin's.

Jaime thinks that he is having a dream and he sees a woman dressed as a silent sister.

Unless Jamie's dreams are suddenly prophetic, or a reliable source of historic events, this means nothing; and either way, it is not evidence. That is not what evidence means, by definition. You could call it a hint, if you like.

The idea of Jamie having dreams relevant to reality would only support the Targ idea if you're a fan of circular logic - his dreams speak truth, thus he is a Targaryen, and Targs occasionally have visions, so it makes sense that Jamie had one, because we know he's a Targ.

I think this is true.

Cersei gets the thigh sweats like she is getting horny when she watches the fire and acts like a MAD Queen........Her and Jaime's son Joffrey acts just a little bit like a little "MAD" King does he not?.......Jaime and Cersei's incest from a young age seems to fall naturally in line with the incest practiced by Targaryens. It also makes sense for them all to still look like Lannisters because Joanna Lannister was Jaime and Cersei's mother, even if their father was not Tywin.

However, the most compelling piece of evidence is Jaime’s dream while he is in Riverrun.

There is a scene in a feast for crows where the silent sister who is probably Joanna Lannister hints to Jaime in his dream/non-dream thing that him and Cersei might not be Tywin's.

Jaime thinks that he is having a dream and he sees a woman dressed as a silent sister.

Silent Sister: You don't recognize me.......perhaps you will one day forget your Father? (Possible Silent Sister is Joanna Lannister)

Jaime: This is just a dream.

Silent Sister: Then why do you only have one hand?

Jaime then notices that its true and that in his dreams he always has both hands.

Silent Sister: Men always dream of what they want most but are denied. Tywin for example always wanted a son who was a great knight......and a daughter who would be queen.

Jaime: But I am in the Kings Guard and Cersei is the Queen?

The Silent Sister looks away as a tear rolls down her cheek.

I still don't buy it. The only other instance of unknowing kinslaying was when Bael the Bard led the free folk towards Winterfell, but was stopped by a Brandon Stark who happened to be his son. The kinslayer curse manifests itself almost immediately and Brandon's mother kills herself. Surely it would follow that Jaime would suffer some tragedy in the immediate future, but is instead pardoned of his crime and allowed to keep his high position.

I used to find theories like this absurd.

Then I found 'Aegon Targaryen' alive and well in ADWD with no more warning than Varys failing to use a plural noun once. I don't know that we can afford to rule anything out anymore.

I'm with Chickren on this one. I was just shook my head when I learned this - still think he's fAegon. Maybe the whole asoiaf cycle is about all of Westeros having Targaryen lineage. Either screwing or getting screwed by Targs. Literally and figuratively. Jaime a Targ? Why the hell not?

Twins that look very similar to each other having different fathers? Weirder things have happened

It's possible for dizygotic/fraternal twins conceived in an orgy.... enter crackpot!!!

:lmao:

Messy.

ooh OH OH OH.... remember when the QoT asked Tywin if he's ever gotten it on with a Squire (in the show)

CLEARLY this is evidence of the time Tywin, Aerys and Joanna... you know... and since D&D know the outcome of the book, it must be true! ;)

ETA: everyone at Highgarden already knows it.... We will get a Lancel POV which will confirm this!!!

ooh OH OH OH.... remember when the QoT asked Tywin if he's ever gotten it on with a Squire (in the show)

CLEARLY this is evidence of the time Tywin, Aerys and Joanna... you know... and since D&D know the outcome of the book, it must be true! ;)

ETA: everyone at Highgarden already knows it.... We will get a Lancel POV which will confirm this!!!

I wonder if the Lannister couple ever reflected on the day the horned dragon made the lions roar :P

You made me laugh, my friend...

And that`s the best part of this thread. :)

The idea of Jamie having dreams relevant to reality would only support the Targ idea if you're a fan of circular logic - his dreams speak truth, thus he is a Targaryen, and Targs occasionally have visions, so it makes sense that Jamie had one, because we know he's a Targ.

Yeah, what you just described there is indeed circular, but the way mattah84 is using the quote is not--because of this part of the "dream":

"Jaime: This is just a dream.

Silent Sister: Then why do you only have one hand?

Jaime then notices that its true and that in his dreams he always has both hands."

So you don't have to assume this is a prophetic dream since the quote itself establishes its reality and authenticity.

I would actually like to hear people argue why this quote does not suggest Jaime is a Targ.

Yup. Though it's highly likely his Targness will never come to light, not officially. It'll be one of those enrichment things for close readers of the text to enjoy, and thinking of the twins as Targs will help enlighten us on why they acted as they did, but it may not be info for the rest of Westeros to ever discover.

Jaime is no son of Aerys. Nor is Tyrion, or Cersei (his daughter I mean).

Also, it would just make the while Kingslayer story worse... and people are such huge fans of Jaime, for whatever reason, it'd not do to hope for such. Although, some people say Tyrion did well killing his father too... Honestly... My morals are stuck in the 19th century for sure, but honestly...

Archived