Melisandre Vs Moqorro

FuriousGeorge

Why do you think Melisandre is smarter? And where does the idea that Moqorro is just fighting for survival come from? I'm not denying that she is powerful because obviously that would be stupid but it is definitely true that Moqorro's visions are more accurate.

Well, Melisandre is pretty smart. She came to country where her relligion is practicly non-existant, and she converted one of the pretenders to the THrone. Further more, she enabled him to win entire force of Stormlands by killing Renly and Penrose. Her abilities are perhaps questioned by herself but every of her vision actually became true.

As for Moqorro, well, his situation is speaking quite loudly. He is a slave and his forced to survive, so he does what he has to. And I have to ask what vision was that much clearer than Melisandre`s. As was said before, it was just his interpretation and we know better than to trust someone`s words.

And yet... Mel's shady predictions led her to Jon Snow, even if she hasn't realized this yet. Moqorro is heading towards Dany the Mad Queen.

Mel 1 x 0 Moq

Isn't Davos the one ultimately responsible of Stannis and Melisandre even setting foot in the north and not Melisandre?

IIRC Mel wanted to stay on Dragonstone and burn Edric Storm.

OK so you would agree that Moqorro is a more proficient interpreter of fire than Melisandre?

Moqorro waiting in the sea had to be SPOT ON accurate to work. I don't think we've seen that precision from Mel.

Well, Melisandre is pretty smart. She came to country where her relligion is practicly non-existant, and she converted one of the pretenders to the THrone. Further more, she enabled him to win entire force of Stormlands by killing Renly and Penrose. Her abilities are perhaps questioned by herself but every of her vision actually became true.

As for Moqorro, well, his situation is speaking quite loudly. He is a slave and his forced to survive, so he does what he has to. And I have to ask what vision was that much clearer than Melisandre`s. As was said before, it was just his interpretation and we know better than to trust someone`s words.

The vision that was much clearer than Melisandre's was the one that made him put his life in jeopardy and board a ship that he knew was going to sink. I personally don't think Melisandre is capable of the same.

OK so you would agree that Moqorro is a more proficient interpreter of fire than Melisandre?

I would agree he says so. He says his visions are quite clear. Can you guarantee that? Or is this just depending on his words?

I would agree he says so. He says his visions are quite clear. Can you guarantee that? Or is this just depending on his words?

Name one of Mels readings that has been as precise as Moqorro waiting for Vic HAD to be.

The vision that was much clearer than Melisandre's was the one that made him put his life in jeopardy and board a ship that he knew was going to sink. I personally don't think Melisandre is capable of the same.

It just ocurred to me? Are you saying all of this because wiki says so, or you came to some conclusion? For I have heard no proof that his visions are clearer other than his words.

It just ocurred to me? Are you saying all of this because wiki says so, or you came to some conclusion? For I have heard no proof that his visions are clearer other than his words.

Hah so wiki agrees with me! FuriousGeorge 1 - 0 Mladen. No I did not know it said that on the wiki I came to the conclusion myself because I was thinking about how to explain why I think Melisandre will turn out to be a malevolent character. Also the image of Moqorro just having absolute faith in his vision and going down with the ship is probably one of the most epic passages of ASOIAF.

No of course I can't personally guarantee it but the fact that he was right and Victarion did save him is a pretty good indicator that he has got his vision technique down.

Hah so wiki agrees with me! FuriousGeorge 1 - 0 Mladen. No I did not know it said that on the wiki I came to the conclusion myself because I was thinking about how to explain why I think Melisandre will turn out to be a malevolent character. Also the image of Moqorro just having absolute faith in his vision and going down with the ship is probably one of the most epic passages of ASOIAF.

Poor dear, you are keeping scores. Well, let me tell you, you`ll need more than wiki. Wiki is the most unreliable source because anyone with keyboard can write on it. So, if someone thinks Moqorro`s visions are clearer, and his posts it on wiki, that doesn`t mean it`s true.

Melisandre had absolute faith in her visions, all the way until we had her POV. Who can tell he was completely right about everything or that he is more reliable than Melisandre. Also, never forget that Wall can pretty much surpress her powers due to being build by First Men.

And, for the end, about score, you`ll need a lot of victories to catch up with me.

Isn't Davos the one ultimately responsible of Stannis and Melisandre even setting foot in the north and not Melisandre?

IIRC Mel wanted to stay on Dragonstone and burn Edric Storm.

That is true but we should also consider that when Melisandre looks into her fires now, asking to see Azor Ahai, she sees Jon Snow. To me that is what makes comparisons between the two interesting. We have seen that Moqorro is generally better at reading his fires than Melisandre is at reading hers, yet it seems their fires are disagreeing as to the identity of Azor Ahai. Unless, of course, Azor Ahai is more than one person.

That is true but we should also consider that when Melisandre looks into her fires now, asking to see Azor Ahai, she sees Jon Snow. To me that is what makes comparisons between the two interesting. We have seen that Moqorro is generally better at reading his fires than Melisandre is at reading hers, yet it seems their fires are disagreeing as to the identity of Azor Ahai. Unless, of course, Azor Ahai is more than one person.

Now my memory might need jogging, but does Moqorro actually indicate that he thinks he is heading toward Azor Ahai? Just because he's headed to Dany it doesn't mean he thinks she's AA.

Like i said, it's been a while since i read aDwD, so maybe he does infer he thinks Dany is AA. :dunno:

Now my memory might need jogging, but does Moqorro actually indicate that he thinks he is heading toward Azor Ahai? Just because he's headed to Dany it doesn't mean he thinks she's AA.

Like i said, it's been a while since i read aDwD, so maybe he does infer he thinks Dany is AA. :dunno:

I am simply inferring that point, although perhaps you are right and I should be careful doing that. At least we can say that Benerro thinks so, and he is the one that sent Moqorro. And the strange thing about Moqorro is that it seems he has seen Jon and Aegon too, given what he tells Tyrion about seeing dragons "old and young, true and false, bright and dark."

And the strange thing about Moqorro is that it seems he has seen Jon and Aegon too, given what he tells Tyrion about seeing dragons "old and young, true and false, bright and dark."

Do you think he's seen Dany too? There was a red priest at her wedding with Drogo, and IIRC he had a vague but possible similar description.

EDIT. i mean seen in person

Archived